Snap General Election - June 8th

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by Mugatu, Apr 18, 2017.

?

What will you vote for?

1. Conservatives

5.6%
  2. Labour

44.4%
  3. Lib Dems

24.1%
  4. SNP

11.1%
  5. UKIP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Green

7.4%
  7. Plaid Cymru

1.9%
  8. Northern Irish party

3.7%
  9. Other

1.9%
  1. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam Not Lana Del Rey

I don't think I ever truly attained hope to abandon it, but I've consigned myself to this election only making Theresa May stronger and more stable. I guess somewhere down the line when Brexit has made us all poorer and the NHS has imploded, at least the people of Britain will not be able to blame Labour for it.

2. Penelope

Penelope SMIRKING LESBIAN MOON

My hope has freefalled with the passing hours and I'm now thinking 45-32 and hellfire outside the cities.

3. Indie

Indie Great Tits IN THE SNOW

I'm thinking you're probably right.

4. Indie

5. Penelope

Penelope SMIRKING LESBIAN MOON

6. Indie

Survations final poll has called a 0.9% Tory lead.

7. Daniel

Daniel User

The local election / mayoral results, the better distributed and more dependable Tory vote and the open season to be had on the UKIP share of the electorate is all the bitter tonic I need to accept that the Conservatives have it in the bag and have done all along. The poor weather just adds that final brushstroke to the gloomy picture. Despite being an awful campaigner May will get enough of the landslide that was hoped for to placate the nerves of the party, although her days are clearly marked.

The reverse is true for Corbyn, as even with a net loss of seats, he seems to have proven his ability to be an excellent, unifying campaigner and has shored up reverent support in the young - especially the hitherto apolitical - that I don't think any challenger sniffing around his leadership could stand a chance. His popularity in the national campaign has secured his movement at least for now.

If the Conservative party continue to make implosive decisions with their increased majority and Corbyn keeps the momentum going from the positive exposure of this GE then I have hope the landscape will change enough for a Labour win by the turn of the next decade. Or maybe the constituency boundaries and isolationist fervour in large swathes of the country will screw us for a further generation. Brexit remains the ticking bomb.

The most depressing thought is that despite the unexpected galvanising of the youth, the engagement that I've seen even on a personal level of those around me, will all be for nothing when the seats are won and the battle lines remain the same. That wind being taken out of the sails and an opposition on the back foot again would be the worst result.

Whatever happens, I'll be voting for one third of the troika when I cast my ballot for comrade John McDonnell in a matter of hours. Dooming Britain has never felt so good x

Beverley, big ron and Ag like this.
  8. Eileen

Eileen All the better to see you with, my dear.

No, they'll just blame immigrants

Penelope likes this.
  9. Indie

WRONG
    HALF CORRECT
    CORRECT
    MASSIVELY CORRECT
    MASSIVELY CORRECT

that'll do.