S10 E02: PharmaRusical

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by VoR, Mar 28, 2018.

1. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

First ten minutes

I strongly suspect she'll become tiresome quickly, but right now The Vixen is shaping up to be a fabulous shit stirrer.

"TOO VAGUE! What she said WAS..." :disco:

Penelope likes this.
  2. Alla

Alla 124/ 11124/ 11124/ 123456

The Vixen screams CHEAP. We'll see.

3. supermassive

supermassive User

Stealing 'NO! TOO VAGUE" for the office.

4. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Well that mini challenge certainly took a while

5. Ag

Ag User

Is Ru laughing or crying at 'Miss Vangie'?

For a first out contestant that departure has certainly stuck.

6. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Laughing I think

Such a weird way to exit!

7. ameraal

ameraal i just wanna stay in the moonlight

miss vanjieeeeee's exit was everything. it's almost like she wanted to say something but that was all that would come out. lived.

cwej, RaspberrySwirl, Suomi and 2 others like this.
  8. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Miz Cracker and Vixen are the only ones that really stand out. The rest are coming off extremely average. I dunno, maybe it's still too early to tell.

Thank FUCK Kalorie went home. What an awful contestant.

Eureka's whining is very boring.

YAAAAS to the Padma/Mariah/Glitter shoutout :disco:

9. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

Not as good as last week’s and there were too many girls on stage during the performance for me to be abel to see anything.

I thought Aquaria’s runway was cute even if I don’t care for her personality.

I’m tired of hearing Eureka scream. It’s too much.

Monique in Untucked was so sad.

10. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I enjoyed it enough and the right bottom two were there. I'd actually grown to quite like Kalorie in this episode, but she was definitely the right one to go. I still think Eureka has more to show, but yes, her whining is wearing thin.

LOVING The Vixen's work though :disco:

11. Chlammy

Chlammy Climb on through my window.

I think this is always the case with the lip sync performance episode. There are too many queens to properly judge and generally the material is bad. This was certainly better than the S7 Glamazonian Airways horror but was still poor. I just prefer the proper acting and comedy challenges because I think they can show a lot more in them.

Vixen was clearly the standout and is such a pretty boy and girl, even though she's the clear villain. I thought the bottom two were deserving, but I think Blair was lucky by virtue of being on the winning team. And dare I say it but Cracker was pretty poor too. I think she'll ace it in comedy, acting and design challenges, but this makes me worry about lipsyncs for her.

I loved most of the looks. Eureka was great in the lip sync. Kalorie was out of her league but seemed nice and a lot less offensive than I thought she'd be when I saw her name.

I still think this is the best cast since Season 6.

Alyssa was amazing.

12. Beryl

Beryl Boy stop, step awaaaaay.

I hated the Vixen from episode one but I'm now 100% here for it. I don't want her anywhere near the top but in a drag race age where they're all so self aware and afraid of the fan backlash... It's refreshing to have a hateful queen who'll get messy.

Jark and Zu-Klara like this.
  13. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

It was all a bit underwhelming, but I agree that I think that was the result of the challenge and sheer number of them, rather than the cast. If I hadn't been excited by many (well most, probably) last week, I'd probably be disappointed this week. I agree with Chlammy that as a group, I think they are the strongest for a few years. It feels like there are a good few potential All Stars there to me - although I'd still like to get another standard season or two out of the way before that happens.

14. Ag

Ag User

I enjoyed this episode, especially considering it's episode 2.

Vixen turning TOO VAGUE into a thing in the first 5 minutes was MARVELLOUS. The return of Alyssa Edwards was a WELCOME TREAT. The mid section was a touch drab. I enjoyed the musical, but it was hard to pick favourites from the line up, although Yuhua stood out. Asia and Aquaria both looked stunning on the runway.

I was gutted Eureka stayed, despite a better lip sync. I'm not enjoying anything from her AT ALL. PTSD my MUFF. You broke your fucking leg, get a grip.

And yes, as a set of queens and as a series this is clearly the best for a while. They're an intriguing yet knowable bunch and want to know MORE!

15. ameraal

ameraal i just wanna stay in the moonlight

i can't relate to eureka at all. everything about her is so extra even the moments of (i imagine) genuine emotion feel fake.

i felt really bad for hating on kalorie. she turned out to be a sweetheart and i wish she's stayed another week instead.

i'm still not sure about the cast. they seem ok but i just can't get excited about any of them. maybe it's a case of there being 9 seasons already but no one is really feeling new or fresh.

16. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Ru should have sent them BOTH home after that shitty, half-arsed lip sync. So sick of Eureka's personality and blubbing. Alyssa was however EVERYTHING. The "Weeeell..." after realising that Team Vixen had done fuck all choreo and, above all, "The legs are rickety... LIKE PINOCCHIO" :D

Generally speaking, I really can't stand most of the white queens this season. I'm not feeling remotely inspired by Miz Cracker, like AT ALL - there's a real drabness to the talking heads - and I find Aquaria intensely mannered and completely loathsome, even if that runway was rather :disco:

17. lolly

Yeah I thought it could easily have been a double sashay away. The cuts to Ru and Michelle laughing at Eureka felt forced and made it clear it wasn't to be, though.

18. Sheena

I think at the start it appeared that way, but in fairness, once she got her first laugh, Eureka brought it. Far from classic, but definitely passable enough and with enough VIM AND VIGOUR to deserve to stay...

Chlammy likes this.
  19. Suomi

Suomi User

At the start of the lipsync I thought the shot of Eureka seemingly just walking off the runway was funny as

20. Sheena

I was expecting some SPECTACULAR entrance and when she just WALKED BACK, I thought she was DOOMED :D

21. lolly

It got better certainly, but it still felt pretty flat to me.

22. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

What was with that weird smudge on Eureka's cheek? It was distracting me throughout the lip sync.

I also thought double elimination at first, but Eureka's confidence definitely grew as it went on. I think it was a really tough song to lip sync too, it's quite low energy for a disco song.

She annoys me a bit too, but it would have been a bit sad to boot her off after 2 episodes. I mean they dragged Cynthia through to Snatch Game and they didn't actually GIVE HER cancer. :D

Having been primed to resent her presence after her dire showing in episode one, I have to say Kameron the muscle queen impressed me in the challenge, although she was otherwise completely invisible and her runway look was a total boot.

Alyssa was great. Please install her permanently and let's never see or hear from Todrick Hall again. :disco:

Chlammy likes this.
  23. Sheena

I have to say, scripted or otherwise, I liked the one-liners from the guest judges (again, WHO?) this week- two of the better ones at that, at least...

RaspberrySwirl likes this.
  24. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Watching Untucked now. Eureka is unbearable here.

25. lolly

Isn't Salman Rushdie's ex-wife good enough now? Honestly.

26. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

OMG the way she literally wanders from group to group the moment the attention diverts from her for a second. She's AWFUL :D

Zu-Klara likes this.
  27. lolly

I do find it a little odd with the guest judges in general though. I mean I get that some are going to be better than others, but I get the impression that some weeks they are deliberately cut out of the edit in favour of it being the Ru and Michelle show.

28. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I couldn't hum a single one of her tunes, but Halsey is a pretty big get, is she not? I've seen a lot of her songs in the charts.

29. lolly

Yes, she's as big as totally anonymous pop stars get.

VoR likes this.
  30. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Also onto Untucked now and oh for God's sake Eureka FUCKING SHUT IT

31. lolly

And really @VoR - look at that last sentence and tell me if you imagined it would have come to this at your tender age :(

Zu-Klara likes this.
  32. Marilyn

Marilyn User

I think Eureka might be my most hated contestant ever

Her look was shit, her lip sync was shit, her performance in the musical was shit, her talking heads are shit, she’s shit

Penelope and Zu-Klara like this.
  33. Chlammy

Chlammy Climb on through my window.

I get that she's annoying and obnoxious and self obsessed and loud but I like Eureka on the show.

34. Sheena

I'm so old. LITERALLY never heard of her :D

35. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I'm THIRTY TWO Lols.

But yeah, I'm terrible at keeping track of chart music these days. I had a splurge at Christmas and picked up Tove Lo, Loreen and Charli XCX's latest, but I don't think I've bought a single new release album since then - and the only ones especially on my radar at the moment are Tracey Thorn, Kylie and Kim Wilde. SAD.

36. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I love Asia and Monet's relationship in Untucked. Shady as fuck but in a really affectionate way.

"I still think your team should have been in the bottom two SPECIFICALLY because last week she walked on stage as a SPONGE!" :D

37. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

:D I can't believe that I was actually LOOKING FORWARD to her coming back!

GET HER OUT!

38. lolly

I'd like to hate her, yet somehow can't, so I guess that's something.

Not watched Untucked yet, however...

39. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

In that case it's just a matter of time... :side-eye:

40. lolly

Don't worry, I'm willing to learn.

I refuse to believe she'll ever be as bad as CLF though.