S11E11 Bring Back My Queens!

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by Phoenix, May 10, 2019.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

[​IMG]

2. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I kinda felt bad for Silky as the episode progressed but that lipsync was the worst thing I have ever seen. Nina wasn’t exciting but at least wasn’t embarrassing. I’ll be livid if Silky makes it to the final 4.

3. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I'm annoyed with the whole fucking episode. How the fuck did Vanjie not win that? It was FLAWLESS, had a GASP moment with that reveal. Though Brooke Lynn was great, it wasn't on the same level for me.

Then that lipsync. Wrong song and both of them were fucking terrible. Nina absolutely won it though- Silky was a) rubbish and b) mucked up the words a few times, albeit only slightly. I thought Nina stood a real chance after last week.

Though I am pleased/surprised they didn't go for the obvious Yvie vs Silky narrative- because surely it's been brewing and might be the last time it could happen- as Nina really did deserve bottom two. I did feel sorry for Silky during the episode and I think her "excuses" were right- she had the lame duck in Soju and she had to work hardest to get her to a certain level. I think there WAS family resemblance there, as much as you can have between a black woman and an Asian, at least. But surely she is going to be out next- there are four potentially great lipsync-ers in that final five to make an interesting set of duels. Silky does not enter into that and they must manufacture something to get rid of her, no?

SDF likes this.
  4. jyxz

jyxz User

Most boring LSFYL ever. For all her promises of being the biggest lip sync assassin who couldn’t wait to send everyone’s home with her lip sync talent, Silky was abysmal! Surprised they didn’t do the big drama of Silky v Yvie, but if they had I’m sure Yvie would have easily sent her packing.

Surprised Vanjie didn’t get the win too.

5. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Worst lip-synch ever. So glad RuPaul acknowledged that.

Nina is infinitely more likable than Silky and should've stayed.

Just a shit episode in general. The runway looks were all super-boring.

6. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

That was a slog! Poor Nina, they should’ve gone with last week’s narrative convenience lip sync method and made it Yvie vs Silky, with the former cartwheeling Silky’s busted ass out the door. I thought Silky was going considering the majority of the screen time she got this week. How much talking head time did she get?!

She got the hardest makeover but so what? Someone would’ve got Soju, and I didn’t see any other Koreans in the remaining queens to match her with. Silky’s always got a clapback

Vanjie was really good, thank god, but I liked Brooke and Plastique’s presentation (and dresses) more. Vanjie and Ariel (who looked great without her go-to wig shape) just sort of waved around after the coat reveal.

Nina, yeah nice idea but prrrrt
    I quite liked Yvie and Scarlett’s idea, but what do I know.

Akeria and Honey (fuck Honey’s drag right, after Ru’s comment) looked great, I guess it just wasn’t particularly imaginative though, just nice.

That Lip Stink should either have been Yvie slaying Silky, or a double elimination with Nina and Silky.

I mean I now there’s always a liberal amount of manipulation, but the last two Lip syncs have been a bit too shamelessly throwing Nina and Shuga under the bus for the sake of keeping the two talking/yelling heads. Not that I think any of them should make it to the top 4 (with the exception of Vanjie on a good day)

Iguana and ameraal like this.
  7. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

We need at least a year before the next season.

8. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

With Drag Race UK that isn't going to happen for us at least.

I think the most important thing for me is to give All Stars a rest, but I'd be surprised if they rested it.

9. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

Stupid. Yvie and Silky should have been bottom.

Nina deserves to be in the finale.

The lip sync was AWFUL.

10. Chlammy

But yes, how can Michelle fairly rip into Silky for not given Soju family resemblance? How are those two ever supposed to look like they're related???

11. ameraal

ameraal trash

ugh. just when i thought this was gonna be a good episode we get ariel's crap, silky's shit, akeria's shit-stirring, those lousy runway outfits, the car crash lip synch and yet another bogus elimination. yay.

12. ameraal

ameraal trash

yay. so happy you've travelled back to the future, didz <з

Beverley likes this.
  13. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Does anyone actually care who wins this season?

All the promising queens have started to fade and all the rising queens are getting the chop. No one excites me.

14. lolly

I care more than I did last season.

Chlammy likes this.
  15. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

You mean All Stars 4? Or Season 10?

16. ameraal

ameraal trash

blh. she's the only decent one really.
    i'm finding it hard to remember who won last season.
    oh i remembered. meh, didn't care for the last finale much either but you can't deny aquaria served some seriously good stuff on the runway.

i really want to see shea again. i'd take all stars over a regular season any day.

17. Chlammy

It's ten times more fun to watch than S10.

18. Chlammy

RANK

S5
    S6
    S4
    S2
    S3
    S11
    S9
    S1
    S10
    S8
    S7

19. lolly

I was thinking of S10. But actually both.

20. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

One thing this episode does is confirm that Ariel and Sojuk are terrible drag queens.

ameraal likes this.
  21. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

In the middle of watching this and I swear I’ve never seen Honey Davenport in my life before :D

Iguana likes this.
  22. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

This show is a fucking mess. Yvie was definitely one of the weaker ones but oh the audacity of calling her look crafty when she has been serving that and actually getting praised for it all season. Shuga looked terrifying and Silky/Soju were an utter mess. The lipsync was awful too but Silky was an embarrassment, how did she get to stay?

ameraal likes this.
  23. Dark Carnival

I can't. The best possible outcome would be to stop this season right now without announcing a winner for sheer lack of talent and interest.

24. Dark Carnival

For about five full minutes I was actually wondering who that random guy was and whether they'd just brought him because not enough eliminated queens agreed to come back.

25. Dark Carnival

:D!

26. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

That result :angry:

27. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Silky’s lip sync was such a mess and she should have went over Nina who struggled because it really wasn’t a good song choice for her

28. lolly

Why didn't they bring back poor rubbish Mercedes? Just think of all the amusing OPULENCE jokes we missed out on :(

29. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Where was RAJAH to bring the SHIT, too?

30. ameraal

ameraal trash

there was a montrese missing as well. though i guess we had soju for the car crash demographic. i can't believe she isn't embarrassed by her very existence.

i was a bit pissed they didn't give anyone the chance to come back but considering the only one i'd want back is scarlet, i guess i'm glad they didn't.

31. Dark Carnival

I want this season to be over, not last some more!

32. ameraal

ameraal trash

for someone with so much experience nina seems strangely clueless. she can't not know that she cannot pull of sexy, why didn't she just take the comedic route with her performance?

i literally died watching silky. the only thing that didn't fall apart was her permanent marker eyebrows :D

Chlammy, Iguana, Diddy and 2 others like this.
  33. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I thought this was a great episode. The make over maxi challenge is usually quite boring but letting newly eliminated queens to come back, and even have them participating in the ”who should go home” game was actually a great idea. Especially in this messy, busted season.

I hate Silky with all my heart and it was so rewarding watching her crash in the lip sync after having made us believe she’s a lip sync assassin. Having said that I’m glad they kept her in. I hope she gets to be hateful until the finale.

Nina is nice and all but for being such a seasoned queen she was bad at almost everything.

34. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

That one was the only thing missing. I would have loved to hear her take on wig gate.

35. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

But really the most upsetting thing about this episode was me realizing that Soju out of drag is rather hot.

36. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Me too! :D

He should keep the beard and never do drag again.

37. ameraal

ameraal trash

is it just me or have the plus sized queens that have come closed to the final 3/4 always been more villainous/annoying than nice? silky, eureka, darienne, delta (who i like but a lot of people thought was bitchy)... am i forgetting someone?

38. ameraal

ameraal trash

ah yes, the glamour toad. though i guess she was part of the bitter old lady brigade for a minute.

39. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

You’re forgetting the beloved Latrice.

40. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Ginger has probably been the best plus sized Queen they’ve had