Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by Phoenix, Jul 31, 2020.
Tynomi was going to do Grace Jones in Snatch Game, Kyne Shirley Bassey.
I like Anaquway best.
That's actually quite sweet from Kyne - I know when I critique queens I rarely think about how expensive it must be. However, taste level and charisma always plays the bigger part I'd argue, but point taken.
I was desperate for someone to do this!
That lip sync is already one of the classics for me. I was hoping for a double save, but either: a) they know Kiara has nothing left in her and wasn't worth saving, or b) the judges were waiting for a go-ahead from production that never came.
Though I'm glad Priyanka stayed. She seems THE most adorable person, in or out of drag.
As for the Snatch Game, it seemed like a clear top four (Lemon, Rita, Jimbo, Bobo) and bottom four (Priyanka, Boa, Ilona and Kiara). But I'd have put Priyanka at the top of those four. Yeah, she clearly froze towards the end, but she still delivered funnier lines throughout than the other three.
I haven't been posting but I've been keeping up with Canada's Drag Race - This was definitely a fun episode, Snatch Game was pretty normal though, some bombs, some good ones, so that's good. The Reading challenge on the other had, oh brother!
Anyway my rankings to date:
1) Lemon - Charming and funny without being a prick, loved her Ep2 swishy dress. Celine was bloody awful though, was that dress made of running-wear material? Hugging in all the wrong places
2) Priyanka - Even when she's a disaster she's still entertaining. Totally didn't deserve the bottom 2 this week over BOA, poor Kiara got thrown under the narrative bus because they didn't want to lose BOA I guess.
3) Rita Baga - Compared to the other 'names' in the contest (Tynomi & Anastasia) who utterly failed to live up to their reps, Rita is doing great consistently. Fierce without being a cunt, and funny. Her Celine look was the only one I recognised instantly, Jeffrey needs to read a book
4) Jimbo - I've felt a bit over the cult fawning over him. He's unique and has served moments for sure, but I find him a bit cold, and last week his non-participation in the team ended the honeymoon for me (and the runway was shite). Deserved the win this week though for sure.
5) Scarlett - Entertaining, and performing decently, I don't feel like there's much scope for a WOW moment yet, and apart from the voice, (fucking) Liza wasn't up to much.
6) Ilona - You lot really went in last week, huh? She's young and moody, I get that - but I sort of like her. I didn't think her anger was any less valid than Tynomi's endless griping. Can't see her clinging on much longer but it's very very 'arsh on here.
7) BOA - Messy! The raggedy runways were sold by her personality/stomping, but since she was told not to rely on her personality, she doesn't seem to be delivering on any front. Really should've been bottom 2 this week, that runway was garbage!
Oh and the judges ... I like Brooke Lynn on this, but she's weirdly in the back seat on this, it seems like the Jeffrey Show.
As for Jeffrey, oof... he's fit but doesn't he just know it? His head bitch werkroom patter this week was horrid, talk about leading the witness. The infamous moment last week has been jumped on here, but he totally had a point, and I suspect if it had been aimed at Ilona it would've been YASSSed. I'm liking him less and less.
Stacey is rather strange, I'm not quite seeing what you're all seeing I guess. She's like a Maya Rudolph parody of herself *enunciates/gurns*
I did properly LOL at "Priyanka is always talking about sex, but the only she's fucking is stupid."
as with the Brooke Lynn read about a Canadian finally winning Drag Race
I rewatched this last night, and I genuinely enjoyed the grotesque Cock Destroyer Snatch Game
It was MESSY, but the RIGHT KIND OF