so, who IS going to contribute?

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Indie, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Indie

Indie Terrorvision synthesiser

and potential 10/10's have to ratified at a the AGM.:smoke:

2. Agnetha

Agnetha Guest

Well we should start a current playlist then... We need a snappy title... one song a person... TREAT. Shall I start a relevent topic?

3. Bunty's Magic Vegetable

Bunty's Magic Vegetable User

4. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

I'd go for it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2004
  5. Sild

Sild New balls please

*thumbs up*

6. Bunty's Magic Vegetable

Ooh! and we should have a forum for people to discuss the reviews... like to agree or disagree or whatever!

7. Agnetha

Agnetha Guest

8. Matthew

Matthew I am not a sandwich

Definite thumbs up to 'mooplist'! :D

9. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I want to contribute LOTS but I have no idea what Im doing with computer stuff so it would have to just be ideas and articles and reviews and shit like that Im afraid...

10. Sheena

With reviews, lets start off with 2004 stuff, or at least VERY recent. I am all for adding archive stuff in the end but for now we should get something up and running and make ourselves look modern and with it- not just posting 22 Madge reviews because we love her or something equally shite...

As for the quality control part, well Im still for it- I do agree that EVERYONE should contribute but lets face it, imagine what Daf is going to do with a review....

11. PJL

PJL User

Hmmm, even I'm tempted to do an album review...eg I could do Kraftwerk's Tour De France Soundtracks in March to coincide with the release of the Aero Dynamik single, and the British leg of their world tour.

12. Sheena

And I DEMAND a "Hidden Gem" column with an album and an album track/ unknown single that everyone MUST get a hold of each week, done by different users.

Kind of a mix between my OWN topic and Q's "You May Think Im Mad But..." column...

13. Matthew

Kinda like a book club, only... good?

I think, in the long run, quality control will definitely be important - even it's just someone proof-reading.

14. Sheena

Well without blowing me own trumpet, Id have to say if there was an editor type thing, it should be a team and I should be involved :D Lets face it, I proofread as part of my job for a start and should get hold of most errors and also have a decent way of wording things thanks to my job too...

Just a thought...

15. Matthew

I'll volunteer for that kind of thing, too - I can use apostrophes and spell 'definitely' :p

16. Agnetha

Agnetha Guest

Can I edit RETARDS?

17. Joey

Joey Mr

I'd like to do a weekly soap column, seeing as I watch all the major ones.

I'd include a review of the week gone by, what's coming up in the next week, spoilers for the future, gossip and speculation. All done in my own inimitable style :D

18. Sild

Sild New balls please

As a future English teacher I'd be more than glad to chip in with editing...

19. Joey

Joey Mr

One thing that I was thinking about on the tube just now is that we need a clear record as to who has contriibuted what financially.

If, in the future, we are able to start carrying advertising and making money out of this, then it will need to be partly put back into the site and partly distributed between the investors.

20. Agnetha

Agnetha Guest

Bollocks, it should go back to people... unless we're making THOUSANDS... we'll always need more space...

21. Indie

Indie Terrorvision synthesiser

about an hour ago, the word "contract" came to mind... but, hm..

22. octophone

octophone fucking ADMIN, bitches

Oh YES!

23. Joey

Joey Mr

I had an idea that I could do a regular column about my introduction to indie and rock music. Could make interesting reading about this kind of music being heard through a fresh, 'virgin' pair of ears.

24. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

edit: utter-off-topic irrelevant-shite-post

Last edited: Feb 3, 2004
  25. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I'd definately like to contribute to a sort of 'forgotten/underated songs' thingy.

26. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

As well as the content, have we thought about actual page structure of the site? As for reviews, do you just want it to be a stream of text, would you like hyperlinks in your text, perhaps text aligned to the right with a picture of album/single cover on the left and track information displayed. How about linkage to other related artists/articles? Plus the navigation has to be decent too. Also, a consistant visual style needs to be stamped on the thing. I love the logo, be nice if we could keep a nice consistant bright and brash, yet simplistic approach to the site.

Also, before we randomly set up all the features, it'd probably be good to set down the actual site structure on paper ... see where the links go, how they work.

27. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

Ideas I had from Snot:

How about keeping the forum 'pigeonholes' as wide as possible, that way you attract MORE people to each forum ... the most specific you make a forum, the more people you alienate from it. So perhaps:

Randomiscity
    Dance
    Alt Indie
    Urban
    Chart Action
    US Artists
    UK Artists
    TV & Media

Navigation is the key, simplicity is quite cool. The big Moopy logo is NICE, I like that. So click to enter, maybe have some Flash dissolve the title to reveal categories:

Reviews
    Forums
    Opinionated Rantings
    Gallery / Biog.

And then once you click on that, you break it down even further. Keeps the information on each page minimal, and pretty much keeps to the 'three clicks' rule nicely.

Meh?

28. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

For casual surfers, visual impact can be more important than actual content. You've got to hook them in visually first to get them looking deeper. Definately finding some way to back up our reviews, biogs and rantings with some form of visual flair would work MASSIVELY in our favour.

29. Toyah

Toyah LOON PANTS

I would like to do a special piece on Eurovision when it happens.

30. Bunty's Magic Vegetable

i'm experimenting with SSI... so we can do some navigation bits, then we'll have a couple of templates that we can just ADD to and then its finished... and stuff...

31. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

I like the idea of having pictures and linking to related articles!

32. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

A nice biography section on the writer/contributers would add a nice human touch to this too! Maybe we could get our own moopy.com email addys!

33. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Yes PLEASE!

Can Ellie get her borther in on the act too?

I'd love it if Betty could do a regular feature on classic disco albums too.