S7 Ep6: Ru Hollywood Stories

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by dUb, Apr 1, 2015.

1. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

MERLE :disco:

2. Doodvid

Doodvid User

Are they abandoning Snatch Game this season?

3. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I think not, considering they keep asking the eliminated queens who they would do in Snatch Game.

4. Doodvid

Doodvid User

Ah, maybe they've decided quality is better than quantity, waiting for fewer but more-talented queens in the line-up.

5. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

Snatch Game is Ep 7!

6. Doodvid

Doodvid User

Oh. Has it always been that? For some reason it always seems earlier in the season.

7. Doodvid

Doodvid User

And I do think Merle should've been saved for a comeback episode, maybe with a returning queen a la Seasons 3 and 4. Would've made more sense, you know, 'thematically'.

Can't wait for the digs between her and Visage.

8. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Do you we know who's doing who?

9. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

What's the story there?

10. Doodvid

Doodvid User

I think it'll all be very light-hearted but Michelle has made a few catty (yet tongue in cheek) remarks regarding Merle whilst judging if I recall correctly.

11. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

I don't like Michelle Visage all that much to be honest. She comes off as kinda self-gratifying.

12. Doodvid

Doodvid User

:D I do enjoy your posts KC but I couldn't ignore the irony of this statement!

13. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Yeah now that I think about it, we'd probably make great friends :D

14. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I don't think there's much of a story, Merle was only there because Michelle had a contract with some radio station and wasn't available for the first two seasons.

15. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Do we usually find out the Snatch Game choices beforehand?

16. Doodvid

Doodvid User

I'd prefer not to know in advance if possible so spoiler tags would be appreciated, thanks. :condascending:

17. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Watching the old ones, Beyonce has got to be the worst one to choose. Not even drag queens can make her interesting.

18. straightorbroken

straightorbroken Trust the Duchess

The biggest mystery of all being what the fuck happened to Merle after the show gave her the worst chop since her fringe - I'm still unsure about the multiple twitter accounts I followed on the off chance another best seller surfaced. If they had any sense they'd make her permanent instead of the two rubbish gays they swap about. Too bad Michelle didn't get her name on the bill until season 3 because of contractual obligations, I had wrongly assumed they'd fallen out thanks to my many pensive Let The Music Play spins.

19. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Merle pops every now and then on The Insider or something equally trashy as a taking head. She's the editor of something.

20. straightorbroken

I know, and I've seen a few showbiz related YouTube videos, but it's not what I expect of a bestsellinhauthor.

21. straightorbroken

It's finally MerleMonday!

It's only one episode. But hey, cheers:

[video=youtube;Wnll1PoLsVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnll1PoLsVA[/video]

22. Lucille

Lucille User

THE GLORIOUS RETURN OF MERLE :disco:

She arrives on the scene, and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, we get a FABULOUS episode.

KENNEDYS CHICKEN DEAD WHORE REBORN LOOK. She should not have got a free pass for being in the top group with her atrocious acting and that WTF look.

Violet's runway. :disco: Is it too soon to call it the best runway look ever? Kind of wished they hadn't already shown it in the trailer as I knew it was coming but still :o

Michelles STANDARD DESPERATE DESIRE for versatility. Of course Max was going to have white hair playing a god damn GHOST. Loved Ross the whole episode especially calling out Michelle on her comments.

But god wasn't Max a BORE at the start of the episode. I get definite TUMMY SWORDS vibes from her, hence why the top and bottom conversation made her so SQUEAMISH.

The whole premise of "What happened to Merle" in the challenge was amazing, and the plot lines of the scenes fucking SURREAL. Please repeat this concept in 2 seasons time with a completely humourless Santino Rice.

KANDY HO FINALLY FUCKS OFF. Her trying to be sassy about sending the old girls home. Bitch please.I was about ready to personally buy her a plane ticket back to SAN JUAN.

SNATCH GAME NEXT :disco: This really does make or break the queens. I don't have especially high hopes for ANY of them next episode, but there's always some surprises (let's not forget STACEY LAYNE MATTHEWS won this episode in season 3) as well as some truly HORRIFYINGLY misjudged performances. I'm thinking Minj and Katya will do well, Pearl to be surprisingly good, Max to be safe with an over-wrought average performance. Fame also to be unexpectedly OKAY, and Violet, Jaiydinn and Kennedy bottom three. Violet and Kennedy lip-sync, with Violet sending Kennedy the FUCK home.

23. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Fucking FINALLY. Kandy Ho should have gone in Episode THREE.

Max, Pearl and Katya had the best runway looks. Especially Max; she seems to be the hardest working queen AND the most creative.

I'm predicting Ginger Minj, Pearl and Max at Top 3, with Max possibly winning.

Violet and Fame really are just resting on looks. The only think they're good at is strutting. They can't act, sing or be creative.

I quite liked Max in that bit. It was genuine and not everyone enjoys sharing that kinda information.

24. Lucille

Lucille User

I don't think it makes him uncomfortable, I think he just sees himself as a little above it. He has these little moments whenever the the tone gets a little raunchy. You're amongst a group of drag queens, of course the conversation is going to turn a little BLUE now again. If he thinks this is vulgar god help him in the Divine episode!

Max just doesn't connect with me, in terms of runway looks he's one of the best the shows ever had, he does great in the challenges, but he doesn't quite have the spark that someone like Jinkx had (who's runways were ROUTINELY ropey as fuck). He seems sweet and intelligent, and I'd definitely say he's a front runner at this stage. I imagine he has definite appeal to the bookish queens out there, but I don't think he has the wider appeal to win the show (although WHO DOES this season tbh) I think he needs to relax a little bit and lose the accent when he's out character, it's fucking PREPOSTEROUS.

There's still no one I'm actively rooting for, but in a COMPLETE 180 to my initial thoughts at the beginning of the season, I'd be quite happy to have Violet and Pearl in the top 3. Violet's inevitably going to lip-sync soon and I reckon it'll be the making of her.

25. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Oh God yes. Such a bad accent. And even if it WAS a good accent, it's still just pretentious to be carrying it around beyond the challenges.

26. ameraal

ameraal trash

max is such a humourless, superior queen, i like her but she needs to take a chill pill and let those pearls go. speaking of which is it just me or has pearl's new found confidence made her a bit full of herself?

anyway i loved jaidynn's human side bit this episode, he seems like one of the nicest queens this season though his runway look and lipsynch were a mess. thank god kandy was there cause otherwise he was a goner.

speaking of goners - wtf kennedy fried chicked? bottom two is an understatement. she looked like a cross between raven doing a chicken and coco montrese's favourite body part getup.

i thought the challenge was ludicruously bad but i enjoyed all the passive aggressive judge action and mariahna grande latte talking like a busted little pillow and defending the right to always wear your hair in the same way *.*

27. Lucille

Lucille User

Just caught up on Untucked this week which was also great.

Max dropped the accent for the whole of it, and came across much better, especially when he was calling out Kennedy and Minj.

They're really coming across as bitter now, the younger queens never hate on the older queens looks, Kennedy had no right to be criticising ANYONE in that ENSEMBLE.

28. Lucille

Lucille User

:D

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This was a tender moment but I had to take pause and lose my shit at dis bitch wipin her tears THROUGH her glasses! <a href="http://t.co/hlAghebyy4">pic.twitter.com/hlAghebyy4</a></p>&mdash; Detox (@TheOnlyDetox) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheOnlyDetox/status/585257323716837376">April 7, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  29. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Oh yeah Jaidynn's moment was quite touching. I found myself nodding and agreeing the whole time.

30. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Lucille, do you have a link for Untucked? I can never seem to find a reliable weekly source for it...

31. Lucille

Lucille User

32. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

That link works. Bless.

33. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

At the same time, you can tell that the younger queens don't even engage with the older queens. Only Pearl occasionally talks to the other, Violet and Fame are just their own thing.

I found the way everyone lost their shit over Violet's look was annoying, so she can wear a corset super tight. Big fucking whoop.

Kennedy is so hateful and that costume should have sent her ass home and I loved Max calling her out on her stink face. Ginger didn't come off that well but at least she's entertaining.

The challenge was generally awful, everyone's acting was terrible. I don't care for Merle but she's not Quasimodo the way Fame and Max played her. The Michelle's were the strongest of each group but that was some atrocious writing, they need to hire new writers.

I don't think I have a favorite, the closest is Katya but she's never fully there. I'm hoping she will do an Alaska and turn it in the second half.

Current ranking:

1. Katya
    2. Pearl - she seems likeable, at least in a few years whe she grows up she will be a decent person
    3. Ginger - needs to be less hateful
    4. Jayden - the story was sweet and I actually liked her Orange is the New Black zombie look
    5. Max - hate the accent but I appreciate the shut stirring
    6. Miss Fame - likeable in a demented Alyssa way
    7. Kandy - they should have instigated more with her, she's got a nasty edge
    8. Violet - no, nope, never, there's just nothing there that I like

34. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Also despite all my gripes with the queens and the challenge this was probably the funniest episode this season. The judges comments were funny and i loved the little exchange between Michelle and Ross about Max (seriously what a shit drag name).

35. Doodvid

Doodvid User

I wonder if Miss Fame rubbed one off over Kennedy's look?

36. ameraal

ameraal trash

!

37. ameraal

ameraal trash

i like that you refuse to even rank kennedy fried chicken.
    violet's look was amazing - it was unexpected and it made an impression. what else do you want?

i'm starting to hate minj. i love how she thinks she (opposed to everyone else) brings something new every time. 5 gs and sack the stylist.

i agree about the sketches, they were truly cringe-worthy. if this was my first rpdr episode i doubt i would watch another. i thought everyone who didn't get merle was lucky. i loved katya's outfit but i'm really not sure how she won the challenge. i like her but there's something not quite fully realised about her.

the first five are about a hair within each other

01 violet
    02 pearl
    03 miss fame
    04 katya

05 max
    06 jdf - worst drag name ever

07 ginger minj
    08 kandy ho
    09 kennedy fc

38. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

Oh I quite liked this episode, Merle :disco: vs Visage was funny. The acting was all over the place but then the acting challenges have always been ropey as fuck on the show.

Katya was good, but not outstanding. Pearl was pretty good as well. Miss Fame is becoming goofier by the second, though I just wanted her to shut up when she had her "meltdown". I have been waiting for Violet's look and it was EVERYTHING :disco: Max also looked really good on the runway, but God, what a humourless person. LOVE it whenever Violet makes fun of Max :D

Kennedy was beyond shit, everything from the acting to the runway SUCKED, they really should be judged as individuals at this point. JDF's look was a bit messy but there was no way Kandy was staying over her.

39. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

At this point:

1. Pearl
    2. Katya
    3. Violet

4. Miss Fame
    5. Max
    6. JDF

7. Ginger
    8. Kennedy

40. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I actually fucking loved Kennedy this week. That outfit was hilarious - give me a WTF train wreck over a boring glamour look any day - and her bitching in Untucked was solid gold. I could see what she was trying to do with the RuPaul impersonation, but it didn't really come off.

Ginger on the other hand is coming a bit unstuck. She needs to get over herself, she's been top 3 practically every week and she's already won once. I think she'll be around until the end, but she's in danger of being another Darienne Lake.

I'm really liking Jaiden and I hope they keep her a few more weeks (she's not polished enough for top 3). Emotional queens usually annoy me but it seems really genuine with her and you can tell how hard she's trying.

Pearl's look was a mess, but she did sell it brilliantly which Kennedy and Ginger failed to acknowledge.

Katya has such a great imagination, who else would think of doing Tara Reid being eaten by a shark for that challenge? Love her.

Violet, Fame, Max and Kandy were all various shades of blah this week.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015