That little girl missing in Portugal

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by Star, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

You know that little girl that was abducted in Portugal.. isn't she BEAUTIFUL? I hope they get her back ok;

[​IMG]

2. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Well if you were going to abduct a baby, you wouldn't pick an UGLY one, would you?

3. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Beggars can't be choosers.

4. wendy the goat

wendy the goat Теги возврата

How THICK were the parents though? Leaving 3 kids under the age of 3 alone in a hotel room while they went out for dinner.

5. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

That's what I couldn't understand, I wasn't sure if I was missing something and it was some secure babysitting thing. But they literally did leave the kids in the appartment while they went to this restuarant didn't they?

6. TomLondon

TomLondon Well TomBrighton these days...

Reports said they were staying at a Mark Warner resort, who apparantley have some baby sitting service. Not sure if it was being used though.

7. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

From what I've read, they were just checking on the kids themseleves every 30mins or so;

Kate and Gerry, a consultant cardiologist, had left Maddie asleep with their baby twins as they ate at a tapas restaurant 150 yards from their holiday apartment in Portugal’s Algarve.

The pair took turns to check on the children every half hour. But when Kate returned to the room at 10pm on Thursday there was no sign of her angel-faced girl.

8. lolly

Children? So how many were there?

9. rural juror

rural juror User

I was shocked when I saw the pictures, it was 120 feet away and round a couple of corners it seemed.

10. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

That's what got me too! It wasn't really THAT close at ALL.

11. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

3. Maddie and her twin brother/sister who are aged 2.

12. rural juror

rural juror User

I mean its awful what happened and of copurse you SHOULD be able to trust that they'd be left alone, but I don;t think I'd ever take that risk because there ARE bastards out there

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  13. TomLondon

I'm sorry, but you just dont leave children alone. They wouldnt do it here in the UK. Ive got a tapas restaurant down the road from me. I wouldnt leave kids alone in my house.

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  14. David

David Misanthropic Old Bastard

I don't mean to be judgemental, but if I were a parent I wouldn't leave my children in the care of ANYONE I hadn't known for a VERY long time!

15. lolly

But what if it was an Indian restaurant?

16. rural juror

rural juror User

well no, this is it they're going through an awful time and I DO feel for them, but i#m dumbfounded they out themselves in this position by leaving the kids alone

17. TomLondon

EVEN WORSE.

18. rural juror

rural juror User

I would if I were eating Thai

19. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Wha gets me is that they are VERY young, 30mins is quite a long time to be left alone if they needed something :confused:

20. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Apparently some people are blaming the resort;

The resort — with hundreds of other families enjoying the sunshine — would have very quickly felt like home for the McCanns. They would have felt secure in the knowledge their children were just 50 yards away from the restaurant where they were eating, as they checked on them every 30 minutes.

What is unclear is why the family did not take advantage of the facilities offered by Mark Warner for parents wanting to eat out in the evening.

The company’s website says it offers a creche for children up to nine or babysitting if their parents want to dine without them.

21. rural juror

rural juror User

its just ALL very odd, whats odder is that the press haven't seemedd to have commented on this situtaion being a little odd

22. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

I'd take them along and make them work in the kitchen to get a free meal.

23. lolly

Apart from anything else, I'd worry about them harming themselves in some way if left alone. And that's small fry compared to the worst which could happen, and has!

24. TomLondon

there we go then. they DIDNT take advantage of the service.

25. Alex

Alex User

It's scary how young some parents let their children just wander the streets.

26. rural juror

rural juror User

exactly, I mean the risk is there, we had the situation a few years ago with the girl abducted from the backpackers hostel on a school trip, but this is just making it EASIER for it to happen

27. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

ABSOLUTLEY! That's what made me doubt myself as to whether I'd understood it correct or not. Both parents are obviously very clever too, she's a GP and he's a cardio surgeon. Something just doesn't add up.

28. lolly

That's CRAP though. So it felt like home. But would they have done it at home? It's irrelevant.

29. rural juror

rural juror User

I suppose they dont want to turn the public against therm while the situation is ongoing, I cant see it [passing without comment for long

30. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

That's the only thing I can think of.. It's a shame really because the holiday resort will suffer as a result of this somewhat I'm sure, when it's not really their fault at all.

31. rural juror

rural juror User

AND the reports say they that they believe shes still alive, and trhey think they know roughly where she is, the whole thing seems just slightly off kilter

32. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Yes, they're now saying she's been abducted! Someone needs to ask some questions :o

33. rural juror

rural juror User

hmmm, apparently the police and hotwl have denied that bthe shutters were forced open and damaged?

34. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

And now;

Madeleine, who turns four next Friday, was last seen by her father at about 2100 local time.

When Mrs McCann went to check on her about an hour later, she found the bedroom's outside shutter and window had been opened and her daughter missing.

So that's an HOUR that they were left?

35. rural juror

rural juror User

See what the suindays dredge up tomorrow but its all VERY odd

36. Sild

Sild New balls please

The parents are a disgrace, quite frankly. You don't leave them alone, no matter how near you are.

37. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

The ever reliable NOTW is claiming the police know where she is...

38. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Im sorry but BIG FAT LOL

39. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

The pretty ones are almost BEGGING FOR IT

40. cwej

cwej User

It sounds to me like they blatantly LIED when they said they checked on them every half an hour then - sounds like they were checking on them every hour and SAID every half an hour because of how bad it sounded.

Honestly though, if someone WANTED to abduct a child, that's pretty much the worst case scenario - they'd have been better off not checking on them at all, because anyone watching could see that they were going back every hour, which gave them enough time to work out when they could go and take her.

But leaving kids alone at that age is just shocking. In the UK you can get arrested for that kind of thing can't you? What if there was a fire? I presume they locked the kids in there, to prevent any kind of abduction, which means if there was a fire, there'd have been no way out for them. Or maybe they thought to themselves, 'we'll leave the doors open IN CASE there's a fire - no-one will abduct them'... fucking ridiculous.

I know you need to leave some time before you start laying into the parents because of the sensitivity of the situation, but what fucking BASTARDS. THEY are the cause of their daughter going through what might be the most horrifying ordeal ever. OR of course there may be another explanation ENTIRELY...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.