SCD Strictly Come Dancing 2011

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by FetchFugly, Jun 15, 2011.

1. cwej

cwej User

I actually wanted Lulu to stay over Audley. :o That's saying something. I think he's a nicer person, but I do think he's reached his dancing potential.

2. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

I think Alex is coming across fine on this and I wasn't keen before. I thought her Quickstep this weekend wasn't nearly as good as the judges made out though.

Bitter old Lulu has been MINGEING about how the Strictly bosses shouldn't have paired her with well known giant Brendan Cole. Knew it wouldn't take long...

3. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

They paired a MASSIVE CUNT with a MASSIVE CUNT

The BBC risked a CUNT IMPLOSION, but rather that than inflicting each of them on someone reasonably nice.

4. FetchFugly

The atmosphere was AMUSINGLY ARCTIC between them on ITT tonight. Lulu was making a lot of blah de blah noise about how lucky she was to have had the experience etc but Brendan really wasn't playing along.

5. Commotion

Commotion User

I'm shocked the public voted Lulu off.

She is a much loved, iconic queen of music, stage, screen. She's so young looking and has never had plastic surgery (but impishly, she acknowledges that she wouldn't be against the idea, if she ever needed it.)

Being such a chameleonic legend, Lulu has a range of accents, to suit any range of moods - mid Western American drawl, posh BBC newsreader accent, fiery wee Scottish Lassie (not the dog, mind you).

She has her own skincare range, and she fucked a Bee Gee.

Oh dear. I think I need to vomit.

6. lolly

Strictly Come Dancing contestant Lulu has criticised the BBC for making a "mistake" by pairing her with Brendan Cole.

The 'Shout' singer blamed her exit from the ballroom competition last night (November 6) on the height difference between her and Cole.

"He was far too tall for me to dance with," she told The Mirror. "I'd started to tolerate Brendan, but it was a mistake being partnered with him in the first place.

"You are supposed to be just a little shorter than the male partner, but I was staring at his chest the whole time we were dancing."

Lulu added that she was more devastated by her Strictly elimination than she let on during the show.

"I put a brave face on for the cameras and then cried when I got home," she revealed. "I'll miss Strictly so much. I know everyone says this but it really does feel like being part of a family."

Lulu previously admitted to being "horrified" by her partnership with Cole.

7. lolly

How did the viewing figures compare with X Factor last weekend?

8. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

I do like the way old LOOLS is always referred to as the 'Shout' singer, implying that she has done NOTHING OF VALUE since that was a hit in 1946. Which is FAIR ENOUGH

9. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

Does she still deny existence of the Eurovision Song Contest?

10. Kratz

Kratz Pearl in the shell.

I remember Jessica Garlick calling her out on it, possibly on 'An Audience With...'

11. lolly

Anyone want to sign the petition for Lulu to win a lifetime achievement at the Brit Awards?

http://www.lulubapo.com/

12. Shirley

... ... ...!

13. lolly

Something she shares with DEAR MENLY

14. Shirley

Forgive me, I have SIGNED the PETITION :shy:

15. FetchFugly

Holly V is dancing with Brendan this Saturday (though Artem is still choreographing) because of Artem's injured back.

16. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

She can impale herself for all I care - if Artem is not dancing I have no interest in seeing her with Brenda. She's a good dancer but she's boring and emotes NOTHING.

17. Shirley

I think that petition may become my new OBSESSION

18. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

Len Goodman and his obsessive hatred of Aliona (who did a GREAT choreography today) and constant abuse of Craig is really starting to sour this programme for me now - time to retire love. I even have more respect for Alesha these days.

19. Rhythmbarbican

Rhythmbarbican User

Len just comes across as a sad angry old man these days. He's the same on Dancing With the Stars and his hatred of Maksim Chmerkovski and general moaniness.

Russell is starting to grate now, he was fun at first but I just cringed throughout tonight.

20. FetchFugly

I'm usually the first to hate on Aliona but I thought the Argentine Tango she did with Harry was excellent. Len giving Anita a higher score considering how unsteady she looked at points (as per) was quite ludicrous. What is really annoying about Len is that is fine for him to have a contrary opinion but not for anyone else.

21. straightorbroken

straightorbroken Trust the Duchess

I miss having Lulu flung about by Brendan like battered haggis outside the corinthian taxi rank, but keep missing harry/dan/whatshisfacefromthanband with his pecs.

22. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

I was so sad to see Anita in the bottom 2 but it was inevitable at some point fairly early on, I guess. Always mid-table with no fanbase to speak of. I hope she'll get a bounce this week, she's by far the most entertaining.

23. FetchFugly

I thought it was going to Alex or Anita in the bottom two this week, though I was leaning towards Alex as it was probably one of Anita's better weeks and she was doing an AT which usually goes down well. I want to like Anita but it does feel like she has been scored very generously thus far and she comes across as maybe a bit sickly sweet for my tastes.

24. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

This Wembley show is a mess - I think everyone is dancing worse than last week. Anita has been particularly atrocious, but surely it's time for Russell to go? He keeps doing the same hands up in the air and leg kicks every week never mind what the dance is.

I think Kristina is bringing her whip out tonight after Jason's mess-up - the desperation in this couple is reaching breaking point levels!

25. Samuel

Samuel User

Russell & Flavia and Holly & Artem in the bottom 2.

Russell OUT (and PROUD)

26. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Well I'm not surprised by that result, but I'm VERY surprised by the other couple :(

And I agree, Wembley was a MESS (is that where they were, they HARDLY MENTIONED IT)

27. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

I CAN'T believe at the other couple in the bottom two.

It was my favourite routine of the night.

Can't they get rid of ROBBIE? UGH

28. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I knew Holly wouldn't get much public support. Depressed housefraus can only accept pretty, talented girls if they're totally sexually unthreatening and appear in their favourite soap opera.

29. straightorbroken

Well, I wasn't surprised at the other couple in the spoiler as the venue did at least gives us a chance to hear who was getting noticeably quieter cheers, etc.

30. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

Oh i really liked the wembley show! It was a bizarre hot mess to start with (which kept me GLUED) and then i thought it settled into the extra space much better than i thought it would, and i liked the atmosphere.

I think it's actually the only episode of Strictly EVER that i've watched 100% of, too. It beat X Factor as well again last night, so it must have done something right for a few floating viewers too.

I liked Russell being shot out of the canon, but my highlight was definitely Chelsee doing Spice Up Your Life in a union jack dress. Her or Harry to win pls. Nothing personal to him, but i'd like Jason Donovan to fuck off.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  31. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

I hope they have a GOOD musical guest tonight to make the most of them being at Wembley?

32. TurnerPrize

Daniel O'Donnell

33. TurnerPrize

Oh actually it's James Morrison and Jessie J.

NOT AS GOOD

34. COB

COB Hog Frenzy

Guess who's doing the Xmas special :su:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  35. David

David Misanthropic Old Bastard

Who cares? There's Su Pollard and Charlie Brooks.

36. Rhythmbarbican

Rhythmbarbican User

37. straightorbroken

Simon will be good value if it's Latin. I'm really not into suits - on Strictly I need to see pecs and ass otherwise it's no fun.

38. FetchFugly

Looking at the line-up I'm sure Simon will be doing latin, and Katya wasn't shy about putting Gavin Henson's dubious charms on display last year.

39. TurnerPrize

Wasn't the new style christmas special meant to be for contestants who'd never be able to do a full series because they were so in demand? I'm now thinking THAT's gone out the window.

40. Kevin

Kevin Niet meer zo lang geleden

Much better than anything on X-Factor last night.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/De1fn1kDqHw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/De1fn1kDqHw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>