SCD Strictly '17

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Sharla, May 9, 2017.

1. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Now Len has finally fucked off (PRAISE THE LORD!) his replacement has been announced and it's a WOMAN!

She's called Shirley!
    Shirley's in her fifties!!
    Shirley is from Merseyside!!!
    Shirley is called The Queen Of Latin!!!!
    Shirley's ex husband is fellow dancer Corky Ballas!!!!!
    Shirley and Corky's son is Dancing With The Stars dancer Mark Ballas!!!!!!
    Shirley and Corky divorced after the dirty old dog had an affair with Strictly star Kristina Ribbentrop!!!!!!!
    Shirley becomes the show's 4th permanent female judge, when there's only been three permanent male judges!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

ARLENE AGOG and FUMING

3. Blake

Blake User

Natalie Lowe has quit and one of the Cliftons is off too (probably the sister after winning last year).

4. Steptacular

Steptacular User

She even looks like her!

5. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

The female pros seem to have a high turnover, Natalie must have been the longest serving left.

Kevin or Debbie to go please, Karen doesn't bother me.

6. Treacle

Treacle User

She actually looks like a Scouser.

7. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Has Anton had a baby recently or am I confusing him with Lembit Opik?

8. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

Twins I believe.

9. straightorbroken

straightorbroken Trust the Duchess

She does look a bit like Arlene (if she started having those Sarah Harding detox shakes).

10. Ag

Ag User

Mollie King and Kush from Eastenders announced so far.

11. Ag

Ag User

Oh and Ruth Langsford.

12. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Mollie a shoe-in for the final, filling the blonde 20-something popstar role.

Big excitement over the thought of Kush's arse in dancing pants.

I wish we could have EastEnders Les as Christine instead of Ruth. They should've got Eamonn as well!

13. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

I'm frothing at the rumours of THE BEAST'S involvement this year.

14. Mugatu

Mugatu Can I be gay in the Army?

I demand a full reconstruction of the Start Without You video (before Alexandra is booted out in Week 3, the Strictly audience is more racist than the KKK)

Penelope and monsta like this.
  15. Steptacular

Steptacular User

If the BEAST is on the line-up I will kill a bitch to get audience tickets so I can turn up in an OK.com t-shirt and throw my signed copy of Heartbreak On Hold at her mid-rumba.

16. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

Erm. Ore. Alesha... ok two out of 14 but still.

17. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

A celeb is still more likely to be voted off early if they are not white or not British though, aren't they?

18. Mel

Mel User

Alesha is mixed race, ol' One-Drop-Kala. The audience probably told themselves it was a deep tan.

19. Steptacular

Steptacular User

[​IMG]

Chomping at the bit for Reverend Richard's salsa!

20. Kalabaliken

Joe McFadden is also doing it. He's the TOTTY this year.

Rumours are that RUNT from JLS has also signed up. The same person who was a judge on Sky's Got To Dance.

21. lolly

Please God there's better totty than Joe McFadden. I'd prefer the EastEnders guy for one, but I still need at least one more decent arse and chest to excite me.

22. Steptacular

Steptacular User

That little prick Aston's doing it.

23. Ag

Ag User

THE BEAST confirmed.

monsta likes this.
  24. wurst

wurst User

Awww good luck to her!
    An utter national disgrace she isn't (still) a national treasure

25. lolly

DRIP DROPPING WAY DOWN LOW :disco:

26. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Good career move to be fair, it's a chance to win back some favour and might lead to The Boy Does Nothing '18.

That fit Paralympian Jonnie Peacock, and good old Debbie McGee are doing it too. I could've sworn Debbie had already done it.

27. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

I really need to have Debbie McGee dancing to How Much Is That Doggie In The Window

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Commotion likes this.
  28. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

WHAT A FUCKING LINE UP!

29. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Jonnie Peacock's also an absolute treat.

30. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Just realised it's rematch time for Aston and Alexandra.

31. Kalabaliken

Aston is the current favourite followed by Alexandra then Mollie. I suppose going on previous years that seems about right.

32. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

The Beast is such an incredible booking.

WHAT A WOMAN.

I really hope Dame Debbie of the Dogs Trust isn't lumbered with Fucking Anton.

Ag likes this.
  33. lolly

A BLACK one-two? :o

If Johnny Peacock is half decent and can have the fabled journey, I reckon he's got it in the bag.

34. lolly

I don't want Susan Calman to be first out, but there must be a good chance of it.

35. lolly

Poor Susan is getting it in the neck for agreeing to dance with a man it seems.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/strict...calman-tearful-over-lgbtq-community-backlash/

Susan Calman launched a passionate defence against critics in the LGBTQ community who are disappointed about her choice to dance with a man on Strictly Come Dancing.

The stand-up comedian and I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue regular has faced some backlash for not pressuring Strictly bosses to allow her to dance with a female professional partner.

However, Susan made it clear to Digital Spy and other media earlier in the week that she was never actually interested in becoming half of the BBC One show's first-ever same-sex pairing.

"No, I'm absolutely not disappointed," she insisted. "My decision was to dance with a man! I want to dance with a man, and I think sometimes, politically, there's nothing more powerful than having an openly gay woman on the biggest show on television, whose wife is in the front row, doing what she wants to do.

"Because for the gay community to criticise me and try to get me to do what they want to do is, I think, as difficult as suggesting the straight community are [putting pressure]. No-one is holding me hostage in this room, making me wear a dress and dance with a man. I want to learn how to dance!"

The comic defiantly continued: "I have protested. I have picketed. I have fought. I have been spat on. I've been punched. And I want to dance! For the gay community, specifically, there will be a time for same-sex dancing. I think what annoyed me slightly is that I seem to be getting it in the neck. Will Young didn't get it. Judge Rinder didn't get it.

"And [this year's contestant] Richard Coles isn't getting it! It seems to me, as a woman, that he's not getting it the same way I am. For me to be getting it is, I think, unfair because I seem to be getting the brunt [of criticism from] the LGBT community.

"It's making this about my sexuality, instead of a woman wanting to learn how to dance. No-one can say I haven't stood up for my community. The idea that people are depressed by it or upset by it, I think, offends me because I've done f**k of a lot for that community!"

When asked if she felt a responsibility to break new ground on the show, Susan argued that it wasn't fair to put the hopes of an entire community on her shoulders.

"My decision, which I've clearly stated, is that I want to dance with a man and I want to learn how to ballroom dance," she said. "Now, if someone else wants to do [same-sex dancing], that's fine.

"But to put the weight of the LGBT community on me, and changing platforms and changing perceptions, is unfair, upsetting and is ignoring the impact that I will have in the biggest show on television with my wife in the front row and my parents there… It's become a bigger deal than it should have."

Fellow competitor Richard Coles told us at the same event that he supports same-sex couples on Strictly Come Dancing… and even volunteered to be the first!

"I'm very happy to volunteer to dance with Aljaz," he declared. "Anywhere. Any place. Any time."

36. lolly

And from her Facebook page

My Strictly journey starts tonight. I'm loving it. I also monitor my own page so

1. If you disagree with me dancing with a man that's fine. That's your opinion. But I have argued about this for weeks and I'm getting sick of it. It's my choice, I'm happy, please feel free to chat amongst yourselves but don't harangue me on here. I'm a gay woman on the biggest show on TV and my wife will be sitting in the front row on the live shows. I think that's pretty cool. I've been an LGBT advocate for years, this doesn't change my desire to fight for equality. I wanted to dance with a man. Please accept my ability to make my own decisions. The BBC aren't forcing me to do anything.

2. I'm not the best dancer, but I am having the most fun. Again if you think I'm awful or fat or terrible please feel free to keep that to yourself. Seriously. Last year I sat at home watching the show never thinking I would have the guts to do it, and I am.

3. It's a fun show. I'm having fun. That's the point. I might last a week or 5 weeks. I don't care. I'm having the time of my life. Please enjoy it as much as I am

4. Thanks for all the lovely comments about me doing the show. As I say I read all of them and they have really helped me.

Have a glass of Babycham at 7pm tonight and have fun!

37. Finn

Finn User

I'm a handwringing woke BORE about pretty much all things gender related, but i find the calls for gay contestants to dance with their own sex a bit odd

BALLROOM DANCING IS NOT FUCKING.

Ag likes this.
  38. Ag

Ag User

How do you feel about he GODAWFUL Noel Fielding homophobia "scandal" which about three tweets formed a news story.

39. lolly

FUCK OFF ANTON

40. lolly

I wonder jf the semi hot ginge will get a partner or just be chorus again this year?