Saturday has a kitten

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Ag, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Ag

Ag User

We're looking after a kitten this weekend, who our normally very decently tempered cat fucking HATES. It's all quite fun.

2. Rita

Rita User

Good morning. We had a Charity night for SAMH yesterday as it was around a year since my nephew died. It was very successful and we made a lot of money as he was a very popular boy. My sister was really overwhelmed, and it was all really lovely ( well as lovely as it can be after what happened.)

SDF likes this.
  3. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

I'd been up for two hours this morning before I noticed that the front of the flats opposite was scorched to hell. Somebody set the wheelie bins on fire in front of the communal door which is more like attempted murder than arson if you ask me. It happened at 2am and the police and fire engines came but both Mr F and I slept through it. The fire engine would have been twenty feet away from our bedroom window.

4. big ron

big ron MOD

I've slept through our house getting broken into and the police coming round before.

5. big ron

big ron MOD

I've just got out of going to some shitty school fair thing because ms rons car wouldn't start, but now I have a car to fix. I can't decide whats worse.

6. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Aww post a pic of the kitty @Ag

Meanwhile, I am MORE than ready for the 32 degrees weather outside...I think.

Does anyone here like LEGO? Its my part-time gig for the summer.:bruised:

7. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Carnival here today Already carnage on the main roads. I dread to think what things will look like at 2am.

Pride next week. And my mother has decided she would like to go.

8. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Little baby Kylie does :disco:

9. octophone

octophone fucking ADMIN, bitches

Gave myself a duvet day to try and get over the last of this cold. But no, it's Orange Walk day here in Glasgow so I've had 2 massive flute bands accompanied by the city's proudest arseholes. Fuck.

10. big ron

big ron MOD

For anyone who cares (basically floppet) I've fixed the car. Through trial and error worked out the fuel system had no pressure by checking the valve on the fuel rail, gave the fuel pump a whack with a mallet on turn over and it worked. So now I need to change that as its obviously fucked.

octophone likes this.
  11. big ron

big ron MOD

What I'm basically saying is I'm amazing.

12. Rita

Rita User

Scummy bastards. Hopefully they didn’t get away with anything that can’t be replaced.

13. octophone

Yeah but @Floppet would have disassembled a Sherman tank, fixed the wiring and the fuel pump and had the thing back on the battlefield in the same timeframe and we all know it...

Star, Floppet and Rita like this.
  14. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

I am impressed and jealous in equal measure. Car repairs and hitting stuff with a mallet are two of my favourite things. I wouldn't have a clue how to check the pressure in the system without a Haynes or a Youtube video but you're infinintely more knowledgeable about engines than I am, I reckon.

Does Mrs Ron leave it till the last minute to put petrol in? I remember being told by a mechanic donkey's years ago that running down to fumes every time would clog up the system with crud.

15. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

How did you know that Shermans are my favourite tank?! One of my childhood tortoises was called Sherman for that very reason. Sadly he died during hibernation because he had an infection on his front leg that had swollen up and burst while he was asleep. It was the smell from the understairs cupboard that alerted us to that fact :D

octophone likes this.
  16. lolly

How did we know that Floppet would even have a favourite kind of tank?

Ag and octophone like this.
  17. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

After reading the story in the local rag it would appear that the fire engine was putting the fire out for over an hour. Ridley didn't even bark either, he's a failure as Head of Security.

18. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

I also have a favourite steam train (The Mallard, because I've been on it) but I love The Flying Scotsman too, various favourite planes (B-17 Flying Fortress, Avro Vulcan XH558 and Avro Lancaster (which is almost indistinguishable in size and sound to the B-17 and I have to see the tail silhouette to know which one's which when they're flying) and I'm also a bit of an enthusiast when it comes to earth-moving equipment whether they be quarry-related or boring (as in tunnel boring) equipment.

Most women would enjoy a day in a large shopping centre, I enjoy tramping miles down the fields so I can sit on the bridge over the M61 motorway when the local airshow's on because all of the planes fly over it on their way there.

19. Kate

Kate most die in your bedroom

Mr Kate loves Lego and aeroplanes so this thread is now 100% relevant to his interests.

20. Rita

Rita User

FEED ME CARBS.

21. octophone

You should write a book. The journey those four sentences took me was just sublime.

22. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

NOTED.

I hope he's not been building NAUGHTY THINGS

23. big ron

big ron MOD

Ner, it was student days, randomly one of my housemates had her mums dog and that scared them off, not that I had much nicking other than a decent drug stash.

Even more amazingly I had the basement room so this all went on over me as I slept. I'm a good sleeper.

24. big ron

big ron MOD

I'd kind of sussed it was fuel system related, the car cranked, fired but then cut out, then continued to crank, so it wasn't the starter, wasn't a spark/ignition issue or it would run lumpy. I started off by checking fuses and swapping over relays first. I had to google to find where the pump was and when I did I found someone suggesting giving it a whack and it worked.

Floppet likes this.
  25. big ron

big ron MOD

Also The Mallard <3 - I'm not a big train buff but that thing is a fucking beauty.

Floppet likes this.
  26. Kate

Kate most die in your bedroom

The edges are a bit sharp for that, surely?

A couple of Christmases ago I bought him a lovely Lego London bus. Then for his birthday my mum bought him a Lego plane. He took my bus apart to make the plane bigger. :evil: RUDE.

27. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

:D we still sell that London bus. Very popular

28. lolly

I'm watching Most Shocking Moments Of The 00s on 5. When did it all go wrong? :(

29. Ag

Ag User

Oh I'm a sucker for trashy C5 shows like that.