S7 Ep11: Hello, Kitty Girls!

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by COB, May 12, 2015.

1. COB

COB Hog Frenzy

I haven't watched yet, but this week it's the puppet mini challenge (which I usually love) and then... THIS:

[​IMG]

:o :D :eyes:

2. ameraal

ameraal trash

omg can you simply close your eyes and imagine ginger minj shaking the rice? it's funny cause it's so far beyond gross *.*

3. ameraal

ameraal trash

i totally forgot about "flazeyda", that was truly an amazing moment.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  4. ameraal

ameraal trash

ok, so i've just finished the episode and i have to say it was one of the best ever[/caps]

i am devastated about the elimination, the lsfyl was sensational, i was sure they would be stay but i guess it's too late in the game. damn.

apart from that it had everthing i love: amazing fashion challenge, fun mini challenge, good lip sync song. it came late in the season but it was just brilliant.

also: rebecca romijn is utterly lovely.

5. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

My faaaavourite episode :disco: :disco: :disco: HELLO KITTY :disco: :disco: :disco:

But soooo sad :( The OTHER one should have gone home. But that exit though! :D

I would have done a Crazy Cat Lady runway look with frizzy hair, eyebags, neurotic eyes and a STRING of Hello Kitties while dropping more Hello Kitties all the way down the runway.

And then done drunk teacher BFF kitty :disco:

6. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

I thought so too! Her critiques were the best out of all I thought. And just stunning too!

7. Marilyn

Marilyn User

This episode was fucking disgusting

8. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I'm sorry but Kennedy was performing a totally different song, all the head banging and splits didn't hide her lack of rhythm. Katya didn't do much but she was far superior in the two challenge looks while Kennedy was just boring.

I guess Ginger and Violet are guaranteed top 2.

9. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Oh Ginger :( (from the AV Club review)

And here's the link http://www.stageclick.com/person/10774.aspx

10. ameraal

ameraal trash

i can't believe she's gone):

11. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

Think i'm TEAM VIOLET all the way now. I can't believe how far Ginger has fallen in my estimations.

12. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I just find Violet too unfunny, her Hello Kitty BFF was so bland. I think I'm team Pearl, at least she knows how to be funny when needed and I still like Ginger despite the lying.

13. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

I think Violet deserves the win, given who left this episode, but I'm most behind Kennedy.

GINGER OR PEARL OUT NEXT WEEK PLEASE

The lip-sync was the only decent one of this season so far, and I really think that Ginger should have been in that bottom 2. She got an easier ride.

Other than that, the theme was BRILLIANT. I loved the Hello Kitty BFFS, Pearl's and Katya's really gave me LIFE.

14. straightorbroken

straightorbroken Trust the Duchess

The only things I enjoyed this episode are the Cristina Monet tags. Oh, and Kennedy's laugh. I think going off the stage during a lip sync should be instant elimination - I thought it reeked of bad bee-ave-yah[/melb]. I'd like a Pearl victory at this point.

15. COB

COB Hog Frenzy

I'm heartbroken over the result :( The episode was great though, lots of fun and thank god it's finally a sewing challenge again. I think I'd be happy with Violet or Pearl winning at this point.

16. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

I cannot even put into words how angry I am right now.

An absolute liberty.

17. untitled

untitled Guest

I'm also pretty heartbroken.

I love high energy but seriously, ROAR is hardly SHOW ME LOVE. If Kennedy turned that routine out during last weeks lip sync I'd of been YASSSSSSing for my life, but sometimes having a bit of control looks much better.

And I must say, MISS VIOLET... Best runway EVER. Not this weeks specifically, just IN GENERAL. I don't care if she's not the funniest, at the end of the day Ginger only excels at comedy challenges and as far I'm concerned there has been too many of them which is DRAINING. Raja is probably the best runway queen they've previously had, but Violet is an exceptional talent in this area and for that alone I hope she wins.

18. Crash

Crash Thank You

I'm FUMING at the result too.

Have a feeling it's going to be a Violet, Pearl and Kennedy top 3. I think the tidbit about Pearl's backstory was a precursor to her being a finalist.

19. untitled

untitled Guest

I agree about your point on Pearl. She has been hit/miss (although mostly hit for me) but she will have to be safe next week to ensure it because I honestly believe she would lose a lip sync battle against anyone left. She can't recycle the intense robotic routine again.

20. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Violet is a slightly more talented a slightly more likeable Tyra Sanchez and if she wins she will have a slightly better career than Tyra did.

21. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Nobody left deserves to win except Violet. ESPECIALLY not Pearl. I mean, I'm truly sick of Ginger and if I never heard her speak again it would be too soon, but if she won I would sort of get it, Pearl is not good enough to win. This is not RuPaul's Most "Hot" Out Of Drag Race

They can all FUCK OFF at this point to be honest. Bring back Katya or CANCEL THE SHOW

22. untitled

untitled Guest

I've seen some videos on YouTube and Violet can put on a good show. I wouldn't underestimate her too much. I think she is more on level with Raja than Tyra Sanchez.

23. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Ok, she's slightly less talented than Raja and will have a slightly less successful career than Raja.

24. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

Violet's main look was fucking GORGEOIS this week :disco:

I am fully behind a Vi win but Katya is THE ONE ovbviously.

25. straightorbroken

Violet was giving me Lady Kier Power of Love close-ups and Lady Kier Italian Vogue. But for all the concept, I don't think has great execution. Would love to see her lip sync to see off Minj.

26. straightorbroken

Oh, and Kennedy's weave-patting Kitty BFF was basically the marsh mallow thing from Ghostbusters with a pony tail.

27. Marilyn

Marilyn User

I almost forgot - WHAT was with making Santino out to be some sort of HUNK??

28. straightorbroken

God, imagine the sex: "that courgette had better be for one of your smoothies afterward Santino!"

The only thing that could have made the flirting with Violet any more uncomfortable would have been the addition of Max.

29. ameraal

ameraal trash

the santino hunk gag was hilarioso. i loved his incessantly stunned face when the cut to the judges.

i honestly thought katya would win at this point. and i was sure they'd keep them both in. it really should've been ginger vs schiphol lipsynching with whichever leaving. i don't get the criticism over charles de gaulle's perf - if i were up for elimination i'd let monkeys fly out of my arse to a ballad. i was surprised katya held back for so long and at that point the competition had done it all.

violet rubbed me the wrong way for the first time btw. i still love her but have a bit of humility ffs.

30. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

I thought it might have been one of those lip-syncs where one person was just flying all over the stage and ignoring the point while the other one gave a solid performance and pulled it out of the bag. But as soon as Kennedy leaped off the stage to pull focus I knew Katya was a goner.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  31. Beverley

Kennedy deserved to stay. She turned that lipsync the FUCK out. But Katya didn't deserve to go. Ginger should have been down there and should have been OUT on her ARSE.

32. ameraal

ameraal trash

that said i lived for her hollering enthusedly during the lipsync. it really turned into an epic yas moment.

33. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

GO FUCK YOURSELF RUPAUL YOU FUCKING IDIOT

34. Dark Carnival

Wow. It was a good episode but I don't even want to talk about it, I'm so angry right now.

35. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Oh God Kennedy's going to be this year's Darienne undeserved hate figure then :eyes:

I wish they'd been given a better song, but regardless she wiped the fucking floor with Katya in that lip sync. Katya didn't DO anything, except realise she was being overshadowed and copying Kennedy's jump-split move way too late in the game.

I fucking adore Katya and I'm gutted she's out but let's be real guys. She lost that lip sync fair and square.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  36. Beverley

THANKS BABE

37. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I would have put Pearl and Kennedy in the bottom 2 personally. I thought Pearls runway outfits both looked like shit. At least Ginger's cow was funny.

38. straightorbroken

I don't think Kennedy has turned out to be the flat out hate figure at all. She had a stinky start, but often drops in something that's amusing and now seems much less bitter than it started to look like. I still think I'll appreciate her more in retrospect, whenever I go back to re-watch this season. Katya didn't have enough party piece moves and when she wheeled out her flip, miss thang over there had already done it, but seeing her lose just felt so unfair as she was arguably the most entertaining left at that point. Roll on the reunion, I want moments from so many queens, with Merle getting a standing O of course.

39. Marilyn

Marilyn User

I'm not so sure Katya did clearly lose the lip sync as Kennedy's style didn't really fit the song. Just going mental doesn't equal a good lip sync.

It should have been Pearl vs Kennedy anyway. At least Katya brought some humour to the proceedings*, Pearl brought very little. Her main look was just a dress with a Hello Kitty head plopped on her own head :D

*instead of COW PUNS :zombie:

40. Dark Carnival

THANK YOU.

Mute the clip and you would never guess Kennedy is performing Roar. NOTHING to do with the song.