S11E12 Queens Everywhere

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by Sheena, May 17, 2019.

1. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

So we have our final four.

They got it spot on with Brooke Lynn- technically she was great, but she just wasn't "there". I thought Vanjie was a little hard done by as I actually thought A'keria was a bit sloppy in the lip-sync, but there you go.

Silky for me won the challenge this week- I thought she was an absolute scream in her section, and the bit at the end she OWNED. Yvie was a close second, though, and the runway meant the right queen won overall.

Chlammy likes this.
  2. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I agree with them entirely that Vanjie felt disconnected and lifeless. She was clearly the worst for me. They were gunning for her anyway though, clearly - and the pair of them lip syncing was just too good for the producers to let slip.

Yvie owned the night runway and challenge for me. I'm glad she has hit a high before the finale, as she had been slipping. Hopefully we get another Yvie v Brooke Lynn lip sync in the finale.

Iguana likes this.
  3. Sheena

I wonder if Silky can step up the lip sync with more preparation- she is usually a good performer when it’s choreographed and she more than has time for that this time around.

All in all, it does make for an interesting finale.

4. lolly

I think it's a stronger final four than last year, certainly.

Penelope and Chlammy like this.
  5. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

This should have been Vanjie's night so I was really surprised how dreary her performance was.

I'd have given either Akeria or Silky the boot though as they both are bringing nothing more than 5/10 efforts to this gig. I'm not really into the whole conspiracy theory gig, but Silky getting multi VT reactions to counteract her previously poorly perceived cuntiness was quite the thing.

6. Sheena

Whatever you thought of that or her, to say that Silky’s performance was a “5/10 effort” is absolute horseshit.

She might not be as polished, granted, but the effort was absolutely there...

Chlammy likes this.
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

They wanted to push Silky so hard into that finale. It should have been her and Vanjie in the bottom.

Anyways Eyvie for the win.

8. Sheena

I know there’s Silky haters in here, but was I watching a different fucking show? Brooke Lynn was easily the worst and Vanjie was definitely worse than Silky...come on!

9. lolly

Yvie
    A'keria
    Silky
    Brooke Lynn
    Vanjie

10. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I don’t hate her, she’s just generally unpolished and her lipsync skills are lacking. She’s gonna advance to a finale where she has to lipsync.

ameraal and Christian like this.
  11. Sheena

Her lip syncing was fine today. As I said earlier, she can do it.

Yes, she had a rubbish lip sync last week and arguably should have gone, but she definitely was top three this week at the very least - surely no one can deny that.

12. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

Silky's performance was everything. Yvie is much more annoying than her but she brought it too.

Akeria is my favourite but I was worried for her. Her lip sync was kinda lifeless and I feel like they tore down Brook a bit more than they needed to so that they could justify the face off with Vanjie.

I'm looking forward to the finale.

13. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I don’t really like Silky but I agree with Sheena. Oddly took the night for me, but I was buying what Silky was selling.

I thought they were a bit brutal with Brooke but I still agreed. However I think I’d have put Akeria down there with Vanjie

Brooke chose the ballerina because it represented her, but they said it didn’t give what they wanted to represent her as (giving an example of the challenge where she had to make a Detox inspired outfit...).

But the Akeria, benefitting from the low expectations, just did her pageant look and nobody said anything. Is that really modern??

But as usual, narrative convenience won the day, and it had to be Brooke vs Vanjie with only one possible outcome.

14. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

And that song was SHIIIIIIT

Why didn’t they use Mighty Love? That’s a good strutting one

15. lolly

I noticed that song sneak onto spotify a couple of weeks back

Rotten indeed

16. Sheena

Isn’t Ru PROLIFIC?

With a really LOW strike rate...

17. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

This is the first time Yvie really stood out for me. She won the challenge.

Silky is hateful but you can’t deny that performance. She was hilarious.

Brook wasn’t the worst at all, but as usual she’s not that exciting. Still, she’s my S11 winner.

Akeria should have been in the bottom, but the boring Branjie storyline needed an ending.

The right top 4, very boring episode though. The feuds and the drama is what’s been great about this season, without it these queens are the worst, least exciting top four since season 3.

18. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I have no problem with narrative convenience but Silky has been average to rotten throughout this competition. The talking heads are decent, but she's just not a very good queen when it comes to runways and challenges. She's going to swiftly fade into obscurity if or when she wins this as there's just nothing to root for with her.

jyxz and ameraal like this.
  19. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

If she wins this then I’m out.

20. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

i bet you say that every season :D

(I do too)

21. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I’ve barely recovered from Monet winning. :bruised:

Christian likes this.
  22. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

It was the right bottom 2 and the right person leaving the competition.

If I were to judge the final 4's achievements against one another, you couldn't muster a huge amount of enthusiasm from me, but I would say that Yvie should win. At least there's a slightly perspective/aesthetic there as opposed to the other three pageant queens with three very significant weaknesses.

23. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

And Yvie has no significant weakness?

24. Beverley

I think they're less immediate.

25. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I was chatting to a hardcore DR queen in Comptons last week and he was convinced Yvie was going to win the whole thing.

His gig was that Silkie just isn't all that good at any of the show, and that they'd not let a skinny white queen like Brook win given the optics.

That being accepted, Yvie is a no brainer.

26. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Yvie is the winner regardless of the optics, she’s the most exciting of the bunch. Brooke is really good but the second she’s less than great she fades into the background. Akeria is strong but not as interesting as Yvie and Silky is just not on the same level as the other 3.

27. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

I don't dislike Yvie as much after this episode. She was hateful from about Snatch Game onwards tho.

At least Silkie has humour.

28. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

Yvie was easily the winner of the episode. Killed the rap game. Killed the choreography. Killed the runway.
    Silky's performance was such a fucking mess, but it was clearly decided that it was going to be Brooke in the bottom against Vanjie. The producers just couldn't pass on that one.

29. Beryl

Beryl Boy stop, step awaaaaay.

Yvie basically did a Sacha Velour impersonation.

Silky makes Monique Hart looks polished.

Brooke is unlikeable.

A’keria is too hot and miss.

Vanjie’s rap was leaps and bounds better than anything else.

30. Sheena

It is hilarious how quickly people forget- Yvie appears to be the saviour, a couple of weeks after being UTTERLY DREADFUL IN CONSECUTIVE EPISODES...

Christian likes this.
  31. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

That was the best episode in the season.

Yay for Akeria. But she won't win. Yvie and Silky are the most likely to win.

ARETHA :disco:

32. Beverley

Oh I haven't forgotten! My point is that she's STILL the most interesting prospect as a winner than any of the others.

33. Debbie Jellinsky

Debbie Jellinsky User

I'm Team Yvie. She has been wildly inconsistent, but when she gets it right she's so much more exciting than the others. Loved the lip sync and the outfit.

cwej and Beverley like this.
  34. cwej

cwej User

This.

Yvie was outstanding. For me the ranking in this week’s performance was:

1. Yvie
    2. A’keria
    3. Brook
    4. Vanjie
    5. Silky

But they really wanted Silky in the final. I’m actually a fan of Silky but thought she was so messy compared to the others this episode and the producers will have been longing for a Vanjie/Brook bottom 2 all season, so 3rd and 4th place was good enough to tell a few fibs and tell us how great Silky was.

I adored Vanjie’s exit though! That’s her biggest selling point lol

I have got to a point where despite knowing that Brook is technically the best of the four I really want ANYONE to win except her. She really does lack any kind of proper sense of humour. Even watching their tiny VTs at the end about winning the crown, the other three all made me smile whereas Brook was just like ‘I really want to win’ or something equally bland.

KindaCool likes this.
  35. cwej

cwej User

Oh and I thought Yvie and A’keria’s runway looks were excellent this week. And even Silky’s was decent.

36. lolly

Who's claiming she's the saviour or not acknowledging that?
    I think the show has kind of presented her that way, just to ramp up tension for the finale, but I don't think anyone here doubts how she dipped massively after a strong start.

37. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

I thought that was a really good episode, I’ve enjoyed the majority of the challenges this season.

Yvie has really died a death since the snatch game but she totally brought it in that performance and was so memorable. Loved what she did. If it comes down to lip sync for the crown, I think she will win.

I’ve criticised Silky a lot, but in terms of overall performance she was comfortably second best. I agree with Michelle that she’s not as polished as she thinks she is but she sold the life out of her verse and had me in stitches.

Vanjie deserved to go.

38. Penelope

Penelope AND SHAVE OUR EYEBROWS

She's the FUTURE OF DRAG!

39. Sheena

Aren’t they ALWAYS?

Penelope, Diddy and Chlammy like this.
  40. Suedey

Suedey I'm not gonna be IGNORED

I really enjoyed this episode. Ultimately the right decision was made I feel. I can forgive Ru putting Silky through to Final 4 but if she wins there will be hell to pay..