Sunday is off to the seaside

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Sheena, Aug 2, 2020 at 10:02 AM.

1. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

MORNING LOVES!

So I spent a lot of yesterday listing my Madonna collection on Discogs for sale and overnight have made about £400!! Which is delightful considering I sold about £350 of it last week and actually got rid of all the things that were properly worth stuff about 3 years ago and this is just the "dregs" and the things that I didn't think were going for enough money at the time a few years back.

So I got up at 5 and have spent 5 hours finishing the rest and have done the rest of the 12"s, all the (admittedly mostly worthless) 7"s and just the CD singles to go now... :disco:

Suedey and Whatevar like this.
  2. Ag

Ag User

I'm off to a 9 year old birthday party! Thankfully there will be gin!

big ron likes this.
  3. Tisch

Tisch Superwomaning

Careful you don't call any of them cunts!

Kate and big ron like this.
  4. Whatevar

Whatevar WHAT!

I’m off to Periwinkle Tea Rooms with the in-laws.

5. Sheena

Mr Sheena has declared August "BOOZE FREE" and I'm not sure I can cope.

6. Suedey

Suedey Run Away With Me

I've been on a self imposed Discogs purchasing BAN but I may have to cancel that :eyes:

7. Sheena

Do you still actually "collect", though? I mean, I'm not dumping any vinyl albums or anything you'll ACTUALLY PLAY :D

Suedey likes this.
  8. Rita

Rita User

Good Morning my darlings. We are off to my cousins 50th garden party today. I have stayed sober all weekend so am likely to let my hair down today.

9. Rita

Rita User

It’s just started pissing down. Maybe time to replan my outfit. :angry:

10. joanne

joanne the 1

OOH is this where everyone hangs out? i feel left out!

11. joanne

joanne the 1

BOOZE FREE AUGUST?

there are 3.7 billion men in the world. end it.

ZenGiraffe, Lucille and Sheena like this.
  12. Sheena

I am TRYING to get my HEALTH back on, but it's just the WRONG TIME OF YEAR, BABE

joanne likes this.
  13. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

I'm going to technically break the law by going to my mum's tonight for a chinese (sorry Lu). If anybody questions me I'm only going round to repair her iPad so that we can FaceTime again. It's not like Apple send out engineers on home visits for that kind of thing so I'm being her "repairman". Not my fault if she orders too much food so I have to stay and help her eat it.

You'll never take me alive coppers!

COB, Gangsta Nancy Lam and Soldi like this.
  14. Suedey

Suedey Run Away With Me

There are different layers of Madonna 'collecting' aren't there? I draw a line at collecting identical albums from different territories (:zombie: ) but I have a few gaps in my M singles (mostly US maxi singles and a couple of picture discs...) :disco:

15. Suedey

Suedey Run Away With Me

I think I may also go for a booze-free August!

16. Ag

Ag User

I am NOT going for a booze free August. I've done well with drink this year and I'm going to celebrate hitting 40 with a coma if I have to!

Kate, ZenGiraffe and Suedey like this.
  17. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

August and December are the only months that I'm not booze-free. The alcohol I get through in those two months wouldn't last some of you a weekend! :D

18. Sheena

Plenty of those are being FLOGGED. But I've not gone CHEAP...I tend to put in my discogs sales higher than I expect than gradually reduce the cost- and so I'm OVERJOYED with last night's "wins"! I've just listed a load now though that won't be on the want list mailout until tonight...

Suedey likes this.
  19. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I'm back in my London flat and LOVING it

It's a lot more lively around here than it was in MAY

20. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Maybe this is for the official Corona thread, but I'm totally over people bleating on about the RULES and how confused they are and about how they're going to circumvent them.

Good for you I suppose, but having a think about why they might have been brought in might not be a BAD THING.

21. jyxz

jyxz User

In the doghouse for drunken sleepwalking. Again.

22. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Maybe I'm being a bit tetchy here, it wouldn't be the first time, but I feel that this might have been aimed at me due to my post about repairing my mum's iPad. Apologies to you if it wasn't.

For me personally the rules, especially the northwest local lockdown ones, are wholly contradictory. My mum's been shielding and has had nobody else in her house except for the dead husband/dad times when it was necessary. I was shielding then in isolation up to ten days ago (due to Mr F's impending surgery) then shielding again since. I've popped into work for an hour this week to pick stuff up and I popped to Tesco last night because I couldn't get a delivery in time for the tortoise food. I wore a mask, did my sanitizing before going in and re-sanitized before touching the car-key, boot or steering wheel when I came out, the store had very few customers and my office only had three staff in different rooms. All the things I've been doing since March. We both consider that the risk from me to my mum is minimal and are happy to risk it. Under the local rules I am now not allowed to see my mum either in her house or her garden but we could both arrange to go to a public pub, gymnasium or restaurant and accidentally-on-purpose see each other where there will be many other people who we have no idea where they've been or who they've been in contact with. I am, by law, not allowed in my mum's garden yet a cleaner, nanny or repairman is allowed in her house when, again, we have no idea where these people have been previously or who they've been in contact with. The same laws told me that, from yesterday, both of us no longer need to shield. I have stuck to every rule they've made and so has my mum and we're happy to do so when the rules make sense but these local ones don't make any sense. My sister in Dorset hasn't seen my mum since early January, she stuck to the rules and didn't come up for my dad's funeral in May, and yesterday was the first time she'd have seen us. To have that cancelled the night before left my mum heartbroken and I'm buggered if I'm letting my mum feel like that on top of the absolute nightmare she's gone through since January. My sister has stayed at home in Dorset, she isn't breaking our local rules, but I'm going to because this isn't about Covid-19 and a Government who care more about the economy than people, this is about looking after my mum and if some Government fucker can say he's gone for an eye-test to Barnard Castle and get away with it scot-free I can bloody well drive three miles and I will be giving my mum a hug and eating a chinese with her and damn the consequences.

dmlaw, Ag, Rita and 10 others like this.
  23. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

#istandwithfloppet

Alex, octophone and Floppet like this.
  24. Suomi

Suomi User

Blame the government, not the people

Ag, Alex, Star and 1 other person like this.
  25. Suomi

Suomi User

You don't need to explain yourself, the rules have been deliberately confusing and contradictory so that we start to blame each other rather than the leadership.

Kate likes this.
  26. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

My parents are at my house and were here last night with my inlaws. The idea I can ‘legally’ meet them at the Trafford Centre, then the pub, then a restaurant, but they couldnt come and sit in my garden last night is just fucking absurd.

Ag, Alex, Chlammy and 2 others like this.
  27. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

Exactly this, its entirely deliberate that the govt are setting it up so we bicker and argue amongst ourselves to distract from them. On that note, we’re off to Escape to Freight Island

28. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Oh Suomi my love, you don't need to tell me the game our overlords are playing. I'm the girl with the tinfoil hat. As a teacher you're fully aware of the nonsense they've been pulling and the dangers associated with following their rules to you and your own loved ones. Divide and conquer and leave the peasants fighting between themselves is the goto remit of this bunch of overpriviliged fascists, and this bunch of fascists and their chums make a lot of money from it.

Suomi likes this.
  29. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I'm off to my mum's for lunch now, and I'm still not entirely sure if I'm allowed to do that.

As much as I've been seeing her regularly (first at a distance when dropping shopping off, then meeting in the park or a walk around the harbour, and now to her flat), I haven't hugged, kissed or even touched her for nearly five months. No fucker is going to tell me I'm being irresponsible in the face of what we've been told or shown by our glorious overlords.

Rita, Sheena, Suomi and 1 other person like this.
  30. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Do you try and pee in the wardrobe when you do it? Mr F used to.

31. Ag

Ag User

I've just been stung by a wasp!

32. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

So what if they're a contradictory TO YOU.

It's CRYSTAL CLEAR that staying away from other people will help stop the proliferation of this.

33. Sheena

Whilst I am FAR from a TRUMP SUPPORTING MILITANT FLAG WAVER about this, for some people that is MASSIVELY detrimental to their mental health. It's just not as simple as that! Whilst I am loathe to EVER support anything this government does and JESUS CHRIST has this been a dramatically dreadful cock up from start to finish, one thing I DO agree with is that they HAD to ease lockdown. There would have been riots otherwise. I know towards the end of the first phase of lockdown, I was going FUCKING SPARE at not having real contact with people and I was one of the lucky ones in that I still got to go to my office and spend lots of outdoor time. I do think people should GET OFF THEIR HIGH HORSE when they really can't understand everyone else's circumstances or deal with them in one (annoyingly arch) FELL SWOOP.

dmlaw, Ag, Indie and 7 others like this.
  34. Suedey

Suedey Run Away With Me

Oh noes!

35. Suomi

Suomi User

No, it’s not.

Ag, big ron, COB and 1 other person like this.
  36. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

So are you suggesting that it's safer if I legally go to a socially-distanced pub or restaurant to see her where I have no idea who has been sat at my table before me, what germs they were carrying, was it sanitized properly by the staff after they left, what germs are on the crockery, cutlery, flatware or glassware being presented to me or whether that cough from six feet away is riddled with undiagnosed, asymptomatic virus than to go to her house where there is literally no chance of any Coronavirus being present that will infect me and the minimal, at very best, risk from me to her?

My way is literally reducing any spread that could conceivably happen to only two people, me and my mum. Adhering to the Government's laws would increase that risk to us and others exponentially.

I'm wholly with you on the staying away from other people situation by the way, you'll get no argument from me on that, but this is surely an example of the common sense that the Government needs us to apply if we want to get through this. If it was up to me we'd have all been locked in until the virus died out but that's not a workable solution either for mental health or the economy.

Ag, Kate, Alex and 4 others like this.
  37. jyxz

jyxz User

Not yet....

Apparently I’m looking for the toilet though, so it may only be a matter of time

38. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

If it's any help for the future I later discovered that once he stopped and began his pee preparations if I could grab his arm, get him moving again and steer him towards the bathroom he would be fine once I positioned him in front of the toilet. He never remembered anything about it next morning.

Mr F always tried to pee somewhere he shouldn't when he went sleepwalking, and it was only when he was drunk, never sleepwalked sober. The first instance with me happened at my mum's house, he sleepwalked into the kitchen, leaned against the kitchen cupboard and pissed inside my dad's workbag containing his overalls and everything he was taking to work the next morning at 6am.

39. Sheena

So remember I was talking about this and how I had made £400 overnight and was listing the rest just to see if the people who had already ordered wanted anything more?

So far, I've made £1000 today... :D :disco:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 9:44 PM
    Whatevar, Suedey, jyxz and 1 other person like this.
  40. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

The peking sauce from my spare ribs leaked all over the passenger seat of my car. :(