Project Catwalk & Project Runway

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Mr Betty Draper, Feb 2, 2006.

Tags:
  1. ameraal

ameraal make me bad

i'm watching. i think it's rather dull for now. erin seems to be ahead for sure.

2. ameraal

ameraal make me bad

so this is back. i was not really feeling it until they started making fun of the twins :D
    also i cannot wait to have ninagassia back in my life *.*

3. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I got into Project Runway after finishing Drag Race, but only seasons 7 and 8 are on UK Netflix at the moment. I ought to check the satellite channels though, as I wouldn't be surprised if some channel was padding schedules with old seasons.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

OMG the twins are so hateful and those shorts were horrendous.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I'm sure you can find torrents of the older seasons as with ANTM the earlier seasons are much better. There's a drop in quality after the move to Lifetime.

6. ameraal

ameraal make me bad

i still haven't seen all of it. probably a good few seasons left but i'm in no rush if i have to be honest.

7. ameraal

ameraal make me bad

indeed!

also: i love how it's the two of us watching every crappy thing on tv.

8. ameraal

ameraal make me bad

i'm not really sure about sleeves.

well i'm sure i don't care what you think one inch, lenka, so fuck back off to russia and take modelcam with you.

9. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

The gender is a construct gay was wearing extremely offensive mesh shorts with tightly whities. It was distracting whenever they zoomed at him.

10. ameraal

ameraal make me bad

it was wonderfully wtf. he totally knows what he was doing.

i had a right laugh when tim and the word anal shared screentime. it was like thinking about my parents having sex.

wasn't it enough for them to show heidi telling him to "shake his little booty" one more time? :D

11. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Not when it comes to designing. His garments have been below average so far.

I thought Kintaro (what a fabulous name) screaming anal over and over again was funny. Also his nightgown was purrtty.

12. ameraal

ameraal make me bad

speaking of his nightgown "naomi of the plus sized" gets on my tits. in fact the talking models annoy the shit out of me full stop.

13. lolly

Still waiting for Netflix UK to get more than seasons 7 & 8 of Runway :evil:

14. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

hi gang. i've watched 7 and 8 on netflix, and have seen s10 as well. which are the strongest seasons do you think?

15. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

1 to 5 with 3&4 being the peak.

Chlammy likes this.
  16. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Also for those who watched season 4, Mychael Knight who was a finalist passed always yesterday.

17. lolly

And for those who haven't, THANKS :evil:

Madison likes this.
  18. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

This seems as good a place as any to flag - a show of this ilk - Skin Wars: Fresh Paint - was added to Netflix UK this week, hosted by Ru Paul for some reason.

It’s not very good. Lots of breasts.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  19. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

It's been 10 years, get over it.

20. lolly

It's okay, I'd probably Google the result before I even started it.

21. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Also I don't think the early seasons will come to Netflix, they switched after 4 or 5 to a different network.

22. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

I hate no idea Santino was on this.

23. ameraal

ameraal make me bad

has this been a boring season? probably. i can't say i'm crazy about any of the finalists. tim, however, is giving me life this episode with his fabulous forehead band aid *.*

- i put my ear to the ground when i buried a dead kitten and this is the sound i heard.
    tim: *looks at him for 10 seconds with no expression* wonderful.

24. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I mean it's Brandon's to win and it has been from week 3. One of the looks he showed yesterday was beautiful and I'm kinda glad that Lerris got the ugly one so I could see her get mad when they didn't fawn over her.

I find Ayana very hit and miss for me, the dresses are very peasant-like, she did her best work when she did unconventional stuff and the collection is not that.

Marguerita's looked interesting because of the color. Kintaro was a miss, I don't think they should have allowed him to go to the final.

ameraal likes this.
  25. ameraal

ameraal make me bad

i am thrilled kentaro won, so pleasantly surprised they chose him considering he had the least going on for him storyline-wise. it was just beautiful. everything except the new look really. if i were i woman, he's definitely the one i would wear out of them.

they all had really good collections i thought. ayana had the most misses, but she made up for it with a few really wonderful looks and i loved some of her head gear, i thought it was hers to win considering the niche.

brandon was let down by his stupid print. the models with the leather were great. he really got overconfident and delivered the dullest collection.

margarita was actually my second favourite though a couple of her models were absolutely tacky. the ones with the giant prints, the long striped jacket and print top and shorts look, the red, the print bomber however were all amazing.

i wish we got more audience members going on about the collections.

26. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I like Kentaro but I was surprised he won, personally I prefer fashion that is more pretty than conceptual and I just found his collection underwhelming but hey it's nice to see a different winner.

I didn't mind Brandon's collection but I agree that when it was all together it felt like pinkish white haze and it needed some contrast. The best looks were the pink leather.

Margarita's was colorful and impactful but some of it was really tacky. Those disco pants and the one Nina mentioned.

Ayana had some great stuff (that closing gown is going to be one that goes down in the show's history) but I hated the peasant dresses with the ruffles.

27. Adeva

Adeva User

• Project Runway's own Wendy Pepper has died. Cause of death is currently unknown. She was 53.
    • Dubbed one of reality television's "First Great Villains", Pepper was known for her massive ego and constant feuding with the other contestants, such as Jay and Kara on the very first season of Project Runway, as well as her manipulative streak.
    • After the show ended, she and her husband separated. She opened her own store in Virginia to great success, selling her own line 'Pretty World'

28. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

The show is cancelled/in limbo until the Weinstein Company finds a buyer so it might be a while until we get another season.

29. lolly

So the show has left Lifetime for Bravo, but will be returning WITHOUT Heidi and Tim Gunn, who are working together on a new show for Amazon.

Zac Posen has also confirmed he is not returning. No word on Nina Garcia yet.

30. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Yeah it feels dead.

31. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

New Project Runway trailer

32. lolly

Well Nina will keep me tuning in, at least at first.

To be honest I'm more interested in Heidi and Tim's new venture.

33. ameraal

ameraal make me bad

i love nina. i think she's fresh.

exciting.

and pretty.