TES V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by Mats, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Kevin

Kevin Niet meer zo lang geleden

In 3 hours?? It took me 20.

2. Mats

Mats User

20?! :D what difficulty are you on? I didn't do time consuming stuff though, I just went straight to dungeons to whoop some ass

3. Kevin

I usually play everything on easy, but I picked one higher this time. I use lots of Magicka though and neglect most of the other skills. That might be why I'm moving up so slow.

4. Kevin

Is anyone else addicted to this? I've already played over 80 hours and there is still lots to explore. So far the Winterhold College Quests were my favourite.

5. Mats

Mats User

that Ice Wraith in the caves below the College is FUCKING MEAN

I only got halfway through the College quests but I did like where it was going. sometimes they make the plots a bit too obvious though!

6. Kevin

I had the most problems with the dwarven enemies so far, mainly because they didn't seem to bother my magic that much. Dragons are pretty easy to beat now, which is a bit of a shame.

7. Mats

Mats User

dwarfs? do you mean the Falmer? they're corrupted elves :disco:

8. Kevin

Those robot things I mean. Now that I have lightning bolts they are much easier though.

9. Kevin

Already played over 130 hours. I hardly watch any TV anymore. If you like magic being the arch mage is essential.

10. Kevin

:D

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gYY1GHzauCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Phoenix

Phoenix The Nest

So I gather this is good? I saw it at the mall the other but I was worried it would need me to play online and interact with strangers :zombie: because Uncharted 3 is doing fuck all for me.

12. Kevin

It's my favourite game ever. I was obsessed with it from January till April. I really played it every day.

13. Tinu

Tinu User

You should really get it. I've played it for 300 hours and I enjoyed it very much.

Kevin, did you play Dawnguard already? I see it's out for PC now.

14. delirium

delirium TOODLES FUCKFACE

I played it for quite a while (maybe 25 hours or so), but then got a bit bored with the fact I didn't see much point to what I was doing. It felt like lots of mini-quests with no overarching story. Maybe I didn't get far enough or maybe that's the point... but either way, I did get bored after a bit.

15. Kevin

No, I haven't. I played this on PS3 though.

16. Tinu

Tinu User

Ah ok, it's not available for PS3 yet. I'll get it when I'm done playing Dragon Age for the 4th time.

Did you chose the Dawnguard Faction or the Vampire Clan?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  17. Mats

Mats User

there's no multiplayer

18. Mats

Mats User

that's the point. you lost

19. American guy

American guy User

Wheres that Mama guy, he seemed like the spiritual leader of this games board, I felt his gaming knowledge was on my level.

Which is super vast I'll have you know!

20. Phoenix

Phoenix The Nest

i'm playing this now, i'm a cat lady who steals things and they keep throwing me in jail :evil:

21. Satan

Satan Likes his boys insane

Not sure about my feelings towards this game. It took me AGES to complete it and I had to rush trough the final segment of the main story because I was already so bored with the game and couldn't bother anymore. I think it could have been so much better had they focused a bit more on quality instead of obvious quantity. Loot/kill bandit leader/kill dragon mini side missions became SO boring. The bugs are also nasty, couldn't finish some quests because of them.

A solid 8/10 game. Because there was MUCH space to make it better. Won't bother with any DLC for sure.

22. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

I did wonder why I found it utterly amazing and couldn't stop playing...then actually did. I haven't even progressed ANY of the main story :D The fact you can go off and do anything, constantly, is great at first, but I still haven't even gone to Whiterun(?) and I've done a million sidequests/dungeons, all of which quickly felt like the same, and now I'm totally confused about all the subplots and in fact about everything. It's suddenly become too much and too samey.

I love open games, but sometimes I think you need some kind of barrier to keep you on track. No one wants a Final Fantasy XIII restriction, but this is overwhelming. BALANCE PLEASE

23. Phoenix

Phoenix The Nest

I got a bit overwhelmed honestly, I like structure and just running around didn't satisfy me.

24. Raining On Me

The item thing is also a MASSIVE pain in the arse. I seemed to have to leave dungeons constantly and fast-travel to that bitch's cabin cellar (which is apparently a safe deposit place) to dump tons of my things, a huge amount of which appear to be entirely useless. And if you want to upgrade/remake or whatever you can only use what's in your inventory at the time I think, so you end up rifling through your storage for useful items. And all those BOOKS. It's all too much FAFF

Oh but the MUSIC...:disco:

25. Mats

Mats User

just sell all that shit

26. Raining On Me

But it's knowing what's useful and what ISN'T. It's too much to deal with, that item thing. Serious overkill.

27. Mats

Mats User

if you have no interest in reading, sell the books but make sure to check if they give you a level first. then sell everything that aren't ingredients

28. Kevin

I never kept those books. I read some of them but left them in the caves after that. I only used magic so I sold all the weapons I found as well and the cool ones I stored in one of my houses.

29. Mats

Mats User

I love the books! I think I've read all in both Oblivion and Morrowind

30. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

Not purchasing this until it is about a tenner with all the add ons. Just about STANDARD for Bethesda games. In terms of a satisfying and awe inspiring RPG experience, nothing can touch Dark Souls.

31. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  32. NonEvent

NonEvent User

I'm with you completely. I am enjoying it but I don't know whether to carry on or just give up :( It's all getting abit samey and well POINTLESS now

33. Satan

Satan Likes his boys insane

This game could and should have been half the size and twice the fun. It's really TOO MUCH. I don't have a problem with big games but when the size comes at the expense of quality it's a big NO. And don't even get me started on the whole PS3 fiasco with all the (extra) bugs and DLC incompatibility. Bethesda must be the only devs still having problems with PS3 development six years down the line.

34. Kevin

For me this could be even longer. I loved it SO MUCH :disco: Never have I been this obsessed with a game.

35. Mats

Mats User

it started going downhill with Oblivion in my opinion. they seemed to focus more on making the physical vastness of the game its main merit which is a shame. I mean, Morrowind was big enough (especially with the two add ons) to be an immersive, bewildering experience whilst also having excellent writing, both quests and dialogue. both Oblivion and Skyrim could've benefited from being much more tight

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  36. Kevin

I didn't play any of the other games so I can't compare.

37. Mats

Mats User

you should; Morrowind is incredible

38. Mats

Mats User

but it might be difficult for someone with no nostalgia attached to it to deal with the outdated (putting it mildly) graphics :D

39. Tinu

Tinu User

I've played it over 300 hours and I'm done with it. I don't see myself replaying it (anytime soon), but it was definitely worth the money.

40. Kevin

The only thing I haven't done are some steal assignments for the Thieves Guild because my skill isn't high enough yet.