Reunion?

Discussion in 'Girls Aloud' started by jivafox, Apr 27, 2018.

1. jivafox

jivafox chalamet & chill

2. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Omg Nadine didn’t cancel because only two and a half people bought tickets to her tour, she did it because she’s getting back with the gerrruls

ameraal likes this.
  3. jivafox

jivafox chalamet & chill

Having now read the article I reckon she paid Dan Wooton to put this out so we would think this. :(

4. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Their 20th anniversary?! :D Nice to know they’re going to be in rehearsals for FOUR YEARS

Zu-Klara likes this.
  5. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara ALLES QUATSCH!

OMG Cheryl has been pictured OUT ON THE TOWN with Kimberley and Nicola which is definite proof of a RUNION because she NEVER sees or fingers either of them apart from ALL THE TIME!

ZZ, Ag, Jark and 1 other person like this.
  6. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara ALLES QUATSCH!

I must say that I don’t want this (not that I think it’s true) and I openly wept at work when they split up last time. I mean who would produce their amazing new songs except OMFG maybe that’s why Nadine never released CALL THE SHOTS MARK II! They’re SAVING IT FOR THE RUNION! :shock::shock::shock:

FetchFugly likes this.
  7. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara ALLES QUATSCH!

(Unless that was much-loved EP smash ‘Something In Your Bones’ which WAS incredible)

8. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

If it was MKS that would be considered ‘soon’, so maybe it’s right!

jivafox likes this.
  9. jivafox

jivafox chalamet & chill

MKS have moved the goalposts

ZZ likes this.
  10. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Only metaphorically, they haven’t managed to DO anything!

ZZ and jivafox like this.
  11. Slave

Slave User

Cherly wants to release the music she’s been working on for TWO YEARS first. And why wouldn’t you delay a Girls Aloud reunion to release one notable single, one flop single and an album that vanishes from the chart within a month, as per her normal schedule.

ZZ likes this.
  12. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

I call BULLSHIT DARLIN’

Diddy likes this.
  13. Slave

Slave User

I was pondering just the other day whether Girls Aloud would have some sort of nostalgic REVIVAL à la Steps in the next few years.

I’m not sure they’ve been gone for long enough for a start. And they were fairly well respected when they were around anyway.

14. Jark

Jark no gem too sultry

They really fucked up by calling it a day just as they reached a new commercial peak.

And then reforming too soon to tap into any real nostalgia.

And now they've had one comeback, another would probably have to wait at least 5 years until they occupy a similar ish space to All Saints.

15. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

The difference being the All Saints girls like each other (despite former differences). No chance of that while The Coven Kind are in power!

16. Nowoco

Nowoco User

17. Nowoco

Nowoco User

All of this.

Christ it makes it all the more tragic when I see it laid out like that :cry:

I'm not sure what Nadine was thinking with this tour to be honest. She was the least interesting character in the group and didn't really do any extracurricular projects to get attention outside the group. There is no #TeamNadine fanbase out there. Her new material wasnt strong enough to get people's attention so the only people who would be buying tickets would be die hard Girls Aloud fans.

I agree with what everyone has said pretty much. A reunion now would be awesome and I would be buying multiple tickets however it hasn't been long enough to really knock it out of the park. I think it's best to wait until the 20 year anniversary tour UNLESS they make a full album and Xenomania are actually Xenomania. It has to be Out of Control mk2 or nothing. If they can do that then reform as soon as it's done.

18. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

I don't think it's too late. If anything, reforming now might be the only chance left to score any actual hits*, although even that has probably passed by now. A new tour would surely sell the same in 2018 or 2028. And would they really have that nostalgic quality? Steps were a unique phenomenon for 5 years that existed in their own bubble and sold shedloads more than Girls Aloud. Those top 10s might look lovely on paper but I remember the drama year in year out of wondering when the flop would arrive, always feeling like it could teeter either way as each album just about did enough to get them another, always JUST scoring enough proper hits among the lesser ones. Until 2008 obviously when they fucking stopped!

I just suspect they have a much smaller core fanbase than Steps and a lot of their album sales came from random buyers during each campaign so they'd be better off aborting nostalgia and pretending like they never left, with Xenomania. Apart from in 2022 when they at least have a 20 year tagline - but what's the point in that really? It's not like they'll have been active for half those 20 years!

*#38 smash incoming :(