Sunday offers an exciting world of new choices

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Ag, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Ag

Ag User

Greetings.

2. Ag

Ag User

We got semi drunk last night, no black outs, just a bit pissed up. It was quite lovely and we only feeling slightly rogue this morning, which is nice.

3. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I decided not to drink at the 40th birthday we went to and so was tucked up by midnight and up at 6:30 this morning. Sticking to one weekend night drinking may be a future plan- two weeks in a row now and work on Monday no longer seems quite the daunting prospect it was...

4. octophone

octophone ADMIN, bitches!!

My dreams are so fucked up right now but I am such an amazing architect when I'm asleep. OK, some of my constructions appear to defy the laws of physics but I think, with a decent draughtsperson and a can-do attitude, I could be onto something...

5. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

I have not had a drink in about a month, and not planning on one till November, I know that sounds extreme and is a complete change for someone like me who is used to drinking EVERY weekend, but I can't explain how much better I have felt all round. Even the Monday DREAD has been more managable

6. Sheena

I have really weird dreams since I started on PrEP. Albeit, that I think it's stress related as such. Not scary, as such, but really vivid and real and often in which people I love and trust (my Mum) for example are just really REALLY fucking nasty to me.

7. Sheena

Mr Sheena has done the same since June. I'm actually finding it really difficult- I didn't marry a tee-totaller and going out was always such a big part of our lives. I know it sounds massively selfish and I KNOW I need to cut down, but I struggle a lot as he currently isn't interested in going to the pub etc....

8. octophone

It's partly coming off Sertraline....my next journey into side-effect hell will be with Mirtazapine so I'll probably be fat as well as knackered and in full psychedelic dream mode. Bring it on.

9. octophone

I've *almost* given up drinking - I can tell you the last 3 times I had a drink - April 2016. October 2016 and May 2017. That said, quite enjoyed it May 2017.

10. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I only did coke last night, thinking I'd take it slow and I ended up not being able to sleep well. :gross:

11. Halli

Yeah that's not what you signed up for :D
    With me, I am still going to pubs and meals out etc so it isn't really changing much, yeah I doubt I will be in a club till 4am sober but it's not stopping me doing anything, I am finding myself having an even better time! I never thought I would say that

12. Ag

Ag User

I'd love no reason to drink but Rebecca Black nailed it. You GOTTA GET DOWN on Friday.

Not that I did this week. Instead we ate our body weight in cheese, humus, biscuits, chutney and spanish meat, which was fucking glorious.

@Sheena judging by my own standards, I have thought you have probably over done it a bit for a few years now.

monsta likes this.
  13. Indie

Indie Go away, Wesley

I had wine last night. It was delicious.

Sheena likes this.
  14. Sheena

Oh absolutely. That I'm not denying. Obvious thing, innit? No dependents, plenty of cash, can do what the fuck I like. I'm not saying it's a good thing, quite the opposite, but I don't really quite know how to change it or whether I actually want to.

I'm long beyond clubbing, though...fuck that shit!

15. Halli

I think that's the best way. There's no way I am NOT going to Ibiza next year, and no way I am not enjoying nights out drinking like for my leaving do in November, bank holidays, birthdays and Christmas etc. I like drinking but it just interferes too much with my week and really gets in the way of fitness and diet etc.

16. Ag

Ag User

I guess being on the poorer side of being an ageing queen has given me limits, but even when I have the available funding I do struggle to do as I once did.

Yes, fuck clubbing. WHO were all those old queens in nightclubs?

17. Sheena

I also wonder if it's about the way I did things- I didn't really touch drugs until I was 32, for example.

I've always been a booze fiend, though...

It makes me shudder. The last time I went to a gay club, I found the whole thing massively, massively awful. Everyone was (actually) 20 and and under, making me old enough to be their Father, I knew no one of the community. I have no problem with any of that (I hadn't been clubbing properly at least for 2 or 3 years before this time, which was about 18 months ago now) but it did give me an instant realisation that this world was one I was no longer part of and didn't want to be...

18. octophone

I was a right booze monster at one point and was a bit of a late starter, late 20's - well, when I moved to within walking distance of my favourite hang-outs really. Ended up with a wee bit of a problem 10 years ago and went completely dry for a year, just to see if I could. I could. It's sort of slowly fallen out of my orbit ever since.

19. Ag

Ag User

Ah! I got through that phase when I was younger. I suspect I've touched white drugs about twice in the last three years. I have upped my weed intake lately, but nothing like it was. Moderate amounts of binging sums up my booze habits these days.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  20. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara MIRA-! MIRA- MIRA-!

I've been drinking far too much of late and worse, at home alone, not assisted by hardly any work coming in and having free rein to be completely chaotic. Mind you, better than doing it in Wetherspoons. Thought I'd get out of the flat for once and pop there as a treat - I KNOW RIGHT - sat down, looked around at the clientele and thought OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I BECOME?

21. Sheena

I always did hate weed. I'm must more an "upper" than "downer" kinda girl...

22. Sheena

Not drinking alone is a rule I let go occasionally but usually keeps me on the straight and narrow.

23. Halli

Oh I love a good wetherspoons :disco:

24. Ag

Ag User

I never ever drink on my own any more. There were some real low points for me back in the day doing that.

25. octophone

The times I was nearly in trouble came either after I'd been drinking alone before going out or carrying on once I'd got home so that's a rule for me.

26. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I only ever drink as an accompaniment to eating now. Or perhaps during the interval at a concert/theatre or something, but that's only ever the one.

27. Ag

Ag User

HOW DID WE GET THIS OLD???

28. Ag

Ag User

I WAS 18 WHEN I JOINED DOTMUSIC.

29. octophone

Getting old never really bothered me that much, mainly because I don;t have to think for long to remember some people I'd have loved to see get old. That said, my slightly delayed mid-life crisis is definitely in full swing. In a way, it's just as well I don't have money because otherwise it would be botox and nose jobs. Such as it is, it's piercings, too many badges on a denim jacket and trying to talk myself out of tattoos...

30. Ag

Ag User

I suspect I got mine out of the way early, which I hope isn't indicative of the shorter life medical science anticipates for me.

I don't really mind getting old, it's just dealing with HOW MUCH HAS PASSED. I was going to start a "back in my day..." topic the other day.

31. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

I'm having smoked mackerel and GHERKINS for lunch which is about 10000000 times nicer than the usual proffered fare of CLAMMY TURKEY in SOFT WHITE BAPS

32. Shirley

I got so close to getting smoked mackerel on the menu via a lovely SALADY affair but then a tiny BONE was DETECTED and PRESENTED ACCUSINGLY and THAT WAS THAT

33. lolly

I'm up mother's again for Sunday lunch.

I've finally managed to get through to her that meat doesn't HAVE to be served with the texture of an old sandal, but there will be NO HIDING PLACE from GREY VEGETABLES :zombie:

34. Shirley

There's a horrifying trend to traditional BOILED INTO SUBMISSION veg here. There's not much I can't stomach but a BABY PARSNIP that has been BOILED FOR A HOUR is PARTICULARLY DISGUSTING

35. lolly

BOILED PARSNIP? :o

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

36. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I'm on the "SLOPPY JOE" request front, so a BOILED PARSNIP sounds like a STEP UP

SIDEBAR: I really do hate ALL VEGETABLES

37. lolly

Do you force yourself to eat them, eat fruit instead, or just live with the thrill of permanently being at risk of scurvy?

Ag likes this.
  38. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Sadly, I have to force myself to eat them. As in, I really hate the taste and the texture. I wish I didn't, but I do.

39. Sheena

I've been to MAMA'S for lunch too and we had a debate about the beef, which is always served entirely brown, despite my Mum always having rare steak. Very strange.

Other than that, though, her roast is generally really good, albeit that the veg could be a LITTLE bit less cooked for me too, but certainly they are neither GREY nor LIMP.

40. Sheena

I fucking love vegetables. I can't fathom those who don't like them.