TES V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by Mats, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Kevin

Kevin Niet meer zo lang geleden

I am thinking about doing it again, but I'm not looking forward to doing all the extremely long Falmer caves again.

2. Tinu

Tinu User

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OsROQUWaHnQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

looks great :disco:

3. Kevin

4. Mats

Mats User

I love that it's taking us back to Morrowind :disco: :disco:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  5. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

NOT IF YOU HAVE A PS3

6. Mats

Mats User

so it's only getting an XBox/PC release for the time being?

7. Kevin

CRAP :angry:

8. Mats

Mats User

it'll probably follow shortly after

they'll probably bundle it with the first DLC, maybe a GOTY edition

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  9. Kevin

Oh, that's fine then. I'm still playing it for a second time so I'm good for now.

10. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

Bethesda have hit technical problems with their game engine on the PS3 (as shown by the entire RimLag debacle), their approach is effectively to bury their head in the sand and hope people cease asking about the DLC. Considering how they just couldn't be arsed fixing Oblivion or releasing the DLC on that, I don't hold out much hope for their efforts.

11. Mats

Mats User

a twat from Bethesda

no real info but there's a tiny hope. TES games really are for the PC though because of the endless heap of mods

12. Tinu

Tinu User

I can't imagine playing it without any mods. Better females, more map markers, better dragon loot. It all makes better sense.
    Though I guess X box will get it a month before PC again, but I can live with that.

13. KindaCool

KindaCool Kick Rocks. Eat dirt.

I hate the vampire penalties. I just started playing Dawnguard and I'm gonna use a mod to negate the penalties on vampires. Any ideas?

14. Mats

Mats User

um that's part of the whole thing of being a vampire :manson:

15. Tinu

Tinu User

Yes it is. Play as a mage or thief (assassin) if you want to be a vampire, its pretty bad for a warrior.

16. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

Got it for 9.99 on Steam (and then it popped up for 7.99 2 days later).

Looks amazing with everything turned on. Voice acting in the intro is bobbins. Combat pales in comparison to Dark Souls. But there we have that free roamy freedom. Going to re-roll a character when I have more time. Might try and be a stealthy mage type.

17. MAMA

MAMA #Bangerz

I still haven't finished this. Think I stopped at 20-ish hours. Bought the DLC but haven't tried it yet.

18. Tinu

Tinu User

Dragonborn is coming to PC next week. FINALLY!

19. Kevin

Just bought Heartfire. :disco:

20. KindaCool

Love this game. Great diversity of everything. I have the Dawnguard expansion and installed some awesome (and slightly unfair) mods. My character is the nastiest bitch in all the land.

The online version is coming out later this year I think. Should be interesting.

21. Tinu

Tinu User

I loved this add-on. Make sure to adopt 2 kids as well, because it really enhances the experience of having a 'family' in skyrim.

I heard ESO (The Elder Scrolls Online) would come out in May, but I guess it will be a bit later. I'm very curious at how it will turn out. I saw some preview videos and so far it does look promising. For a moment, they wouldn't include first person view, but they changed their mind.
    It looks great as well. I might buy this, though not before summer, because I have to much stuff to do for school.

22. delirium

delirium TOODLES FUCKFACE

I want to start flying this again when I have some time. It's a good winter game :disco:

Hopefully the totally open-ended world aspect won't annoy me as much the second time around.

23. Tinu

Tinu User

24. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

Just started doing this, I need to get Dragonborn too.

Have put about 33 mods onto this via Steam Workshop, so it looks nicer, more stable and fixes a few glitches.

Random things like:

Adventurers and Travellers - puts about 40 NPC's in the game who are out and about doing things, making the game feel more alive.
    Sounds of Skyrim - 220 more audio effects for the various parts of Skyrim. Clever stuff such as when you go near a window you will hear the activity going on inside.
    Relighting Skyrim - making lights come from light sources, and not the random placement Beths have done in places. Also interior shadows and ambient lighting being more on the ball. Plus fixes the striped shadows issues.
    Bethesda hi res textures - thank you beths!
    Water - better water, ocean has waves ebb and flow, droplets through rain.
    Wet and Cold - when it rains / snows, people run for their house or nearest inn if the don't have one
    Better followers - stuff like they can mount horses and come with you
    Shooting stars - occasional shooting stars in skies, all calculated by time of year and visibility
    Rainbows - again all calculated by distance and relative position to sun / rain
    Meshes redone - re-does all of bethesdas meshes to make objects less angular and now more rounded and natural

can't think of more, got about 32 in total. Nothing hugely lorebreaking or unfinished, just making a nice game nicer.

25. KindaCool

The Better Followers one sounds great.

26. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

It's the subtle ones I like best. Some of the mods are really popular but I think stylistically misplaced.

Ones that are tagged with "xxxxx Alive", where they deem the locations on Skyrim not alive enough. Alive transpires as putting shit loads of vegetation and clutter everywhere. Because more things make it more realistic and better apparently.

More saturation mod. This baffles me. Obviously the faded and washed out look of snow irks some people, and they want it to all be in technicolour.

More realistic lighting. This one fucks me off. Night time becomes properly dark, light sources give off accurate light. Now realism doesn't equate to better gameplay in every instance. Darker means you can't see frig all unless you have a torch or are a khajit. Also pitch black dungeons don't effect foes, so effectively you wander into a place where everyone can happily see and decimate you, but you can't see them. This one came as part of the Morrowind overhaul too, which was rather irksome.

27. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

Talking of Morrowind Overhaul, this is it:

(First a vid of old Morrowind, just for comparison)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/t7J4F3bs3Pk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d69wYi3_LWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

anyone who has played TES 3 will know what an upgrade this is.

My PC, which can run Skyrim at full pelt with everything on max avec mods, can only just take this at full pelt.

28. Phoenix

Phoenix The Nest

I'm back playing this, finished the major arc of the werewolves and now running the college quests.

Are things like dragon bones and dragon scales useful or should I just sell them?

29. Kevin

You need them if you want to make dragon armour.

30. KindaCool

yeah and only if you NEED heavy armour, which definitely has its feats. But if you're gonna go heavy, then Daedric is the best.

31. Mats

Mats User

you can make light dragon armor too

32. Mats

Mats User

I stash it away for when I can be arsed getting to level one billion in smithing

33. Kevin

I've spent a lot of time making jewellery to improve my smithing levels and then enchanting it.

34. Phoenix

Phoenix The Nest

Yeah I'll just stash them in my house, I am now the archmage as well as the leader of the werewolves :disco: can I remove quests? My OCD is killing me.

35. KindaCool

I hate the werewolf and vampire quests. Becoming either is just RUBBISH. But I AM the Thieves Guild Master, which I'm loving.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  36. Kevin

I loved the Thieves Guild quests. It was very annoying when I did the sidequests like robbing something and I had loading screens every 5 minutes. Travel to Riften. Travel to the Thieves Guild. Travel to the pub. :grr:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  37. Mats

Mats User

Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood are awesome

38. Mats

Mats User

I got both DLC (on PS3) and the game is now buggy as FUCK. I am also far too strong for it to be any fun now and I'm "only" on level 41, it's really just a hit and run game at this point

39. Phoenix

Phoenix The Nest

I reached a point where I decided I've had my fill. I only played a tiny bit of the story but I spent most of my time running missions for the different factions and then just stopped.

I might pick it up in a few months but now I'm playing Destiny.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  40. KindaCool

Yeah it has very little replay value. The races have no differences between them so once you've played it once, you've played it all.