Spice Girls 2019 Reunion Tour (Confirmed)

Discussion in 'Spice Girls' started by dUb, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Jark

Jark User

Yes, but nobody in the seats fucking stands up so you have to sit there like you're at a library or get a load of agro from the people behind anytime you stand.

2. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

You’re like 8ft tall

TALL PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND THE STRUGGLE

Iguana likes this.
  3. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

Is anyone really going to be seated at a Spice Girls concert when Spice Up Your Life is on? Last time at the O2 everyone stood up the whole show! Well apart from Shitelines.

4. Iguana

Iguana One two CHA CHA CHA

I'm certain everyone will stand the whole way through. It's just whether you have your own dedicated space to stand in or not!

5. Rita

Rita User

Is the golden circle likely to have more space? I don’t want to be paying extra to be crammed like a sardine.

6. Jark

Jark User

Well even if Golden Circle has fewer tickets per square metre available, everyone's gonna push up to get as close to the stage as possible, so... no!

7. Rita

Rita User

What is the best option then? Do they not have balconies or something where I can sit and quaff warm champagne?

8. Devil

Devil I Need A House

Yeah I'm in two minds.

Fuck the VIP shit with a bag and a badge or something - but ticket wise I'm thinking the pricier seats (~£145) would be a lot nicer, less crammed, still able to top myself up on booze and have a good boogie. I think a couple of friends want to go to the golden circle but I'm not too much of a fan of standing (i.e. all the pushing etc) so I figure if we may as well get general standing if I'm not going to be up for pushing my way around.

Surely people won't be sat down in the seats? Especially those shelling out for good ones? I swear Steps was standing in all seats from the second Vengaboys opened until three hours later - and most similar types of these acts tend to be that as well?

9. Iguana

Iguana One two CHA CHA CHA

Can someone here not BEFRIEND GERU and get some backstage tix? It can't be THAT hard to get into her inner circle

10. Edward

Edward User

I know most moopy folk are of an age to feel nostalgic about the Spice Girls (considering you were all at that pre-pubescent loon gay-boy age during the height of their initial success) but how many of us are nonplussed about the reunion (and the group in general)?

Perhaps I remember things differently but I was surprised to learn for instance that Sheena was obsessed with them at one point.

11. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

I was 14 when they arrived. Never been a massive fan but never disliked them either. They were huge for that first year at my school, but boy bands and Indie Brit Pop still reigned supreme over them.

Went to the reunion tour which was really fun with my loon gay friend who is nearly 5 years older, so 19 at the time of Wannabe. He’s very excited now but I have no desire to see them at a stadium. I’d go if it was an arena with sub-£100 tickets, otherwise I’m nonplussed.

12. Edward

Edward User

I was 19 when they hit too (and I'm less than a year younger than Emma Bunton) and they just didn't float my BOAT at ALL.

Oh well. I guess you had to have been there.

13. Edward

Edward User

Also it didn't help that I found Mel B immensely irritating whenever I'd accidentally catch them on tv.

14. Mugatu

Mugatu onlyfans.com/mugatu

Nah, I don't really give a shit either, although I was very young when they were popular. My taste has changed, I'm more into urban now.

I'd never actively choose to listen to the music, it's not dated well, maybe it sounded better with the culture behind it. Doing it as a four feels like obvious money-grabbing, especially as a third reunion.

Diddy likes this.
  15. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Sorry to be po-faced but God I find the 'money grabbing' argument/memes BORING.

Of course they're fucking in it for the money! Are people really delusional enough to think that Kylie, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen or WHOEVER go on giant tours purely out of the love of the fans?

Enjoying the experience, respecting your fans and making a shitload of cash are not mutually exclusive. Nor is actually doing the job you've been most successful at something to be looked down upon.

But because it's a frivolous all-female pop group suddenly it's all "God they must be hard up (AS IF!) / money grabbing harridans!" etc.

Halli, Pipo, Pingu and 6 others like this.
  16. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Delete thread plz xx

dUb likes this.
  17. Slave

Slave User

I would say that the last reunion probably didn’t help matters on that count. For whatever reason, it all fell apart more quickly than was planned and the quality of the new material was dire.

I think in hindsight, everything about it felt like a calculated way to make a quick buck and then take off once they’d filled their pockets - whether intentionally so or not.

If nothing else this time, I think it would be really nice for the fans to feel that they’re reuniting predominantly because they want to.

18. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

The Spice Girls invented urban music with their 2000 single 'Holler'.

Whatevar, Pipo, Diddy and 6 others like this.
  19. Slave

Slave User

Leave Holler alone!

Whatevar and Diddy like this.
  20. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Tu cabeza, mi cabeza

Fuck Holler.

21. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Geri is probably saying the exact same thing.

22. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Tu cabeza, mi cabeza

How are they even going to perform that? Having Geri sing it is WRONG.

23. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

They'll have to add in an extra verse since they have a 4th singer now.

24. Mugatu

Mugatu onlyfans.com/mugatu

I mean yeah, I like some frivolousness, but I'm still not going to pay £130 for it. Just like I wouldn't pay that much to see Springsteen (cannot think of anything worse) or watch Jay Z rap about buying art galleries. I guess it just offends my hardline communist principles :angel:

25. Slave

Slave User

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them drop Holler.

Let Love Lead The Way
    should be easy enough to work in though, if they’re intent on peppering the show with saccharine ballads.

26. Rita

Rita User

Was Geri any more a competent singer than Victoria? I wouldn’t say so.

Pipo likes this.
  27. Rita

Rita User

Am I the only one who likes Holler? Yes, it is from an era which the fans would most likely forget but I think it sounds better in 2018 than a lot of the other material.

28. dUb

dUb BUSY

LOVE Holler

Whatevar likes this.
  29. dUb

dUb BUSY

Let Love Lead The Way can naff off

30. Slave

Slave User

I don’t understand your distaste.

It’s schmaltzy, gloopy and melodramatic. You’ve been eating up that shit from Mariah for three decades.

Pipo and dUb like this.
  31. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

They both sounded terrible live, but I'd say Victoria sounds better on record. To her credit, Geri sounds a lot more capable as a singer in recent appearances though.

32. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Neither are any great shakes, but Victoria has a much nicer voice than Geri IMO.

If you listen back to the records, there are some really nice Victoria moments (particularly on Say You'll Be There, Viva Forever and Goodbye).

It's probably fair to say that Geri exudes far more personality, but she's strikingly absent on a lot of the recordings.

33. Slave

Slave User

I like Victoria’s voice. It didn’t have the personality to sell the sort of material she was peddling on her solo album(s) but it was a nice counterbalance to the bigger/louder voices in the group.

34. Jark

Jark User

She's barely on Say You'll Be There :D she sings a grand total of four lines!

You'll rarely hear me say a bad word about VB but Geri's voice is stronger for sure.

35. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Yeah, on the flipside to Victoria having the 'nicer' voice, there's no way she would have had the chutzpah to sell the solo material Geri had her greatest success with. There's definitely something to be said for having the confidence to massively overreach your abilities. :D

Sometimes I don't recognise my own face...

36. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Yes but they're the best four lines of the song. :disco:

Geri gets some memorable lyrics ("If you put two and two together..." for example) but I don't think she's ever any more than just-about competent on them.

37. Slave

Slave User

Every time I listen to Lift Me Up, it amazes me that there was so much hype and goodwill towards ANYONE with that little vocal capability to make it a #1 single.

Arguably LESS talented acts have reached #1. But few of them were actually TRYING.

38. Rita

Rita User

Lift Me Up is TERRIBLE.

39. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I unabashedly love it. :D

The key change is still one of the most astonishing things I have ever heard.

40. Rita

Rita User

Looking back Geri was always my favourite although I was never keen on her voice.