S12E03: The World's Worst

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by VoR, Mar 12, 2020.

1. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

First 12 minutes online now...

Of all the things to lift from the UK series, that stupid mini-challenge?!

2. Alla

Alla 124/ 11124/ 11124/ 123456

I have a feeling Sherrie's talking heads are probably gone, as Kala suggested.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

Ugh Olivia Munn is such a snooze.

Heidi remains a treasure and must be protected at all times. Dahlia was barely in the episode.

Can’t really argue with the Sherry win, that look was great and they had the best skit. I thought Aiden was good but I’m over the same old wig.

That has to be one of the most boring lip syncs ever but Nicky has more potential. Dhalia was the weakest (it was obvious from her first episode) also a bit graceless with that exit.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

Twitter is saying that this was a re-edited episode but I didn’t notice. I was busy eating my quesadilla.

5. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

This was a terrible challenge. I thought most of them were bad.

The right one left. Shitty attitude with nothing to back it up with apart of looking good out of drag. Glad she’s gone.

I’m ready for Brita and Widow being villains. Brita is awful so far.

Rocka is annoying and hate her drag but my God that face and that body out of drag. I want her!!

Diddy and Penelope like this.
  6. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

That lip sync was DIRE! Nicky was marginally better, but they could easily have edited it slightly and made it a double elimination.

Right queen went home though. Zero energy and clearly a shitty attitude.

I'm quite agog at Ru openly bullying poor Heidi into changing her name. :D Also that was not a cute look for Brita and Sherry ganging up on Aiden. Clearly they're older and more experienced, there's no need to pick the bones like that.

I thought it was pretty obvious Sherry was largely edited out of the episode. That's going to be awks if she continues to dominate the challenges.

RaspberrySwirl and Penelope like this.
  7. Penelope

Penelope DON'T TALK TO ME

Heidi N Closet ALWAYS AND FOREVER MY NUMBER ONE. The sheer CHEEK of Ru basically unilaterally changing her name! :D

Brita and Sherry seemed like utter cunts ganging up on Aiden Zhane after the challenge......pretty much went well for their group? What more did they want, exactly - leadership that overruled them, when they were at pains to remind us every time they were HIGHLY EXPERIENCED EXPERTS? It really felt quite close to bullying and it didn't half warm me to Aiden even if she IS a bit POUNDSHOP VELOUR

Dahlia's last 15 minutes were charmlessness itself, and talk about a USELESS LIP SYNC (NOTHING happening at big peaks of the song! Possibly the only thing WORSE than JUST DOING THE SPLITS!) GOOD RIDDANCE YOU BASIC BITCH

ameraal and RaspberrySwirl like this.
  8. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Heidi is already an international treasure. I hope I don’t grow tired of her soon.

It was really a double elimination, but I knew they would keep Nicki, because it’s obvious that she has more to offer.

9. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

It was still over an hour long though, so did they edit other stuff in? And Sherry did have some talking head time, didn't she?

10. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

That was a shit challenge indeed, none of them were actually funny. Some of them were fine, the rest were just meh.

Dahlia looked good but clearly had nothing to offer beyond that. Aiden being so serious about everything makes her such a boring queen, it’s drag love lighten up! Oh and I see Drag Race is still doing that really annoying thing where they bring someone with a very particular look like Crystal and spend the whole season trying to make them change it. Why cast her in the first place?

11. Dark Carnival

I don’t think she did!

12. Dark Carnival

Surely they have enough material to edit in in replacement of her talking heads.

13. lolly

I thought it was a weak episode, but then most of those challenges tend to be among my least favourites.

And good riddance Dahlia. She clearly doesn't understand that even if she did think she was better than Crystal Methyd (and I don't think there was much in it either way), when you have fuck all else to offer other than pretty, you're never going to get very far.

14. Dark Carnival

I hope Ru keeps giving her even more alternative names each episode! :D

cwej and Alla like this.
  15. straightorbroken

straightorbroken from the sound of sirens

I thought Jaida won that never-ending abysmal challenge quite easily. I wondered if it was so long because of the editing lipo-sucking Sherry out, but surely not.

Gigi's severe Debi Mazar appearance continues to be my favourite to look at.

Aiden was head and shoulders above no-neck Brita, which might explain the brass one she had claiming Aiden faded into the background.

Sherry at least served my favourite Mimi make-up look with the rosebud eyes from the iconic sci-fi week all those years ago. I like to think the voice she used to say "sending a letter to daddy" was our first and not last glimpse of Alisson.

Widow was woeful on the runway. Worse than even whatever Crystal thinks she's doing.

The one who was eliminated won't be missed. Should have applied alongside her brother if she wanted more impact.

What a comedown judge-wise after Thandie's soundbite bullets and Robyn all but paying tribute to Katya's Bjork.

Jackie did not deliver at all during the challenge, but I'm not blaming her. Oh at all. Worse than season 7's writing.

I hope Heidi reverts back to N Closet the second the show is over. Talk about missing the point of her deceptively clumsy appeal.

RaspberrySwirl likes this.
  16. lolly

That's my thought - at first I was OMG at the shamelessness of it, but then I thought that this is potentially going to be VERY BIG for her.

cwej and Alla like this.
  17. Dark Carnival

She is responding very well to it and making the most of it really. Intelligent queen!

Alla likes this.
  18. Chlammy

Chlammy Climb on through my window.

Jackie is BEAUTIFUL as boy.

I also thought the challenge was quite rubbish though I liked the concept, kind of. The win seemed like it came from nowhere, but maybe it was because they cut Sherry's talking heads and so it wasn't preempted by the editing.

I also love Heidi but hope that they don't just stick to Heido Ho.

Aiden needs to lighten up!

Still undecided on my favourite. I like Heidi and Rock M. but don't want to commit fully in case they're out by week four. Jackie looks good but still seems very Cracker ish and that didn't end well in S9.

19. Alla

I thought Ru changing Heidi's name was a joke that's going on during the next episodes, wait and see. God I love Heidi so much :disco:

The episode was clearly re-edited, not a single Sherry Pie talking head, and I bet we won't see any at all. I wonder how they're gonna manage that if she's top 5 or so.

20. lolly

I'm hoping that with the re-editing that is going on to erase Sherry will focus on promoting Heidi.

Penelope likes this.
  21. ameraal

ameraal i just wanna stay in the moonlight

things i liked:

- olivia munn
    - sherry and gigi's runway

22. ameraal

ameraal i just wanna stay in the moonlight

what the hell was rupaul wearing?

23. Ag

Ag User

Crystal should have been bottom 2. Awful outfit. Widows was the worst though. Shame Dhalia went, she was a hot boy. I'm not hating on her for stropping out. I know I've been there!

Heidi is clearly the personality queen of the series and all the better for it. Aiden getting the underdog edit. Will any underdog ever be up there with Jinkx? Not this series alas.

24. Ill Advised

Ill Advised User

Agree crystal should have been bottom two and the challenge was meh

25. Penelope

Really the BEST WAY any good can come of this :disco:

Ag and Alla like this.
  26. wurst

wurst User

Heidi (and to a lesser extent Widow) is really SAILING THE SHIP of this series.

If she wasn’t part of the cast I’m not even sure if I would bother to watch each week tbh

Alla likes this.
  27. Alla

After the hot mess of the first episode, I wasn't expecting such a good performance, but Heidi X did deliver :disco:

28. Alla

Am I the only one who immediately thought of the other The Rhythm of the Night when Ru brought up Debarge's one? Such a coincidence now everyone's talking about Corona :disco:

29. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Interestingly, I believe only the US got the No Sherry edit. Everywhere else seems to have shown a version with her talking heads. Might be due to timing/the logistics of replacing the episode elsewhere but it’ll be interesting to see what happens down the line.

30. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Nah, there was no Sherry on Netflix UK either. A brief single talking head early on (when Aiden picks her for his team) and nothing else is clearly not the standard for a challenge winner.

31. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

ask Shuga Cain!

RaspberrySwirl and Alla like this.
  32. Tischlampe

Tischlampe 'alooooo

I'm hearing the American one also edited out her win and her cash tip altogether. I felt like the UK one showed it and glossed over it. It was like "you've won", "thank you" with no fanfare.

Somewhat unfortunately I have to say her look I thought was actually one of the best on the runway for a long time. It's been removed from all the Facebook/Instagram recaps though.

33. Penelope

It's just occurred to me that the Rhythm of the Night bit (which was the most fun Ru's been in ages :D) might have been entirely a product of needing to find other material instead of Sherry's talking heads

34. Alla

Btw, I'm a bit confused about this at the end of the episode:

[​IMG]

Does this mean they donated the cash tip Sherry won and won't receive because she was disqualified? Can they even do that? Or they mean they donated another $5k?
    Ru RUINED if Sherry keeps winning challenges.

35. Dark Carnival

I don't think it means they took back the $5K

36. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Yeah I thought that’s what it meant, I didn’t catch on that it was the cash tip money.

I guess that’s the only time they’re going to do tips anyway.

I like the idea that every episode is going to end with WoW doing something act of penance

Penelope and Alla like this.
  37. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

It’s ridiculous- it’s not THEIR fault she was an old perv. Just get over it.

Boring episode, right winner, right person going home. meh.

cwej, Beverley and RaspberrySwirl like this.
  38. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

I like Ru’s hair.

And that’s all that I have to add.

39. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Yeah but the US didn’t get that talking head

40. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

This episode was borderline unwatchable by the way