Project Catwalk & Project Runway

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Mr Betty Draper, Feb 2, 2006.

Tags:
  1. funky

funky FIRE AND BLOOD

when does this start?

I've missed the last couple of seasons and if I try and catch up I never will. I may as well start fresh from this season.

2. David

David Misanthropic Old Bastard

July 28

3. funky

funky FIRE AND BLOOD

is that the US date or the UK date?

I don't even know whether the UK airs it anymore :confused:

4. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Vell what did everyone think of this?

First of all i was very disapointed that the main designer for Mizz Tina Knowels was eliminated before the show even started, i'm sure she would have brought a certain asthetic that no one else could. The challenge was ok but i thought a lot of the stuff looked boring (hooray for the pucking clown though). i think Anya is a favorite at the moment, actually the top three all seemed pretty good.

Edit: i just remembered cancer guy was beyond annoying, he must have talked about cancer ten times in one hour :zombie:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  5. David

I can't help thinking Anya's lack of sewing skill is going to land her in the bottom sooner rather than later, though she may be given some extra chances based on her design skill.

Was that Bert and Anthony arguing on the runway in the extended preview?

6. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

The preview had two people screaming at Burt :D cancer/color blind guy and muscly men designer.

Poor brave Bert....

7. David

He's old and probably smells of wee, he had it coming.

I'm strangely drawn to Mormon guy :shy:

8. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

*puts on fake british accent* well i think Josh was robbed with his bird seed dress, i thought the effect was really nice. Oliver's design was nice but using the dog bed thing was hardly UNCONVENTlONAL MATERlAL, also he's for Ohio??? i thought he came from somewhere where he didn't speak english and had to learn it in the UK...pretentious cunt.

i like Fallene, i hope she sticks around a bit longer.

9. David

Is Fallene the perky assisted redhead? I've only seen episode 1 so far but I found the cast a lot less annoying than some recent casts.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Yup, she's the one with the puking clown from week 1.

11. David

Oh she's quirky and fun, which means she won't get down beyond the final 9 or so.

12. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

All Star judges and contestants announced

Yay Kenley is back, roll on the crazy. i think this will be Mondo's chance to win, too bad they didn't bring Korto back.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  13. David

I think Korto would cut a bitch if she came second again, she did not take coming second in the All Star challenge well.

And Kara Janx? REALLY? Not to mention Elisa (who is so not cut out for Project Runway no matter how likeable she is).

14. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I haven't watched season 2 so I have no clue who Kara is, I think Elisa will last a bit longer than her original stint these people always do well the second time around on reality shows.

15. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Well this was finally a fun episode, Kurt is such a cunt :D but it must be hard being an old fart and not fitting in. l felt sorry for Beccy, i would have punched Josh if he talked to me like that.

Most of the cloth were shit though, i only liked Victor's jacket and Josh's shreded vest. The rest was just varying degrees of meh and oh my god that's so ugly.

16. David

Oh I fucking HATE Bert, but you have to have a hate figure along the lines of Wendy, Santino, Jeffrey, Kenley, Irina, Ruben or Gretchen who makes it really far (though to be fair, most of that lot actually DESERVED to).

As of right now, it's Anya FTW for me, if for no other reason than I could listen to that accent all day.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  17. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Anya is ACE. Love her style and she's just gorgeous. She seems really lovely and genuine too. Anthony Ryan is hot and I love his Southern accent. It was obviously a disastrous week for him though... his outfit was one of the worst ever.

Bert is the most childish one there. Ironic. Bryce is disgusting.

18. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

What??? i thought she came off like a complete bitch this week, she just stood there while Josh abused Beccy and you could see it all over her face that she didn't give a fuck about that poor thing. But i agree her sense of style and designs are some of the strongest.

Olivier or Oliver like he was called in OHIO gets on tits, i want to take one of his oversized sweaters and smother him with it. Although the line "i wanted to win the race but then i fell like a bitch" did win him some points with me this week.

19. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

I thought Anya seemed really uncomfortable with the way Josh was treating Becky. It was all filmed over the course of one day, remember. It probably took her a couple of hours to realise what an arsehole he was being, and then she was by Becky's side to comfort her when she got upset. I don't think she came off as a bitch AT ALL.

20. David

Before this week Anthony Ryan probably would have been my choice to win, but he was SO derailed by Bert that I'm now worried.

If he was a little bit bulkier and a bit less camp he'd be quite doable.

21. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Sounds fun :zombie:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  22. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Also what a shit Avant Garde challenge this week, I'm beginning to believe that this crop of contestants is one of the weakest.

23. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Yeah, I don't think they're a very strong bunch. Anya, Anthony, Josh, Laura and Kimberley have all turned in come cool work though at various points.

24. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Best PR episode in quite a while, i don't think i've ever laughed like that...Michael Kors was on fire. On the other hand Josh needs to fuck off with his over arched eyebrows and face that looks like grasshopper, as someone else said "Josh, I don't give a damn about your dead mom. Except to envy her"

i'm glad Anya won, even if i liked Viktor and Anthony's work more at least it wasn't dreary old Olivier.

25. David

At this point I'm doing a ranking based on likelihood to make the final.

1. Anthony Ryan
    2. Anya
    3. Joshua
    4. Laura
    5. Olivier
    6. Viktor
    7. Bert
    8. Kimberley
    9. Bryce

26. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I'd say Anya and Anthony Ryan are definitely in the top 3 but the third is really a toss up between Laura, Viktor and Olivier. Josh's taste level is appalling and I doubt they'll let him make to the top 3.

All nine collections are online now (no one knows the top 3), I've been itching to have a look but I don't want spoil myself.

27. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

28. David

Why is the lovely Anya dressed like a prostitute from the 80s? :(

29. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Ugh that two part finale is the worst thing ever...has there ever been so much blatant favoritism before? i mean they let four designers through with no extra "make an eleventh look challenge" and then give the designer who obviously was behind and needed more money to make new pieces $500 so they can finish there one note collection and take the win.

At least last year i could see some reason behind giving Gretchen the win, this year it's just that they've chosen the designer ages ago and just kept at it. Worst season ever (even worse than that L.A season).

30. ameraal

ameraal is this too much?

so i've become somewhat obsessed with project runway. i think i've seen 4 seasons in under a month. now that michael cors is gone what an amazing jury - not to mention tim gunn. between him, heidi, nina gasia and the lovably douchey zac what it has some of my favourite tv personalities ever.

i'm can't wait for the finale in a couple of days!

31. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I watched the one with the crazy Russian guy, I might download this latest one when it's done.

32. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Also what a sad thread, a reminder of the days we used to have long conversations about Project Runway.

33. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

I didn't even know it was still going!

34. ameraal

i doubt anyone is still watching but i have to say i love kelly dempsey and i hope she wins *.*

35. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

She is the most intresting, I would hate it if Edmond won.

36. ameraal

she's just so lovable and humble on top of being talented and just a really nice person. i want to be her friend.

37. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Kelly woz robbed by the Chiquita banana lady. I like Ashley but those headdresses were awful and the final piece was a monstrosity.

38. Superstylin'

Superstylin' User

Anyone bothering with Project Runway Junior? The boys are all queens! I'm actually quite enjoying it rather than yet another 'All Star' season featuring a heap of people who nobody gave a shit about first time around, glad it's been rested for now.

39. ameraal

i am loving junior! it's both amazing (because they're so cute and unjaded and lovable) and depressing (because they're so young and capable already it puts us to shame).

40. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

This season is quite fun so far. It's obvious that it's between Laurent and Erin but enough drama to keep it interesting.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016