So, the McCanns

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by JET BOY, Sep 11, 2007.

1. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

THEY DID IT (allegedly)

Today they confirmed blood found in the boot of their hire car was definately Madelines

It would definately be interesting if they did do it, even if just to see the reaction of all those people that put posters up everywhere, and all over facebook and myspace promoting Madelines disappearence. I think they genuinely would become the most hated couple the UK has seen in years and years

But at the same time, if they did do it, if something like this ever happens again, and the child was genuinely abducted I can't see the parents getting a huge amount of sympathy. Which is bad

2. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

The ONLY thing that makes me rule them out is the fact that they courted all this publicity.

3. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

A variation on Munchausen's Syndrome by proxy?

4. Kate

Kate she's for the streets BITCH

I don't get how her blood could be in the car if it was hired 25 days after she vanished... how would they have hidden her all that time?

5. Slave

Slave User

The inconsistencies with what leaks into the press are the only thing that is saving them at the moment I think. I watched the news when the story about them being made official suspects was breaking and besides the "suspected" (at the time) blood in the car and the deal apparently offered to Kate McCann, it seems like there's still a lot of confusion over the stance to be taken.

6. Ellie

To an absolutely huge scale. It's like when Ian Huntley voluntarily did those TV interviews.

7. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

My thoughts exactly

But also you have to remember once you get caught up in something, they might have felt they have to carry on and on to make it look like they were really trying

I really do hope its them. It might make the media reevaluate how they look at cases like this

8. jonhawk

jonhawk Bluffin' with my muffin

I think they already are amongst the most top hated couples on Moopy... Even if they didn't do it, they've still acted like pricks.

9. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

Summarise what this is.

If it's what I think it is, they've gone along with it just because it seemed like they could and in turn they believe it's true...

10. lolly

I thought I saw in one of the papers this morning that they think she was hidden in a church somewhere. Unless I misunderstood it.

11. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

nevermind

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  12. Ellie

I can never work out what the real story was with them going to that restaurant. They changed their story over how often they checked on the kids a couple of times. Surely someone at the place could have verified something about how long they were there for and if someone was constantly leaving and coming back.

13. jonhawk

jonhawk Bluffin' with my muffin

I bet they took her to the Vatican and hid her in St Peter's.

14. Slave

Slave User

Either way should the whole story ever come out it's going to make very interesting reading.

Surely if the McCann's had managed to hide the body when conducting their lives in front of the media it would show up some major police incompetency.

15. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I know they were never found guilty, but didn't JonBenet Ramsay's parents do a similar thing to the McCanns in terms of seemingly totally overcompenating in terms of the media they courted?

16. lolly

Well, that's when the parents of a child invent or induce an illness for their child, presumably for the attention (I think). So what I'm getting at (although my interpretation may well be shit) is that this is somehow an extension of that.

17. Ellie

Usually parents who make their children sick to get symapthy for themselves. Like that little sub-plot in The Sixith Sense with Mischa Barton.

18. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

If it was them the reaction against them is going to be absolutely immense

One thing the UK hates more than being taken for a ride, is being taken for a ride by a couple of intellegent posho doctors

I can see some of the lesser newspapers calling for a return of the death penalty, seriously

19. lolly

I just don't think ANYTHING about this story could shock me any more, because it's been so ODD from the start that nothing seems out of the question.

20. Kate

hmmm looks like police want to dig up an area around the church where the parents went to pray

21. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

It reminds me of A Dingo Ate My Baby story... It's one of those horrible stories like that the JonBenet's where the story and the media's interpretation of it becomes so much bigger than the death of a child.

22. Ellie

If they did do it I'm just really interested how they got away with stashing the body away without being followed anywhere :D

23. octophone

octophone The Electrocutioner

They were under intense media scrutiny from the moment they reported her missing - the world'd media was in like the proverbial shot. So, at what point, 25 days leter, did they have the chance to transport and dispose of a body?

24. octophone

Dammit, mere seconds late...

25. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw MONG DROPS

If it was them, god help any other poor family whose kids go missing...

26. Ellie

Maybe they made a deal with the Pope.

27. octophone

So they could run up a hill with no problems?

28. Sheena

As someone said earlier, there is NOTHING that would surprise me in this case- it's all been SO SURREAL from day one and is half the reason I've wondered about the McCanns= something just DOESN'T add up

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  29. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

Paparazzi shot of the McCanns relaxing at their home with their pet dog:

[​IMG]

No hints of remorse or emotion there.

30. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

:D

some forensics expert on the BBC said that this blood which has been found in the car might not be Madeline's, and could be one of the twins' because of some DNA ration thing which i wasn't really listening to or understanding..

I don't think they did it personally. To me, it looks like the portuguese police are under pressure from the rest of the world to find a conclusion to the story and having drawn a blank where it comes to who has Madeline, they have decided to pull the parents in the spotlight.

31. Kate

I read that... but the blood was in the boot - why would the twins have been in the boot?

32. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

I do think its interesting that all over the continent the parents have had negative press from the start whilst over here its been mainly positive

God knows how much spin is put on the stories we get about them over here

33. lolly

Has it really been negative from the start? Didn't their European tour gain them any fans?

34. Sheena

Some great racism in my office over all this. Ok, I agree the Portuguese police might be a BIT misguided and the whole "blood in the car" thing doesn't really add up, but the instant this broke, all we got was "Well this is ridiculous, the Portuguese legal system is CLEARLY backwards etc etc

It really is outrageous how the media has programmed ordinary human beings to baulk at anything anti-McCann...

35. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I made some innocuous comment to my family about how the McCann thing has been totally blown out of proportion a few weeks ago, and they all looked at me like I'd announced I was converting to Satanism.

36. lolly

I sense that IS turning though. People I never suspected would say anything anti-McCann are now getting suspicious.

37. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

Well I'm not 100% sure, but thats the impression I got

I was thinking mainly from when that female German reporter accused them of being involved which I'm sure was only about 2 or so weeks after it all started

I know the Portugese have been quite foul towards them

But then my friend recently put another argument across that the Portugese are trying to get it across that the parents are involved so that tourism in the area isn't affected which is an interesting take

38. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

oh i didn't know that. is that actually true or just speculation?

39. Kate

oh I can't remember where I read it now... can't find it on the BBC

40. TomLondon

TomLondon Well TomBrighton these days...

they found two bloodmatches didnt they ? one in the boot and one in the main part of the car ?