S7 Ep7: Snatch Game

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by Phoenix, Apr 7, 2015.

1. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

2. Treacle

Treacle User

Didn't Coco Montrese say that they basically had a crew to make everything and that they just provided ideas?

3. JillTyrell

JillTyrell Deep inside I am profoundly lonely.

Yes. I met Coco in Vegas two years ago and had a really indepth discussion of RPDR with her, she loved talking about it.

She said that they would come up with the idea of the costume and then start to prepare it, doing basic stitching, hot gluing etc, and then overnight there was a team who brought all the looks and costumes together for them, then they'd be left to finish it off themselves for the camera.

She also said they were given a list of possible themes/challenges and told to prepare looks for them, which would explain why several queens in this year's Conjoined Queens episode had the exact same wigs - one of them would have bought two of the same weaves along.

Coco also said that Ru would barely be abel to remember their names on the runway and would have photos of each queen's look and their name next to it, which doesn't really surprise me when you listen to the Ru and Michelle podcast, without a script Ru can barely string a conherent sentence together.

4. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

That's really interesting. I had a very strong suspicion right from the start that they weren't responsible for the majority of their looks' production. Especially when we're told that most of them can't even sew let alone make costumes.

What about makeup? I mean we see them do some of it on camera, but is that also assisted with?

5. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I do get a strong impression that Ru has been pretty checked out for a long time.

6. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

There was talk of some of the less polished queens, i.e. Jinkx Monsoon, getting help from other contestants.

It is clear that Ru is only there for the BANK

7. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Surely things WOULD get kinda repetitive for him though. Still, he seems so....nice. Does anyone know what he's like in real life?

8. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Ru also makes a point of saying that he only appears in drag if he's getting paid for it, which I think is so obnoxious. You're famous for being a drag queen, that's what people want to see on talk shows etc. 99% of people don't give two shits about RuPaul out of drag.

I don't blame Ru for getting money - there must have been a point in the middle of the last decade where it looked like he might never make a dollar again - but being a little less blatant about it, and not trying to shift fucking chocolate bars, would make him come across better.

9. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Yeah that's what I was getting at, I don't think Ru really enjoys being a drag queen any more.

People criticise Michelle, but at least she's genuinely invested.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

I don't know, I imagine I would be tired of my career thirty years into it. It is a lot of work to put him in drag and I understand why he can't be bothered to do it for free anymore.

In terms of caring, I still remember being shocked when he asked his BFF Michelle what her daughters names were on the podcast. On the other hand, 100% of the queens would still be doing small dive clubs instead of world tours if it wasn't for him, so he's done his duty towards them.

11. COB

COB Can't go incognito

To be fair, wasn't he just confused over which one was Lola and which was Lily? That would probably confuse me too :D