Real crime documentries

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by Ag, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Ag

Ag Just tax the stupid people. And let them die

Ever since Making a Murderer Netflix have been pushing these type of shows and I have become quite obsessed.

Evil Genius about the pizza bomber, featuring an astonishing female lead and general loon Marjorie

[​IMG]

Then there's Wild Wild Country, the documentary about Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, the 1980s free love cult featuring an astonishing lead in the form of almost QOL, the foul mouthed Indian spokesperson Sheela:

[​IMG]

Currently on Keepers about a dead nun, which is about as grotty as you'd imagine.

jivafox likes this.
  2. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

It's the sort of genre I never actively seek out, but will often stumble upon when surfing, up on the channels you never visit at any other time. And invariably I'll get hooked.

3. jivafox

jivafox Stay sexy don’t get murdered

“Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father” is a great one if you ever feel content with your lot. Utterly devastating.

And “The Staircase” which has finally arrived on Netflix was the one to kick it all off.

[​IMG]

4. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

I enjoyed Wild Wild Country very much. Secretary Sheela was quite something.

I do somewhat fear for anyone now ending up at her dementia treatment facility, even if she does seem to have mellowed.

The HBO Robert Durst one a couple of years back was excellent, but sometimes I'm put off the Netflix efforts a bit by many episodes they do - ten hours or so feels like a lot for a fairly narrow documentary.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Brown Cow...STUNNING

Wild Wild Country was entertaining but it wasn’t a good documentary. They were too biased towards Sheila and they ignored so many things.

I’m kinda burned out on them at the moment.

The Keepers is probably the best and most poignant one. It goes places :( also the Jinks was a very weird phenomenon.