S11 E03: Diva Worship

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by dUb, Mar 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

It's Team Britney vs Team Mariah

I hope they're nice about MC :shy:

2. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

Omg #TeamBritBrit :disco:

3. Ag

Ag User

Still only ONE REFERENCE TO QUEEN KYLIE in TEN YEARS.

4. Beryl

Beryl Boy stop, step awaaaaay.

Omg I might just finally be able to get on board this season!

5. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

SPARKLE....I just died.

SDF likes this.
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

That was a good episode. Shame they wasted such a good lipsync song but it was still a fun lipsync.

Also Ru seems to have gotten the note and is much more engaged this time.

Vanjie is amazing, she’s so effortlessly funny. Silky is just all over the place on Untucked.

7. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

I wanted to jump into the screen and yell at them every bit of Mariah TIDBIT I knew. Dumb queens.

Anyways, that was a nerve-wracking episode. Quite good.

Ru's face when Honey fell off the stage and started acting a fool on the floor :D

Too bad Honey went though. I liked her. And so cute as a boy!

SDF likes this.
  8. ameraal

ameraal true love is making a comeback

i get that the generational factor probably comes into play but no one knowing so emotional is by whitney considering it was featured on one of the most iconic moments of the show you're on is unforgivable.

Diddy and Chlammy like this.
  9. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

That was the best episode in a long time IMO.

I was dying at the losing team knowing FUCK ALL about 19 #1s Mariah. :D Some producer clearly handed them a wiki page in between rehearsals and filming too - from not knowing what a lamb is to referencing Don't Forget About Us?! (Not that it helped).

I actually loved Plastique's bizarre Ariana voice, but the whole challenge bombing around her meant it was never going to land. Surely the biggest train wreck since the Shakesqueer challenge in Season Six.

I hate to say it, but Mercedes may be the worst drag queen the show has ever put on. Very pretty and all that, but it seems like she doesn't even want to be there. It's not that she's offensively talentless or obnoxious in any way - that'd actually be somewhat engaging to watch - she just feels totally unqualified to be on the show. It's like she's there under duress or something. I'd be fascinated to see her audition tape.

Iguana and Chlammy like this.
  10. VoR

Ugh! Again with 5 minutes of celebrity worship on Untucked. Am I the only one who’s annoyed by this?

Honey's post-elimination reaction. :( I mean, GGGGG, it's only a TV show, but still. :(

ameraal likes this.
  11. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

The preview for next week looks so cringy I don’t think I can take it.

12. Penelope

Penelope AND SHAVE OUR EYEBROWS

What kind of fucking self-respecting drag queen (let alone SIX OF THEM!) DOESN'T KNOW A SINGLE THING about Mariah, let alone TEN THINGS ABOUT MARIAH?!

JESUS FUCKING HINGE

SDF and Beryl like this.
  13. Penelope

Penelope AND SHAVE OUR EYEBROWS

God LOVE PLASTIQUE, her ludicrous performance art was the only remotely redeeming feature in that shitshow (even though she APPARENTLY DOESN'T KNOW ANY CULTURE (apart from the fan theory that Mariah is paranoid of Ariana :side-eye:))

God I feel sorry for everyone who lost out to that HORDE OF DUMB CUNTS in the auditions - not knowing a thing about pop culture between any of them! Not taking the most CAST-IRON HINT that could be GIVEN by Ru to PICK LITERALLY ANYBODY ELSE!

LOVED them giving out J.Lo as a liferaft to a load of girls that just failed Mariah 101 though :D

Diddy and ameraal like this.
  14. wurst

wurst User

Having read spoilers for next week, I GENUINELY believe the sole reason Mercedes was cast is because she's a muslim :D Agreed 100% with the above, although her "Opulence!" moment from last week was pretty incredible for all the wrong reasons.

Vanjie was AMAZING this week. Rapidly joining the likes of Alaska, Manila and Aja as one of my all-time faves. I feel like Plastique (and perhaps A'Keria) didn't QUITE deserve to be in the bottom, but it was reasonably entertaining to lump them altogether anyway.

This season continues to be an entertaining mess. Vanjie aside, I'm not seeing many stars in the cast, but it's certainly old-school style Drag Race messy and I'm getting into it.

15. Ill Advised

Ill Advised User

Other than Yvie one of the worst runways I’ve ever seen. Silky especially horrific

The Mariah team were appallingly bad but if the Britney team were bottom then Mercedes and Silky would surely be bottom

16. Alex

Alex Go fish

Most enjoyable episode in an age :D Vanjie really is the gift that keeps on giving

SDF, Iguana, Chlammy and 1 other person like this.
  17. VoR

There **must** be other, better Muslim drag queens auditioning for the show than Mercedes, surely?!

Suedey likes this.
  18. wurst

wurst User

I think with Mercedes...
    her being an immigrant from a no-fly list country (so someone directly affected by Trump’s actions) probably put her in a pool of her own - there can’t be THAT many immigrant muslim drag queens auditioning of a level where they look decent enough to be on TV, even if the US is ridiculously huge.

But from what I’ve read, next episode (theme: Trump The Musical) Mercedes is likely to become of one the biggest producer pawns in Drag Race history :D

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  19. Iguana

Iguana One two CHA CHA CHA

That episode was SO good.

But it is a crime that Vanjie wasn't the winner.

Chlammy likes this.
  20. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I felt she should have won last week and that her runway got overlooked badly but this week she REALLY was robbed. She was incredible- I fucking HOWLED when she got herself out of praising herself with her own name! :D

SDF and Iguana like this.
  21. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

And yes, great episode, but the fuckery of that six way lip sync. What a pointless waste of time....

Suedey and Alex like this.
  22. Ag

Ag User

To echo... GREAT EPISODE. So much fun. The Britney show was very funny and on point. The car wreck that was the Mariah was monumentally bad. You can't even blame bad editing. And yes bringing back Vanjie has been a joy. She's bringing so much more.

I did kind of enjoy the six way lip sync. That remix of Waiting for Tonight is such a high energy banger that it made the over crowded stage even more chaotic.

Iguana likes this.
  23. cwej

cwej User

I like the drama of the 6 way lipsync, but they'd have been better off getting 3 on the stage at a time. I'm really sad to see Honey go - she was one of the few I really liked and as someone else said, the cutest one left as a boy (I also fancied the week 2 one that went, so that's the only hotties in the cast gone).

I thought the Britney team did a seriously excellent job and the Mariah team were shocking- surely the biggest disparity from good team to bad team ever.

I thought Vanjie deserved to win on the challenge, but her runway look was offensively bad. Just messy. She's lucky she didn't get a critique on that.

Meanwhile, Honey had a great runway look that I think should have saved her a bit.

24. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

I thought Vanjie was brilliant in the challenge, genuinely laugh out loud funny.

Nina West was also great in the challenge. But she totally trumped Vanjie on the runway so I was glad she won.

Vanjie has however been the most consistent contestant for me so I’m glad she’s back and is having her rudemption

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  25. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

How lucky was Mercedes that she just so happened to be on the winning team?!

That runway was a mess

26. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

WTF this show :D

I’m a week behind because Japan. Hmmph

Vanjie is great, loved it all, even if that runway was a bit blah. @SDF why are you spelling it Vanje? She’s not Polish

Nina did well but her FACE! Is she ever not gurning like a Rik Mayall character?

I wish some of them would start Drag Racing instead of being characters on Drag Race

SDF likes this.