Tears on the Dancefloor - Chart thread

Discussion in 'Steps' started by Devil, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Devil

Devil I Need A House

So they are on This Morning on Monday...finally. And Faye has posted instagrams alluding to a music video shoot.

Great...but by the time it comes out it'll likely be off radio. I guess both should still help the album though (which is 60 now in midweeks).

2. Devil

Devil I Need A House

Confirmed video is being shot today.

3. Slave

Slave User

I think they can probably get out there and capitalise on the radio play - they're still A-list on Radio 2 and should stay there for a bit if they're going to start doing promo.

4. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Perhaps they are too busy fighting over which one of them is on the upcoming series of CBB.

5. Slave

Slave User

I can fully imagine that the comeback has been executed far better than they expected, which might have caught them short.

I certainly wouldn't have been confident three months ago that there would be demand (or expectation) that they'd be needing to trawl around the promo circuit for a second time with an album still hanging around the chart and a second single top 30 on airplay.

6. lolly

I should have quoted the post I was referring to. I meant the Loose Women, not Steps.

7. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Let's get a third single out at the end of the summer, then one in quarter four ready for a Strictly performance.

8. Devil

Devil I Need A House

Apparently there's a bit of TV promo lined up over the next two weeks. So perhaps a solid push for the single? To be honest, if it can shove the album back in the top 40 for a couple of weeks I'm happy. They'll hit 70,000 this week, so I'd say with the tour over Xmas a Gold certification will be on lock.

They're doing Proms in the Park in early September so I imagine a third single sent out to radio at the start of August? And then perhaps a fourth with the tour and Xmas period?

I'd go Tears On The Dancefloor for August and Neon Blue for Xmas.

9. Slave

Slave User

Neon Blue late summer, then Glitter and Gold for the tour would be my preference.

But I wouldn't be surprised to see the title track released at all. I just don't think it's really single worthy.

10. Slave

Slave User

Although quite frankly the fact that we're sat here in 2017 talking about even a second single from a new Steps album is more than I could have wished for!

11. Devil

Devil I Need A House

I used to rate the title track as one of the weakest but I've really come around to it now. I think it would also have some quite mass appeal (i.e. gays/Radio 2 listeners would easily be on board).

But yes, the whole project has truly been my musical highlight of 2017 hands down.

12. Devil

Devil I Need A House

Well, they are putting in the effort:

Friday: BBBOT's performance
    Monday: Good Morning Britain - interview/video preview
    Thursday: Lorraine - performance
    Saturday: ITV Weekend - performance

Not massive shows but still a good audience overall and hopefully a nice boost up the (iTunes) chart

13. Steptacular

Steptacular User

The title track should definitely NOT be a single. Glitter & Gold, Happy, Neon Blue and I Will Love Again all piss all over it.

14. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

What is 'ITV weekend' ?

I have seen a TV advert for the album on channel 5 and ITV2 featuring mainly the new single, so they are really giving it a second push which is good

15. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

#12 in the HMV in store chart today which presumably counts for BOG ALL :D

16. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Tony de Vit remix of 'Glitter and Gold' please :disco:

17. Devil

Devil I Need A House

Look I don't know doll but I did awake last Sunday to some rubbish Sunday magazine type show and I assume it is it? Missed tonight's performance if anyone catched it?

18. Halli

Tonights perf still hasn't happened they are performing at the end of the show about 11.30pm

19. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

It was #8 last week :disco:

20. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

(Which basically made me think that the HMV chart is designed to get rid what tat they have most of out the back :D )

Zu-Klara likes this.
  21. Halli

quite a nice little performance on Bit on the Side last night. LSL slayed her vocals :disco: She actually sounds better in a higher register. for a short period of time.

22. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

The vocals v
    Claire sounded SHIT! She looked drunk and dishevelled. Faye looked amazing and Lisa was just classic Lisa!

23. Devil

Devil I Need A House

Haven't watched the Lorraine performance as yet, but seems promo is helping a bit. Single up to #58 on iTunes and album up to #30 (has been as low as #125 or so of late). Video tomorrow and then ITV performance on Saturday as well.

24. Devil

Devil I Need A House

Album right back up to #32 in midweeks. Though streams are missing apparently. Still a good boost given its mid 60's in last weeks official chart.

25. lolly

I imagine they will fall back as well because the Glastonbury effect won't have been felt in full for the midweeks. Either way though, it shows that sales have had a healthy boost.

26. Devil

Devil I Need A House

You are right - down to #39 now. Still, the boost gets it closer to Gold which should now be inevitable.

27. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

Like Katy P's latest opus this is being flogged for a fiver on hmv and Amazon. Clearing the decks for a deluxe reissue?