Slovenia 2019: Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl - Sebi

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by VoR, Feb 12, 2019.

1. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Slovenia select on Saturday, and they actually have a couple of rather tasty numbers in the lineup this year.

Kaos by Raiven is a total disjointed mess but also kinda fabulous. Would probably be too niche to qualify if they chose it, but it'd lend itself to a great stage show I think. I want SMOKE and LASERS.

Then there's this utterly shameless Avicii rip-off which would probably put them on safer ground in Tel Aviv.

Snippets of all the songs here

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019 at 9:12 PM
  2. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Judging you in Google Translate

Raiven’s song is a complete and utter train wreck. There’s no tune, no structure and way too up its own arse. She is famous though so would not rule out a win.

Kim’s song is fine, though has absolutely no originality, but then it’s never stopped a song doing well at Eurovision before. What HAS she done to her face though?

JESC contestant Ula Ložar is the only other one I can see winning but her song is a bit basic. Though I think her chances will depend on the performance. There’s lots of instrumental bits so I expect a lot of dancing.

3. Jætike

Jætike Gay horses eat hay

Kim, Ula and especially Raiven's songs went overboard with the technobeat.

Sending cock rock hardly ever works well.

The ambient songs might be a big hit or miss, depending on how they're staged. But since this is Slovenia, they'll likely be overlooked anyway, regardless of the popularity of the alternate genre. It's still not very ESC

4. Win_the_game

Win_the_game Heroine

Zala and Gasper won. I like it but that's going to do absolutely nothing in Tel Aviv.

5. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Agreed. Nice enough but a likely last place in the semi. Oh those SILLY SLOVENES.