The Apprentice The Apprentice: Series 12 Episode 12 - Interviews

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by lolly, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Breathe

Breathe User

I guessed weeks ago it would be these 2 in the final. Although, I was surprised Grannie was the first to go, I thought he had a real soft spot for her.

2. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Not that I feel the need for a recap of this series, but there's an hour long Why I Fired Them n at 11.25 tonight.

3. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

If the amount of Celebrations I've eaten this evening keeps me up on a sugar high (or with indigestion), I may well use that to pass the time.

4. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Literally only here for Queen Natalie.

5. Treacle

Treacle User

It was definitely the most boring/unfunny interview episode to date. Although HEM RAGE was a highlight.

6. lolly

Ugh, Matt Edmondson

7. cwej

cwej User

But I always think that doesn't sound like much really if she is also employing someone... How much money is Alanna actually making herself? Can't be much over 20k!?

I want her to win though. Courtney is pathetic.

8. Kate

Kate dumps like a truck

Why was Alana being criticised for saving for a house as opposed to Courtney shamelessly sponging off his affluent parents? :manson: Hardly fits with the working-class-boy/girl-done-good thing that Sugar normally likes.

If he wins I'll be FURIOUS

9. Kate

Kate dumps like a truck

And Frances is a WAG and Grainne had a baby at 16 :o

10. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

It's her boyfriend though, so who knows what she is paying him. I did love how she said she'd "Cold hard facts? Yes. He could be replaced." :disco:

But she is such a sweetie and is totally the underdog and would make a nice winner. She already has an online traybake company but they only have 6 varieties, none of which look that different to countless other stuff on the market, but maybe her business plan is a bit different.

As for Courtney, I think for him to win after being the only guy in the final 6 would look a tad mysoginistic, and he would become the 6th out of the last 8 winners to be male, which doesn't help either.

COME ON ALANA

11. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

I really hated Claude's stuff to Alana about having to be "tough" to succeed in business. You don't have to be tough to be strong, which is ACTUALLY what you need to succeed. The whole tough thing is a total archetype that makes people feel like the only folk around capable of getting anywhere in that arena are the Alan Sugars and the Donald Trumps of the world.

12. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Maybe it's a regional thing but in the context that Claude spoke I'd say being tough and strong are pretty much the same thing, i.e. being determined, resolute and insistent.

There's a difference between wanting to do well for yourself and doing well for yourself at the expense of others, whether it's employees as the likes of Sports Direct and JD Sports have shown recently, or your competitors.

13. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

I just kinda liked that the final five at the interviews weren't all cunts and seemed to support each other. Is this the first year they've all got on?

Team Alanna but I think Courtney is a sweetheart too.

Obvs QUEEN NATALIE is my ultimate though. I still cannot believe I live around the corner from that greatness.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  14. lolly

Have property values gone up since her brief appearance?

15. COB

COB Nasty Boys

It's slightly out of my way but I sometimes pass her salon on purpose these days, hoping for a quick star spot through the window (bonus points if she's tidying up, obvs).

16. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Dennistoun prices are SOARING.

I passed it the other day and saw a cast member of GLOW coming out, fresh from a spray tan. It's like living in LA.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  17. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

There's also the BOUTIQUE round the corner, next to Tibo :disco:

18. Kalabaliken

I still haven't been for that free spray tan yet!

19. Chlammy

Chlammy Climb on through my window.

Happy for Alannah. I thought Courtney came off better in this episode than he has done in a while. He's a lovely guy but I can't see him taking it as this point.

20. Kalabaliken

Alan and Alana would make a good headline, I think, but he's never gone into the food industry so I think Courtney would be the safer bet. But give me caramel shortcake over a jobby cushion anyday!

21. David_5000

David_5000 I'll dance alone

Think we're all going to be hungry tonight - wonder if Just Eat do traybakes?

22. ZZ

ZZ lacklustre forgotten diva

Does any mooper live anywhere near where Alana sells her cakes to tell us if they're any good?