RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars 2

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by Dark Carnival, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Katya, Detox and Alyssa wonderful as usual in those videos, but Alaska is an even more obvious winner than Chad for me (and I'm fine with that). Ru loves her to bits

Ginger remains shit. Her most iconic moment is when she dressed up as a pre-existing character and sang a song? Big whoop

2. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Also :D at Alyssa thinking her most iconic moment is the perfume ad when it's obviously "BACKROLLS?!"

3. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Alyssa has got loads of moments :D

- Backrolls?!?! (obviously #1 :disco:)
    - That cheap wig you've got on your head...
    - Look how orange you fucking look!
    - So Coco Montrose decides to throw a little bit of shade...
    - I don't get cute, I get drop dead gorgeous
    - It's not PERSONAL, it's DRAG
    - I need to get up in this gig girl
    - Bring it to the runway
    - The face crack of the century...
    - Wrong queen Mama, cause I'm not the one

:disco:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  4. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

"He was the one that was backstabbing me... behind my back!"

5. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

Good GRIEF what is WRONG with you?

6. Dark Carnival

Um, NO. Raven was robbed. For the second time.

7. Dark Carnival

God I fucking hate her these days. She was so lazy on the BOTS. Came at the end, did a very serious cover of Rihanna's Stay and fucked off. What a sad bitch.

8. Dark Carnival

SO MANY MOMENTS :disco:

Wrong queen mama, coz I'm not the one!

9. straightorbroken

straightorbroken from the sound of sirens

As if Coco won't be trying her darnedest to get a rise out of Alyssa - she is the definition of non fishy glamour bitterness.

"It's the deal, it's the ish".

10. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

"GET HER JADE" Part II is definitely on the cards.

11. straightorbroken

Fucking hell Bob the attention whore is insufferable, this should have been brilliant viewing:

[video=youtube;snl0keeZDuw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snl0keeZDuw[/video]

12. Dark Carnival

I REALLY enjoyed this as well. Bob is funny, but he can be too much at times.

13. ameraal

ameraal i just wanna stay in the moonlight

bob didn't even give them a chance to speak. i think he was just trying to be accomodating but he ended up hogging most of the airtime.

14. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

That was awful. Bob really is a dreadful piece of work.

15. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I suppose the fact that Adore isn't there means she will walk :(

16. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

Agreed. Bob really killed a lot of my goodwill for him in that video.

PLZ. KNOW WHEN TO SHUT UP

17. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Looking at the episodes that have been announced, Ep7 is a normal installment, but if things progress as they are now, there will only be two queens left at the end of that ep (with Ep8 presumably being the finale).

SO looks like we're in for a return or a non-elimination in the weeks to come?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  18. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

BenDelaCreme on why she's not part of AllStars this year (not that she specifically claims she was even asked, but she's obviously somebody a lot of fans wanted to see more of)

http://www.thestranger.com/artandpe...nd-why-hes-not-on-rupauls-drag-race-all-stars

19. supermassive

supermassive User

I don't get why certain queens, don't get IT'S TELEVISION. Do they think queens like Katya, Alyssa and Alaska leave the show with their soul in tatters or something?

20. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

No but some leave with their career in tatters which is what they worry about.

21. straightorbroken

What's the new show that put her through hell?

22. ameraal

you can count them on the fingers of one hand and in the case of phi phi she really has no one to blame.

even then they can be notorious.

i get what dela is saying but if you're a good sport and you do your best, you really have nothing to lose.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  23. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

It's a joke, her current stage show is based on Dante's Inferno.

24. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

It's interesting because Dela was very positively portrayed in her series, though you could argue she got a raw deal because her style of drag didn't lend itself to a reality tv 'arc' compared to the people who got further than her.

I guess maybe she's conscious of what happened to Pandora. Or possibly annoyed at how much her 'feud' with Darienne got blown out of proportion.

25. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

She said before on a podcast, that she doesn't like the kind of effect it had on her personal life in that she presents a character and she wants it to stay separate. Also didn't like being manipulated by the producers.

26. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Let's be honest: Katya has been really very boring in AS 2.

Not quite as career killing as Phi Phi of course, but her "brand" has definitely been tarnished.

27. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

She's been the same as she was in her season, on season 7 she fucked the lip synch challenge, the snatch game was lukewarm and she got by by being funny and a good talking head.

28. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

Come on, there's been 8 seasons now. Are these queens THAT delusional?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Exactly. Hardly TARNISHING

30. straightorbroken

I didn't think she had much lift-off at all in season 7 and that this season has done alright. Really, apart from Fame upstaging Minge's emotional moment, season 7 was a total write off.

31. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

I think she has been marginally better than on her season (at least more confident, which is refreshing and provides a "story"), but you're right that the transformation isn't enormous. That said, she has also had the least time to improve as this was only filmed a year after season 7 was filmed.

I also think that the format also doesn't always lend to her talents. Like Alyssa, she is better off the cuff or doing her own thing.

I certainly don't think this has harmed the Katya brand. If she was the same standard having had the same time as any of the season five queens to improve, then perhaps. Even then, her fans are fiercely loyal.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  32. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I think Katya's exposure can't have hurt her. Has she really made any mis-steps? Sure she's never felt like a winner, but then she's kept afloat.

Actually I watched the talent show again on a whim, that has probably been her best moment, it really showed what she could do and what kind of show you could see her doing. See also Roxxxy. When they are doing the same challenge as the others, they can't quite compete, but that doesn't really detract from either if that's not what they actually want to do post-show.

33. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I'm starting to notice the limitations of Katya's schtick slightly, but I really don't think this has hurt her at all. Far from it. All she has to do is keep being likeable, which she is. The only way to do badly out of this show is to get kicked off really early and/or come off as a massive cunt (Hi Phi Phi and to a lesser extend Pandora the first time around).

I would like her to have at least one more really good week where she's not just treading water though.

34. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

One thing that's really struck me about Phi Phi - and it may have already been commented on - is that she just seems like she'd be NO FUN whatsoever. I get zero sense of the joy of drag from her. I don't even think she particularly enjoys being a drag queen. What would her live show look like? Why would I want to go to it?

35. Chlammy

Chlammy Climb on through my window.

Oh I do get the impression that she loves it. She's just way too keen to please and it comes out in the worst possible way.

The way she was entirely devoted to the showgirl pageant thing in her season and then saw how well Sharon and subsequent queens have been received and switched her entire act to cater to the masses.

I wish she'd just embrace the elements that she clearly enjoys (Disney Princesses, musical theatre and pretty dresses obv) and hone in on the people who like that, rather than trying to please literally every critic and then blowing up and lashing out when people see through it.

I just watched the closing episodes of S4. I'd forgotten about how shitty her upbringing was so I'm feeling quite sympathetic towards her this week.

36. Chlammy

Chlammy Climb on through my window.

And oh please, as if Katya has damaged her brand at all. She's had some good weeks and some MOR weeks.

37. straightorbroken

Phi Phi, all I get is Gia asking "and drag is your profession?" It makes her slightly more tolerable. The weird face-twitching as Alyssa is at the table giving it all her "you're that girl" and "that's not my gig, never will be" is really alarming, it makes her look really vulnerable.

Speaking of Pandora, her Hilary Clinton battle of the seasons was possibly more painful than I could have imagined, you could see Michelle and the others looking visibly unimpressed and bored. She was more of a defeatist than actually horrible - let's not pretend Mimi wasn't completely disgusting in her own season.

38. ameraal

the face-twitching was everything. i thought she was gonna short circuit.

sidebar: i'm watching the season 8 finale and the queens were quite good (bye naysha lopez) despite the season feeling a bit underwhelming.

fat femme and asian was everything.

39. ameraal

i recently saw an interview with renee from antm (who's in prison now) and caught myself wondering which queen will be the first to go off the deep end. as i was looking at pandora's instagram):

40. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Depends what you define as the deep end, but Sahara's dead and Phi Phi's been in jail (as has Latrice but before the show of course)

Maybe one of them will snap and kill Michelle over a particularly harsh critique