S11E14 Grand Final

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by Phoenix, May 31, 2019.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

This took forever, those videos went on for so long. Every time it came to an end it just kept going.

Silky was awful, pre reveal, post reveal....she has no rhythm and it’s sad that they pushed her so far.

Brooklyn reminded me of Kenya Michaels they way she was buzzing around Eyvie and failing to connect with the song.

Eyvie with the mirrors was spectacular. The most deserving winner.

2. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Yvie’s final lip sync was spellbinding, and for that I’m fine with her being the winner. She’s the only one other than Brooke Lynn that could deserve it.

I thought Yvie didn’t win the lip sync with A’keria though. She had the far better outfit though.

Silky making an absolute fool of herself again is so wonderful to watch. Now die cunt!

The ruveals really have to stop! It’s getting more annoying than taking off your wig.
    Yvie’s outfit was a great way of revealing/using different parts of your outfit without making a ”ruveal”.

3. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

The videos seemed a bit too long and weren’t funny.

Vanjie’s video was a bit better, despite her voice. She’s really getting as annoying as Monique for me.

Nina’s ”Meh” was a big highlight and the best thing she’s accomplished this season.

4. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Oh and I hate to say it, but Monet looked better than Aquaria. :( The latter looked like Shannel doing her interpretation of LaGuardia’s Death Becomes Her outfit.

5. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Those lip syncs weren't THAT exciting, were they? But Yvie was definitely, as my learned friend said, mesmerising more than Brooke Lynn, who was just dull. I'd also question whether Yvie won that semi over A'keria to be honest, but there you go. Silky was alright- she wasn't EMBARRASSING and she redeemed herself after her dreadful earlier lip-sync, but she was nothing special and a clear fourth place.

I don't know why, in a post Sasha Velour and Peppermint "reveal" world, people think taking a dress off out of time to the music counts as "winning".

Suedey likes this.
  6. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I couldn't call that Yvie/A'Keria lipsync either. But Yvie definitely won against Brooke Lynn in the final. Like Phoenix says, she totally failed to connect, and short of your opponent doing a Charlie Hides, you'll be lucky to win, particularly when everything you're bringing you have brought before.

Yes, the videos were too long, and again I thought Brooke Lynn came across badly in hers. I had been thinking the last two or three weeks that she'd been edited that way partly to play down how obvious a winner she was, but now I'm wondering if she was just edited kindly before.

Yvie only won one main challenge, didn't she? Has anyone gone on to win with so few victories?

7. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I had to consult Wikipedia:

- Sasha won two main challenges, but both were joint wins with Shae (which still holds the highest numbers of challenges won (4) without winning).

- Trixie won 2 in AS3, but she never won the lip sync for her legacy.

- Monet won three in AS4, but only one of them won her the lipsync.

I’d say no matter how you interpret the information above, Yvie comes last.

8. wurst

wurst User

Without having watched the final yet I’m surprised Yvie won, I was so sure they would want her back on AllStars + with a higher level of drag than on this season.

As good at drag Brooke is, I’m not sure she has much left to show us.

9. lolly

And Yvie's win was a joint win with Scarlet anyway, wasn't it?

10. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Absolutely!

11. lolly

No, I don't think so, either.

Expect Branjie to be resurrected.

12. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Yvie is also the only winner that had to lip sync for her life in the Snatch Game episode.

Trixie also landed in the bottom after her snatch game. She would have probably lost the lip sync if it had been for her life.

13. Lucille

Lucille User

Yvie's hot Daddy is surely the highlight of the episode.

14. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Didn’t she also win the farm to runway challenge? And she technically won the last week as well.

Oh no that was Plastique. My bad.

15. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

This was terrible. Good riddance.

Zu-Klara likes this.
  16. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

I did like Yvie's hot Dad and three face gimmick though

17. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

OMG Silky's lip sync! :D Surely a song made for a big girl, but she was absolutely embarrassing.

Agree with the bizarrely over-long VTs, that A'Keria one just kept going and going and going.

Definitely the correct winner. Brooklyn just brings the exact same moves to every lip sync, no connection or sense of spontaneity at all. I loved that Yvie kept it simple (relatively) and just created a beautiful image without pyros or wig/costume flips.

18. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Also, can we talk about Christine & The Queens?! I need that version of Sissy That Walk on Spotify NOW.

SDF, Ag, Suedey and 3 others like this.
  19. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Well well well
    I watched a dodgy copy on YouTube because I’d have to wait until next Thursday otherwise. I had the please of no sound during Akeria vs Yvie, and it skipped Yvie vs Brook Lynn entirely until 2 seconds before the winner announcement so I had to watch the Lip syncs after the fact...

Anyway I think Yvie won both. Akeria was alright, but she’s always got that angry face on, and a few closeups of botched lyrics didn’t do much for me. Yvie being a bit loopy fitted the song I think.

Brooke Lynn vs Silky was pretty good I thought, and Silky gave it her best finally.

I did LOL at Brooke Lynn’s kind of pisstake of the reveal, I think she’s a great lipsyncer. I guess we are all deciding we hate her now? Ho hum. She has a storyline for AS anyway.

Yvie’s costume was a gag though, looked amazing, good effects, and the face on the back... she didn’t rely too much on the bending as I thought she might. I’m behind her win, even if Brooke was better value. I still think that HYUK YUK YUK laugh is a bit put-on though.

20. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Oh, and are we all concerned about the scoreboard now? I suppose that’s what we can complain about now the previous OPTICS have been considered!

Tyra, Violet, Monet and Trixie all bombed the Snatch game, it’s not the kingmaker it used to seem like... and tbh are we surprised it didn’t happen this year? I wouldn’t say any of the top 4 (or maybe anyone at all) are particularly funny, or at least consistently

21. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Mind you, Nina’s MEH was so good :D

22. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Don’t be a bitch Diddy; the scoreboard and the statistics have always been an essential part of the show.

23. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Omg don’t be a bitch? Where am I? :D

A week ago all I heard was “Well Brooke did best this season but NO *cancels*”

Alla likes this.
  24. lolly

Following various Facebook groups I'm amazed how quickly it switched from Brooke Lynn winning their polls by quite the margin to Yvie in the last two weeks. Admittedly Yvie upped her game and Brooke Lynn struggled more in those weeks, but it was still quite remarkable.

Surely it's not all due to poor jilted Vanjie?

And incidentally I found Vanjie's sketch in the final hard work. I hope we don't see her before AS6 at least.

25. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Yeah Vanjie was overused for sure!
    Videos way too long too... didn’t they have any other filler? Why not a season 2 reunion megamix?

I did like the Box 96 though. I was amazed they were CAPABLE of an Easter egg like that, considering their subtle jokes are as subtle as ... well, Vanjie

ameraal likes this.
  26. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

That wasn’t an Easter egg, it was right there in front of our eyes.

Also they can’t do a season 2 reunion because Tyra.

27. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

They managed a Season 1 one without Tammie! Anusthing is possible

28. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Omg can you imagine if they replaced Tyra with Tyra Banks?

Iguana likes this.
  29. Alla

Alla ®

I don't need to see her again AT ALL.

30. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

I thought Vanjie's video was the best of them all! She's shit but she has way more of a personality than the top 4 COMBINED.

31. Suedey

Suedey I'm not gonna be IGNORED

That was terrible but I'm happy for Yvie

32. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

33. cwej

cwej User

Good:
    - Happy with the winner
    - And Nina winning Congeniality, obvious, but deserved
    - And her Meh
    - And Yvie's hot dad with the blue eyes - are they real!?!
    - Yvie's second lip sync
    - I liked Vanjie's video personally - certainly better than the other 4
    - I thought Aquaria's look was absolutely stunning personally
    - TBH I thought Silky redeemed herself a bit in the lipsync.

Bad:
    - I get why they put Yvie through, but I think A'keria definitely beat her in the semi final.
    - I thought Brooke was boring in both lip syncs. She's just so perfect and pageanty.
    - God it was SOOOO long.
    - I still hate the set up pairs, set up songs and just wish they were honest about it. It's so transparent. Anyone who doesn't see through the 'randomisation' is a moron so why do they bother faking it?

Suedey and Diddy like this.
  34. Penelope

Penelope AND SHAVE OUR EYEBROWS

Really? If anything I'd have thought it showed areas where the producers *don't* have control. You think they'd have willingly let the thing go by without the Silky v Yvie lip sync face-off to give their storyline proper closure, if they had complete control?

35. Beryl

Beryl Boy stop, step awaaaaay.

Nina’s Meh stole the show. It must’ve been incredibly boring to have sat through in that theatre. Didn’t like all the VTs at all, why not just interview them?

36. Ag

Ag User

I enjoyed the episode. Some of you are such miserable cunts.

It's a shame Brooke's reveal (which was a gag in the first instance) didn't become a gag. Yvie easily won both her lip syncs. I thought Akeria was underwhelming and a generic pageant girl lip sync. Yvie's outfits were amazing and she's a far more engaging performer.

I barely recognised any of the previous season queens.

And I echo Christine and the Queens Sissy :disco:

Suedey, Iguana, SDF and 2 others like this.
  37. Ag

Ag User

Silky was a fucking mess. Fuck off forever.

Suedey, ameraal and Ill Advised like this.
  38. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

I didn’t mind the VTs at all, I often find Ru a cringe when he’s interviewing them so I’m glad that was kept to a minimum.

Yvie’s final lip sync was brilliant, she read the song well, her reveal was amazing, and there really was no denying she deserved the win

Silky rolling around the floor was certainly something :side-eye:

And I’m so, so pleased Nina didn’t just win Miss Congeniality, she also got the best line of the night :disco:

39. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Oh and the A’keria v Yvie lip sync was just ok. I don’t think either of them won it, but Yvie obviously redeemed herself

40. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Why did they cut this perf short? :angry: