Rak-Su

Discussion in 'Pop Toilet' started by dUb, Sep 28, 2018.

1. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

WHAT is going on with them?

I'm amazed that SyCo/whoever have managed to take a group that were 100% ready to go almost a year ago with massive support from the public (far beyond that of a typical talent show winner) and... done FUCK ALL with them.

Where is the 'proper' launch? They should have performed on Britain's Got Talent and released the album around then. Must have lost at least 50% of their captive audience by waiting around for no good reason. :bruised:

Oh and they've released a new single. Not sure if it's the big launch effort or another one of the buzz tracks they've been dropping periodically to zero interest.

It's fine, but it's not as good as any of their originals and sounds more like something you'd throw to 5 After Midnight and hope for the best

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  2. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I was going to ask in the X Factor thread about them, but couldn't summon the energy. I'm amazed they have waited this long as well, if they are planning on giving them a live show slot. They did seem to have the best chance of chart success of any act for a few years.

I suppose we do KNOW they were ready to go back then, and it wasn't all an elaborate fake back story? If not, I fear by now they have been Cowelled to the point of no return.

3. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Judging you in Google Translate

They released an EP in February with some of their tracks but it did absolutely nothing. The fact the viewing figures are in the toilet didn't help. I think X Factor has gone the way of The Voice. No one gives a shit about any of the winners of that.

Looking at Spotify numbers, most of their tracks bar Dimelo have around 1m plays. Even that massive flop single Louisa Johnson had has over 7m.

4. lolly

It's odd (in a way) because they did do well on iTunes, didn't they? Presumably that's an older demographic. And increasingly means less.

But clearly, if money being made was a realistic possibility, someone would be trying a lot harder. You can only think they aren't worth the effort.

5. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I was wondering this the other day. I assumed they were being held back for an X Factor album launch, so I was surprised to see they've released about 3 singles since Dimelo, none of which charted. That's really bad.

6. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

What a waste.

Myles :horny:

7. Slave

Slave User

Let’s be honest, SyCo pulled a blinder with Leona’s launch. And they’ve done decently with a few other acts, but they don’t seem to be capable of actually strategising how to competitively launch an act.

The best thing for acts like Rak-Su would be to get publicity through the show, not win and then look for another label.

8. lolly

Is it only the winner who is obliged to sign with SyCo?

9. Halli

Yep, and Stacey Solomon, who has been with them for the last 17 years, all her Loose Women earnings go straight to Simon Cowell :(

10. Slave

Slave User

I suppose even now, as a runner up you’d have to be VERY confident to decline a record deal.

But more now than ever I just don’t see what SyCo offer to an act. Rak-Su are a prime example - what have they actually achieved that they couldn’t have off their own back?

11. lolly

Currently #13 on iTunes

12. Rita

Rita User

Any song that samples “Freak Like Me” is OK with me.

Currently higher than Olly Murs ft Snoop Dogg. :zombie:

13. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara Allt sem ég sá...

:D I’m very amused by the notion of ALL!

I bet Simon sends his PA down to the Loose Women studio to kick her to the floor and SNATCH THE CHEQUE

14. Halli

Yes - that PA is SINITTA

But all is not lost. STACEY does have enough UNIVERSAL CREDIT BENEFITS to maintain her 2 up 2 down in Dagenham. Joe Swash comes round on a sunday to help with the ROAST.

15. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

Video's good but still can't get onboard with the song. And I understand Myles is attractive but his and the other rappers' singing voices are barely a notch above Roxxxy Andrews :bruised:

16. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

They're still making the rappers sing :zombie: but this is a lot better

17. lolly

That's shit

18. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

19. wurst

wurst User

I find it quite funny that Miles has more followers on IG than the band's own account :side-eye:

Let's be honest, Miles being a hot piece is the only reason anybody gives a shit about this lot. I genuinely think he's the thing that's keeping them signed (but for HOW MUCH longer lets be real)

20. lolly

It sounds (and looks) like a 1990s TV ad for Peacocks.

21. Rita

Rita User

It’s certainly no Mona Lisa.

22. Rita

Rita User

These boys should never have gone on X Factor. Career defining, and sabotage all rolled in to one.

23. lolly

dUb is right - why on earth are they making the rappers sing? They are awful, and the other two are good enough that they certainly don't NEED to. It's making them way too boybandy - which I know ultimately they ARE, but it's not the way they should be presented or marketed.

Myles can just get his tits out and jiggle them around a bit and we'll all be more than happy.

24. Rita

Rita User

Are they still with Syco?

25. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

The dancing is really cheesy, like we know you’ve watched your mums Jane Fonda video but I’m not sure we need you to recreate it unless you’re going to wear lycra Myles

26. Slave

Slave User

I presume it’s supoosed to be a pastiche.

The only problem is that it doesn’t obviously come across as one, which just makes it look naff.

27. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

Typically, it's my song of the year so far

28. Halli

I am still here for Miles

Lucky GABY