RPDR UK S1 E6 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by Kalabaliken, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

Starting a thread on this because I NEED to talk about the preview for the next episode.

I've heard from a friend in Manchester who has some T about some of the queens outside of the show. These are NOT spoilers about the show or results, as I am avoiding them, but I'll hide them as spoilers anyway just in case.

So, Divina and The Vivienne know each other VERY well. This is mentioned by The Vivienne in the trailer for episode 6 in that Divina has been in the same red dress and shoes for the last 10 years. My friend said that both Divina and The Vivienne have worked LOADS in the bars on Canal Street and both are very known. Divina is very well liked and he said what we see on screen is her in real life, genuine, professional, friendly and goes out of her way to help other younger and more inexperienced queens. The Vivienne - well, he said she's 'notorious' and 'is a cunt in real life as much as she is on screen' and apparently Divina has no time for her at all. I haven't watched episodes back but he says that this is the reason they haven't interacted much on screen so far.

Interesting...I can't wait to see how this all pans out next episode!

2. straightorbroken

straightorbroken from the sound of sirens

Move over Dan Wootton - Kala's here and he's just boiled the kettle (with no water in it) :D

dUb, RaspberrySwirl, SDF and 2 others like this.
  3. Beryl

Beryl Boy stop, step awaaaaay.

I know many queens who have had beef with Viv.

Having seen Divina out and about in Manchester she just seems a very pleasant, joyous person.

4. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Viv is obviously a RIGHT OLD CUNT. It's written ALL OVER her face.

Divina just seems an old school queen to me. Which is why I'm (currently) all behind her winning.

5. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

Viv has CUNTFACE indeed. Whereas DDC, the more I see from her the more I want her to win the whole thing.

6. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I had no knowledge of Divina prior to the show and actually found her really irritating in Meet The Queens, but she's absolutely won me over increasingly each week.

7. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Cunt or not, I really struggle to see past The Vivienne winning this season. Even taking into account her stumble this week, she’s just been too far out in front. Baga matches her for performance, but the looks are just too busted, and Divina seems lovely and has great runway, but she’s had as many off weeks as on, so far.

8. lolly

Are we having a 'live' final?

9. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Kala is literally our very own 2AM Girl with this ice cold tea (which means gossip for those who have never seen the show)

10. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Just studio based, there’s been two endings filmed.

You can work out WHO never got a crowning :D

11. lolly

And just like a 2AM girl, Kala could have got the exact same thing from Reddit, rather than hearing from a friend.

monsta likes this.
  12. lolly

Sorry Kala, that's a read of them, not you

13. Alla

Alla 124/ 11124/ 11124/ 123456

Divina was in The Voice.

14. COB

COB Can't go incognito

I reckon they're positioning The Vivienne as a bit of a British Raven - she'll get second place despite a mostly flawless run, then an invitation to the next All-Stars season (they're bound to start filming another one any minute now...).

15. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

I have Divina on facebook because I used to work for her husband. She hasn't posted anything calling The Vivienne a cunt YET, but I'll keep a beady eye out to confirm your conspiracy Kala.

SDF and monsta like this.
  16. Kalabaliken

Hah! My friend probably DID post this on Reddit, he's always going on about some group, or whatever you call it on there called Drag Race Spoilers or something where all the queens are like Jessica Fletcher desperate to find out the T. He did let slip who wins this week's challenge which I am FUMING about, but I managed to stop him revealing any more.

I'm not convinced of a The Vivienne win - all the cunty ones tend to miss out on the crowning, the closest to that we have had is Bianca, who did it mostly for comedy, and Alaska who had detached herself from Rolaskatox mostly by then.

17. Alla

Alla 124/ 11124/ 11124/ 123456

Season 2 winner was a cunt.

monsta likes this.
  18. lolly

Violet was pretty cunty as well, I'd say. I don't think The Vivienne's cuntiness so far excludes her - but I do expect that they will try to soften her if that's where we're heading. The last episode may have started that, but the teaser of the sixth makes it look like things are going the other way.

Plus I think Baga and Divina are shaping up to be worthy contenders in their own right.

19. Sheena

Bianca wasn’t REMOTELY cunty. If anyone thought Bianca was cunty, they have ENTIRELY missed the point. Indeed, she was entirely the opposite!

20. lolly

Was Alaska cunty either, breakdown aside? And that seemed to ge levelled at herself rather than outwardly.

21. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Right now I'm totally behind a Divina win. But Viv is undoubtedly the one to beat.

22. Kalabaliken

Yeah I think The Viv will win but that’s fine as it means Divina will be be eligible for All Stars. I hope they let the UK queens into the US one in future seasons.

Though Baga is clearly the one who will have the most success I think post Drag Race, winner or not.

23. Ag

Ag User

It's on huns

24. Sheena

I’m not sure if it’s just the wig, but the fucking state of Katya...

25. Sheena

I also reckon this is edging towards a double save. No one’s ad looks THAT bad, Divina is being built up for a fall, and I can’t think they’d let her go...

26. straightorbroken

I see Ru blacked up this week to show some sisterly solidarity with Sophie Amogbokpa against Cherly. I'd never seen her wear make that dark, at least when she was on stage.

27. Sheena

I was entirely wrong then :D

28. Sheena

So some points from tonight for me:

Cheryl was the first lip sync of the season I thought properly landed. There’s really potential there and it showed at last.

The Vivienne’s runway look was one of my favourite ever runway looks.

I really LOLled at Baga’s advert and thought it was a bit harsh. I don’t believe for a second she didn’t know the lip sync song either.

The right person went, but a shame it was on what was actually an ok week for Blu. But she screams “all star” and I did like her as a talking head.

29. Kalabaliken

RIGHT OK.

Baga's advert was my favourite, I absolutely killed myself laughing at it. That burp at the END! Michelle HATED it though. In fact she had a face on her the whole episode. I did love Baga's 'very very 'arsh' - a node to that classic X Factor audition:

[​IMG]

Baga's runway outfit was quintessential Baga - we know by now she's rough aroun the edges (and right the way through too) - but she's the one who's going to book and sell out shows. Out of all the queens, she's going to have the biggest career I think.

The Vivienne's outfit was clearly the best on the runway, and her advert was alright but I didn't really find it funny. I think she's a polished queen, but I never seem to laugh at anything she does. Maybe I am missing something. She is BY FAR the best look queen and she is polished, but I dunno - I'm just not feeling her as much as I should.

I liked Divina's advert, and I think her outfit was good - a decent if not outstanding week for her. I still would like her to win but I think she's going to be runner-up.

Now the bottom 2 - Both adverts were ok. Blu had a better runway outfit. But Cheryl had a MASSIVE advantage with the lipsync - she's singing the song of her IDOL. And it's a song she regularly performs live, so of course she is going to be better at it. And Cheryl did a death drop. Twice. She HAS to be out next surely?

Blu did well for someone so young and from a place like Belfast where there's not so much of a drag race scene. I think she'll blossom into a really good Drag Queen, she has the talent, it just needs to be watered a little.

SO - I now think The Vivienne is probably going to win. And that's fine. I'd rather see Baga and Divina on All Stars anyway.

30. straightorbroken

I'll be rewatching those edited Cherly and Michelle exchanges later, and choosing which of my hate figures won the climax meme. Michelle does seem rather on edge trying to prove her fluency in grubby UK references.

Surely with all these Kim features, someone will have put a word in Ru's earpiece about getting her on, at least for a walk on a la Kudrow if not a full on bitch blitz on the panel.

31. Ag

Ag User

The hat hug was my fave bit.

Dark Carnival, Iguana, monsta and 2 others like this.
  32. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I seem not to get this hysterically funny British humor, because I thought Baga’s was crap and her outfit shocking. She’s yet again ranked higher than she should’ve been.

Thankfully we got rid of the insufferable Blu, though I also thought that we were going to get a double safe.

Dark Carnival likes this.
  33. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I don’t find Vivienne that cunty at all, I do hope she wins and I hope we get to see her in an All Stars season anyway.

34. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Easily the best lip sync of the season but what a kick in the balls for poor Blu to be put up against Cheryl with THAT song! :D She might as well not even have bothered.

Shame, I really liked her but she did herself proud and I agree it'll be a good springboard for her.

I didn't get Divina's ad at all - I thought it was only a small step above Thorgy Thor's similarly over-thought, under-funny disaster from her season. The whole episode seemed to be setting her up for a fall, so I was surprised she ended up coasting through.

Loved Baga, but the attitude around not even bothering with the lip sync left a bit of a sour taste.

dUb likes this.
  35. Alex

Alex Go fish

Quite what about Moopy has appealed to you all these years then?!

Pingu and monsta like this.
  36. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

You have been funnier than Baga.

Dark Carnival likes this.
  37. Alex

Alex Go fish

Was worried for Divina with the editing but although advert wasn't funniest still really good concept.
    Baga fucking hilarious as per and Viv’s i loved despite vile personality.
    Right bottom two and right one left though Blu has grown on me week after week.
    Why use that remix though I wanted te original !

38. Kalabaliken

I think Baga's humour is just so distinctly British that a lot of non-Brits just don't GET it. I looked at the (spoiler-free) RPDR UK subreddit and she's not that popular with the American fans. I can see why - her outfits aren't that great, and her humour is pretty crass but I think the whole messiness works for her, from my perspective. For a lot of fans who are more used to the messy queens doing badly it doesn't sit right. But to me, Baga is the funniest queen in the competition by some distance.

39. Alex

Alex Go fish

Well I can't see anyone else agreeing with that one!
    I'll take it though! :D

40. Chlammy

Chlammy Climb on through my window.

:manson:

Talented, pleasant and being a good sport equates to insufferable now?

Anyway, the adverts were good. Baga was the funniest but had the weakest outfit I think. Blu was the weakest but had one of the best outfits and amazing makeup.

I like Divina a lot but she started to grate here and I wasn't overly impressed by her ad. Vivienne's advert seemed like it was going to be a lot stronger than it was too.

It was the best lip sync yet by a mile though. I thought there was a chance of a double save or even a Blu win until the awkward hug in the middle.

Michelle likes to lay this anglophile thing on thick, doesn't she?

Cheryl is coming off as completely lovely after they seemed to be setting her up as the Laganja at the beginning of the series.