RPDR UK S1 E7 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by lolly, Nov 14, 2019.

1. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

It's out there

2. lolly

It's the makeover challenge. What odds would you get on anyone other than Cheryl leaving, I wonder?

3. Lucille

Lucille Tin Queen

Cheryls sis looks like more of a drag queen than her so WHO KNOWS.

4. Ag

Ag User

I've had a funny suspicion all week that Cheryl might hit top 3. Probably over Baga.

5. Tischlampe

Tischlampe 'alooooo

They're really pushing this narrative that Cheryl and his sister look so much like each other but I can't see it. Divina and his sister have much more of a resemblance to my eyes.

6. Ag

Ag User

Michaela Cole is such joy.

7. Ag

Ag User

Delightful episode.

8. Lucille

Lucille Tin Queen

SPOILER as I started a bit before 8pm

Baga was LUCKY with that song choice, had it been an uptemp number it would've been toast, luckily she got a song where her looking tired, brow-beaten and defeated added to the lip sync.

dUb likes this.
  9. Lucille

Lucille Tin Queen

Still the RIGHT top 3, but it's obvs Divina vs Vivienne for the crown.

10. Tischlampe

Tischlampe 'alooooo

Love Ru pretending to know Dancing on Ice :disco:

11. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

That was such a lovely episode! The right winner and the right bottom 2 and the right person went home, I think.

Divina and her sister were just great, and I loved their energy. The Vivienne looked amazing but I think she could have done more with her mother, but still was better than the other two. Cheryl and her sister looked fine but were a bit basic and was the same ol' same ol'- and then there is Baga. That was just a disaster for her. She did have the hardest job with her mum being so shy and she did try but it just didn't really work. The comments thing was a bit uncomfortable but then I think she probably was nervous and I think their relationship seemed a bit strained anyway.

As for the lipsync - to me that was the best of the season. I loved the part when they both skipped down the runway together. Cheryl was good, though I thought Baga was just fantastic - she really delivered and it shows that she's a performer.

I think it's definitely The Vivienne v Divina for the crown - I think probably The Vivienne has the edge, but it's close. Baga is clearly 3rd though I think definitely deserves that, I am sure she doesn't even think she has a chance to win. I can't believe this series is almost over already - it has flown by and I have had such a ball watching it - it has really reinvigorated my interest in the franchise again!

12. Chlammy

Chlammy Climb on through my window.

Baga talking about her mum on the runway was awkward awkward awkward.

Good top three though. :D at that lip sync choice. I wonder if they wanted a Baga to win.

Cheryl came out of this all so well. What a lovely cast in general.

13. Chlammy

Chlammy Climb on through my window.

In terms of the challenge, I thought Divina and Cheryl were the most fun on the runway but Vivienne had far and away the best look. Whereas last week I didn't understand the win and thought Divina or Baga should've won.

14. Ag

Ag User

Divina inevitably seems to be getting the Twitter support.

15. Lucille

Lucille Tin Queen

Agree about the lovely cast, even Cheryl and Blu who I found irritating too begin with I warmed to by the time they wen out.

Looking forward to the cast reunion next week.

16. Lucille

Lucille Tin Queen

She might edge it as it seems to be a singing and choreo challenge next week.

I know Vivs a bit of a cunt, but I think she's just ahead of Divina, obviously I can see why Divina is the choice of a certain subsection of TUMMY SWORDS gays though.

RaspberrySwirl and Beverley like this.
  17. Kalabaliken

There is clearly something off with Baga and her mother's relationship - The Vivienne picked up on it, the judges did...

Fans online are is going mental that Baga got a free pass to the final with an Amy Winehouse song, forgetting that last week a Cheryl Cole impersonator got a Cheryl Cole song to sing.

Also Michaela Coel was brilliant! That walk down the runway for a start! Probably one of the best guest judges they have had this season.

18. Alex

Alex Go fish

Divina and sister were fabulous. She must win
    Baga just cringe talking about mum. Eek

19. Alex

Alex Go fish

Oh and never heard of Michaela Coel before, she was great as a judge !

20. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I actually didn’t understand the praise for The Vivienne.

I felt sorry for Cheryl. The most complicated (and interesting, other than Divina) runway wasn’t rewarded at all really, I totally disagree there was no family resemblance and I don’t understand how that was any less basic than what Viv put her Mum in. Still, I thought Cheryl was quite nice overall and that episode made her come across very well.

Having said all of this, it’s the right top three. I’ve been going off Baga but that episode really topped it out. That was vile about her poor Mum. Even when she was talking head about it after. Rotten.

ameraal and monsta like this.
  21. Sheena

The lip sync was made for Baga, though.

22. Sheena

Also interesting that this is the first series in a LONG time without a double save/ elimination/ someone coming back, no?

I guess the BBC didn’t want anything ODD happening. Also, presumably, no real reunion show- just the girls coming back for the final episode.

23. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

I really don’t think I can go back to the US one after this. It’s been an utter joy.

I didn’t want anyone to go tonight :(

Divina’s sister is an ICON.

Alex likes this.
  24. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Although the inner Tory truly jumped out with Baga needlessly tearing her poor mother to shreds.

Dark Carnival and dUb like this.
  25. Sheena

I think actually it will make me enjoy the US one more- it’s been a breath of fresh air and the US one will feel different again.

RaspberrySwirl likes this.
  26. lolly

27. Ag

Ag User

Cousin/ sister?

28. lolly

Great episode, after I felt it dipped a little last week. Cheryl surely is a future All Star, and as much as she rarely excelled, by sheer force of personality she deserves it. There's something about her which just embodies why I love this show much.

29. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Cheryl was fucking robbed this week.

ameraal likes this.
  30. lolly

And yes, Baga isn't going to be able to come back from that now, is she?

I'm not pissed at Baga getting through on the back of Winehouse though - just as Cheryl managed the week before. It felt the perfect time for Cheryl to go and she had a great final episode.

Plus I'm forever grateful Jinkx had Malambo No 1 to lip sync to against Detox for a place in the final, as she would have been unlikely to defeat her at much else. So I can't begrudge Baga.

Ag likes this.
  31. cwej

cwej User

I grew to like Cheryl, but she really is a poor drag queen's Alyssa Edwards and I'd have been annoyed if she made a final when Alyssa never did.

To me The Vivienne is the most rightful winner, but I really don't want her to. Divina is just lovely. They were far and away the top 2 this week.

That Baga relationship stuff was interesting. When her mum went for a kiss and she backed off I felt really sorry for ol' Sack o' Spuds.. There's definitely more to it. Her mum seemed so anxious that she did remind me of someone that had come off of alcohol addiction or something similar. NOT THAT I'M ONE TO GOSSIP.

I feel like the Top 3 were so obvious from about week 2. I wish in a way they hadn't been quite so much stronger than everyone else, as I felt tonight's episode was a bit of a foregone conclusion.

RaspberrySwirl and Ag like this.
  32. lolly

I think the series had a very definite top 3, middle three, and bottom 4. I might have played around with the order in the groups a little (the bottom one, at least), but clearly demarcated into those groups. And that was very obvious from the second week, as you said.

David_5000 and RaspberrySwirl like this.
  33. Kalabaliken

I think they were just testing the waters with this first series. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

I agree that the US one is going to feel strange going back to, and I’m only going to compare them. Though it would be nice for a longer break, I think it starts in about 3 weeks time?

34. straightorbroken

straightorbroken from the sound of sirens

Jacquie O'Sullivan was the best surprise famous mum since Alaska wheeled out Lauren Harries.

And Michelle, you're not fooling anyone that you came up with those puns yourself.

35. Sheena

It’s obviously scripted but I think it’s always obvious when something isn’t by Ru’s reaction and I felt Bag-o-tage was one of them.

If, sorry, WHEN I am a guest judge, I’ll be prepared with hundreds of them based on the theme and the names of the queens. I’m amazed more don’t bother.

36. Sheena

Though I think Graham does well too, I also must say Alan has been the standout for me this year on the panel.

37. straightorbroken

straightorbroken from the sound of sirens

It made me think she's hiring someone on the side. She tried to keep it going and fell on her nose with it.

38. lolly

39. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Poor Cheryl, ironically I thought this was her best performance. They had the family resemblence and a choreogrphy, what more did they want from her?

This is the main reason why I dislike the make over challange. It’s never quite clear what’s asked from them; some are required to look like identical twins, some seem to just be judged on the choreography/interaction between the two.

40. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

It is the right top 3, but Baga has gotten away with so much already, I’d be really upset if she wins.

#teamvivienne all the way! What a queen! :disco:

monsta likes this.