RPDR UK S1 Final (spoilers)

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by Ag, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Ag

Ag User

Almost there. So ready for this.

2. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I've got to go out so won't be able to watch until about 9.30pm. I'm going to have to stay off all social media.

3. Ag

Ag User

It's on now

4. lolly

Or perhaps j can watch on my phone on the bus...

5. Ag

Ag User

So Viv was a K-head. Messy.

6. Ag

Ag User

Also the Baga story kinda explained. I'm not hating her.

7. Ag

Ag User

The Viv so has this.

8. Ag

Ag User

Lesbian! :D

9. Ag

Ag User

Is no one else watching. They've crowned!

10. Alex

Alex Go fish

Well just as I (and everyone else) predicted in week one.
    Shame it went to a cunt but well can't deny she is talented

11. Alex

Alex Go fish

Oh and after the joy of the frock destroyers that perf was a bit underwhelming

12. Beryl

Beryl Boy stop, step awaaaaay.

Viv was deterred on the night.
    The other two were just as good and it really has been the strongest top 3 in years of Drag Race

13. Ag

Ag User

It's been the best series full stop since All Stars 2.

ButterTart likes this.
  14. lolly

Hoping hard that Mary Mac signs up for S2

dUb and monsta like this.
  15. Chlammy

Chlammy Climb on through my window.

The Vivienne really pulled it out there. She had it won from the podcast but I did think her verse was the best.

What a season.

16. Ag

Ag User

Her verse was the best and she just clinched the lip sync.

17. Pingu

Pingu Never thought I'd work again

It was a strange episode as it seemed totally geared towards a Viv win from almost the start, which is completely at odds with the last few weeks.

I can’t say it wasn’t deserved of course as she’s been fantastic throughout, but it was a change in direction I couldn’t quite get my head around.

ameraal likes this.
  18. Alla

Alla 124/ 11124/ 11124/ 123456

Oh well! I wanted a Divina win but The Vivienne is a deserved winner.

19. Alla

Alla 124/ 11124/ 11124/ 123456

And can I just say this is the best top 3 of any Drag Race series? The top 3 was obvious from week 2 but they were way ahead from the rest, 3 really fantastic queens.

20. cwej

cwej User

I am really disappointed. I just loved Divina and I do think that Divina best Vivienne in the lip sync. I’m hoping the fact she didn’t win means we get Divina in a future all-stars at least.

21. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

22. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

This was a very long episode.

When will AS5 start?

23. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

That was obvious. The whole episode was set up for a Viv win, as Pingu said. The little speech at the end did Divina no favours whatsoever. She came across a bit too full of herself in that speech. And that look she gave during Viv's speech which was likely editedin didn't look great. It's strange because I would have switched them the other way round throughout the series - The Vivienne was the confident, bolshy one and Divina was more humble. I'm not disappointed in a Viv win, but I am never going to be her biggest fan. She deserved it though. She was the best in the challenge, which was fine overall but it was no Frock Destroyers.

Baga managed to redeem herself after last week, I knew that there was something underlying there - she still shouldn't have said it but I understand where she was coming from now. She made me laugh YET AGAIN with the 'singing in five languages' comment and the part during her dance rehearsal when she made the comment to Viv. She's busted as fuck but to me she's my queen of the season, and I know that's not a very popular choice.

I'd be surprised if The Vivienne is the only one who gets a web series out of this all. Overall, a nice ending to a fabulous series! Well done girls!

24. straightorbroken

straightorbroken from the sound of sirens

Well the best vile cunt won. Well done Christopher Maloney, sorry, "Vivienne".

To be honest, I didn't pick up on there being more to the Bagamama drama, well, other than Ru saying there must be more to the Bagamama drama. If I were Baga I wouldn't have been happy with that version of a mother coming on and affecting my chances. Although arguably making her look like a swamp thing Jacqueline O'Sullivan and pointing out her FUP was good enough revenge.

I was just willing it to end though. I thought Baga had the strongest verse and liked the song overall, but that's the worst Viv has looked and each should have had a separate colour of tinsel decoration.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Dark Carnival likes this.
  25. straightorbroken

straightorbroken from the sound of sirens

Agreed. There's just something different with it being UK queens isn't there?

26. Dark Carnival

I also LOL’ed when the Viv takled about being humble and relatable :D

David_5000 and Alex like this.
  27. Ag

Ag User

I found her drug problems more relatable than Divina's "I have too much talent".

dUb likes this.
  28. Ag

Ag User

29. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Really pleased with that result - clear, deserving winner from the get-go. The pro Divina thing has got out of control if you ask me, nice enough person and decent queen but a winner she ain’t. Can’t abide the fake gaping mouth laugh of hers and that underwhelming Union Jack dress needed a good ironing.

It’s been an enjoyable series with a strong cast of characters but I absolutely cannot get on board with the “best in ages/ever” chat. The lip syncs were completely unremarkable, the confessionals irritating across the board and the general standard of drag distinctly lower than what we’ve seen from the US. (And if we’re using the fact that they’re funny to make up for that... they’re not that funny.)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    ameraal likes this.
  30. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Divina’s Twitter bio says it all about how fond of herself and her mild level of success she is. “First drag queen on The Voice UK” (nobody turned) “Only UK queen on MTV The A-Z of Drag” (who gives a FUCK)

31. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Quite enjoying her song though :side-eye:

32. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Fantastic results and a nice finale episode. The Vivienne has been the clear winner from the start and Davina one of the strongest runner ups in a very long time.

The lip sync was very underwhelming again though.

33. Dark Carnival

I didn’t want to be the voice of mainland Europe raining on moopy’s parade but yeah very that.

ameraal, Phoenix and dUb like this.
  34. lolly

I agree with Ag in that I think it I do think it was the best season since AS2, but not because it was a strong cast in terms of talent. I just found them a really charming and engaging group as a whole. The shit ones (and 40% of the cast was shit) were entertainingly so, and it felt like all of them served a purpose, rather than just being filler. The series felt really tight, no doubt due to the shorter run and cast.

I agree that the lip syncs absolutely are on the other end of the scale than the US show, but I've been to enough drag shows to know that lip syncs are one of the least interesting things in drag for me. Admittedly within the format of this show it can lead to a bit of an anti climax, but I can deal with it. And hopefully future queens may up their games anyway.

35. lolly

Disagree entirely about the confessionals though. Blu was the only one who really irritated me in that respect, and I got over that.

I appreciate if Baga doesn't float your boat, the confessionals would have been a chore, though.

36. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I would say the best season since AS2 is without a doubt S9. This one has been definitely better than S11.

37. Lucille

Lucille Tin Queen

Glad Vivienne won, clearly the best, and I’m enjoying how HORRIFIED the rabid Divina twinks are online. Sometimes in life the CUNT wins. And she wasn’t even that much of a cunt.

Even though Baga came third, she’s the one I’d be most likely to want and go and see. Is anyone gagging to see Divina live?

Also well done to Blu for utterly upstaging the entire top 3. As annoying as she was she’s the only one who’s drag stands up to the best of the US queens.

38. Lucille

Lucille Tin Queen

Also being able to paint a mug like that after 3 bags of Ket? THAT’S TALENT.

Diddy, dUb and RaspberrySwirl like this.
  39. Pingu

Pingu Never thought I'd work again

Incidentally I'll call it now - Divina will get the Strictly gig next year and we'll have our first same sex pairing a la Courtney Act in Australia.

cwej and Halli like this.
  40. Beryl

Beryl Boy stop, step awaaaaay.

That’s actually hilarious. Well done Divina.

dUb likes this.