Saturday is broken

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by octophone, Aug 10, 2019.

1. octophone

octophone fucking ADMIN, bitches

Morning.

In the office.

Our main computer system is fucked.

This could be a loooooooooooooooooooooong day.

2. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I just went to a dam, and it was damn good

The sunscreen is holding up but it seems like I missed my thumbs, so they’re going to be a different colour for a while

3. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Next week's potw stats are going to be shit aren't they?

I'm not feeling it at the moment :(

4. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

What are you listening to?

5. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

Come dine with me. You?

6. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

Not even sure why, it's just on.

7. Halli

That's standard - same with 'four in the bed' just always on when you are doing nothing-and you have to watch the next ep

8. octophone

octophone fucking ADMIN, bitches

The noisy cunt in the next team is being super annoying today. I mean, it's about the only thing he's good at. Any male who wears a flat cap in their 20's who isn't bald is usually a cunt and he's not an exception.

9. Halli

HPOTW :disco:

octophone likes this.
  10. Ag

Ag User

I'm going out for a meal tonight with friends. I don't think I've ever worked so hard to arrange for 5 people to go out for food in my life.

11. Halli

Oh I know its a hardship isn't it - I've had to put group chats on mute trying to organise our bottomless brunches. Stressful

12. Ag

Ag User

I've never known so much miscommunication, offence and outrage over SO VERY LITTLE! And these are my absolute best mates!

Halli likes this.
  13. Halli

Oh yes,
    It got so bad that we have sorted each person each month is the lead, alphabetically, and that person, with consultation, decides the date and the venue. if you cant do it then you don't come but there needs to be at least 3 of us

Its my turn this month and we are going to Dirty Bones. You have no idea how much agg it was in terms of which Dirty Bones location - we have decided on soho, I wanted Shoreditch

14. lolly

We have a group of about 15 in total, who meet probably 5 or 6 times a year. One different person decides the date and the place and then people just confirm whether or not they are going. Usually it's between 8-12 of us who end up there, and I guess I go probably three quarters of the time - sometimes the date isn't convenient, or someone wants to go somewhere I don't (probably Indian). But I do think that's the best way of doing it once you get above about 6 or so people - you just have to accept that you're never going to please everyone all the time, and if you try, you'll invariably end up never going anywhere because you just end up pushing the date back and back to accommodate everyone.

15. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

I saw LADY A last week and she has INVITED HERSELF on HOLIDAY with us next month. She's already phoned up the place TO MAKE SURE THAT THE OUTDOOR POOL WILL STILL BE OPEN and now she is BOMBARDING ME with TEXT MESSAGES to ask whether I've made the BOOKING yet. This is why I never go out.

16. Rita

Rita User

What’s up Lolly?

17. lolly

Not sure really. I've been struggling with my back for just over two weeks now, and think it's started to get me down, though.

18. Rita

Rita User

I can 100% sympathise. I had an op on my back earlier this year and it really got me down. Do you know what the issue is? Go to a chiropractor pronto. I should have done that but put up with the twinges until it got to the stage it had to be operated on. Hopefully it is not anything near as serious, and can be sorted with a good bit of spine manipulation and deep tissue massage.

19. lolly

I've no idea. I get the odd twinge and sprain (who doesn't at my age), but it's never really come to anything before. But it just sort of pinged two weeks ago and then for a day or two was quite incapacitating, but it didn't feel more than a bad sprain in the lower back really - so when it started getting better after a few days, I thought no more of it. The discomfort never really went away, but it didn't stop me doing anything.

Then I noticed when I was watching the parade at Brighton Pride last week that all that time pretty much standing still seemed to weaken it - not to the extent it was, I just felt very aware of it feeling weak, if that makes sense.

Then on Tuesday afternoon it went horribly again while I was carrying some shopping. And this time with burning pain in my left buttock. I've made a GP appointment, but that isn't for nearly two weeks.

It is definitely better today, but still feels sore and very sensitive and I wouldn't trust myself lifting or pushing anything. Thankfully walking around is okay, at least.

I think having even a lower level of pain for a long time is just grinding me down. I've never experienced it before.

20. lolly

Yikes

We really should start that old cunts forum

21. Indie

Indie Skeptopotamus

There is one. You visited it recently.

22. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

HI!

23. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Count me in to the old bints forum! I will regale you with fantastical tales of hot flushes, irrational anger and the pressure of finding that perfect but unnecessary article to shoplift.

24. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Please don't go to a chiropractor or osteopath until you've spoken to your GP lolly. That burning pain could be sciatic nerve damage, it might not be and I hope it isn't, but Mr F's "groin strain" was accompanied by a burning pain down his leg and that was what made the BUPA doctor realise it wasn't the groin strain that the NHS had diagnosed and been treating for a year but a bulging disc. I'll keep my fingers crossed that yours is something and nothing and you're back to normal soon.

25. lolly

Yes, it was when I got the burning pain that I began to worry, as I understood that might be nerve related.

I did wonder about a chiropractor, or even doing stretches from YouTube and stuff, but decided against it until after I saw a GP as I worried I could make it worse.

I know that the ibuprofen get I usually use for sprains (or ibuprofen tablets) have made no difference. I bought some over the counter co-codamol which does seem to take the edge off a little, but I don't know if that's the codeine or the paracetamol. I should be seeing my mother tomorrow, and no doubt she'll be throwing everything she's got at me :D

26. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Ibuprofen won't help much, if your mum's got some 30/500 cocodamol give them a try.

27. Rita

Rita User

Sorry, I didn’t realise you also had a burning sensation in your lower back which as Floppet said could unfortunately be nerve damage. My GP was pretty awful and misdiagnosed me, but I shall hold off regaling horror stories until you have got the all clear.

28. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

I had the pain in my buttock thing too, it got really bad in my last pregnancy. I thought it was sciatica too. I was seeing a chiropractor though and she was amazing at sorting it out I must go back to her actually.