Q re: The Day Before You Came - Abba video

Discussion in 'ABBA' started by Robbie, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Robbie

Robbie User

Just wondering - at the start of the second verse in the video, whereabouts is the bridge which the train is crossing? It looks very scenic.

2. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

There is a good Abba website which has lots of locations from their videos. Let me see if they mention it.

3. lolly

4. lolly

Abba nerd HEAVEN :D

5. MilkyBarKid

MilkyBarKid PARTY STEPS

I've been on that bridge and to the station in Tumba where Agnetha gets on!! If you go clubbing in Stockholm where Lino used to be you can see the locations of the 'Summer Night City' video. Last summer I went to Kalmar castle and took the bridge to Oland that Agnetha drives across in the 'Can't Shake Loose' video!!

6. lolly

I wish I discovered that website (if it was going then) before I first went to Stockholm with Mr L. We found a few Abba related places, but with that we could have spent the week going to see them all!

Hmm, on second thoughts it's probably better I hadn't found it!

7. Robbie

Robbie User

That's the one lolly! It looks mightily impressive, it must be at least half a mile or so in length.

8. Robbie

Robbie User

I've just checked dnsstuff.com and it seems like that website has only been going 3 months - it's probably saved you a lot of money if it wasn't going when you went to Stockholm!

9. lolly

It's been going a lot longer than that. I've been viewing it for at least 3 or 4 years. Perhaps that section wasn't, or they have re-registered the domain or something.

10. Toyah

Toyah LOON PANTS

Where's the street that Frida nearly goes arse over tit in the Head Over Heels vid.

11. lolly

The Head Over Heels video was filmed in the Stockholm city center on several spots.

1/ Frida running up and down on the big stairs. The stairs are situated on Kungsgatan (see the map below)/Malmskillnadsgatan in the very centre of Stockholm

2/ Frida running across a big crossing. The crossing is Kungsgatan and Sveavägen. You can see the Concert Hall (Konserthuset) in the background

3/ Frida is shopping. The warehouse "NK" in Hamngatan

4/ Frida and Björn after shopping are in Hamngatan outside the big warehouse "NK" and the bank "Nordea".

[​IMG]