The Apprentice The Apprentice: Series 13 Episode 14 - The Final

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by lolly, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Slave

Slave User

I thought there was a time when a team won by deliberately setting the other team down the wrong path in one of the “collect the items” tasks and he fired the person responsible.

2. Peekaboo

Peekaboo User

Jenny Celery if that was her name got fired on her birthday for bribing the seller in a shop by giving him more money than he asked for for a tennis racket on the condition that he didn't sell another one to the other team, if I recall the whole farrago correctly. Alan Sugar brought it up in the boardroom and she said she thought she was being clever and he fired her on the spot before winners and losers had been announced (but I seem to recall she was in the losing team anyway).

3. Steptacular

Steptacular User

That series was the best series ever and the Marrakesh episode possibly my favourite episode. I hated that Jenny cos she was the anti-Lucinda.

4. ZZ

ZZ staring at you

He fired her after the winner was announced (the winner was revealed when they were still in Marrakesh)

5. Treacle

Treacle User

When did this even air? I just spotted it on the suggestion page on iPlayer and watched it while I was doing my laundry. Such a boring episode and it was becoming increasingly clear that it would be a double hiring with Sugar accepting Sarah’s business was more bankable but that he preferred James. This is what happens when the prize is worth about ten pence in broad terms.

6. ZZ

ZZ staring at you

What do you mean?

7. Slave

Slave User

The best part of the final was the #awkward moment between Alana and Lord Sugar on You're Fired afterwards:

Alana: "It's been an amazing year, I've gone from baking in my kitchen to having 40 ambassadors selling my cakes and now Lord Sugar has set me the task of getting 200 by next year"

Lord Sugar: *smirks to self* HMM

You could almost see him mentally preparing to part ways with her. 40 "ambassadors" to upscale five fold in 12 months is surely nigh on IMPOSSIBLE when she hasn't even made it into retail.

8. ZZ

ZZ staring at you

Really? I just thought he was pleased.
    I don't think that business partners part ways everytime a target is not reached. After all, she'd have to buy him out if he wanted to leave or someone would have to buy his 50% of the company.

9. Slave

Slave User

Expanding your business from 40 employees to 200 is quite a target to set for a 12 month period!

Surely he’s essentially just given her £250,000 to invest in her business. He doesn’t necessarily need to sell his part, he could just stop investing and leave her to go it alone.

10. ZZ

ZZ staring at you

I don't doubt it.
    All I'm saying is that if it's not achieved, it doesn't mean that the partnership will be dissolved.

11. Slave

Slave User

Also, how is Tom approaching £4 million turnover? What IS his business? Curved nail files still?

12. ZZ

ZZ staring at you

13. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

Oh dear

14. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

His tweet led to hundreds of people branding the 71-year-old entrepreneur ‘racist’. Yet despite this, Lord Sugar, who is the 95th richest person in the UK, defended his tweet and asked people what was wrong with it. In response to one person who called the post ‘terrible’, he replied: ‘Why?’

When another user asked him how long it would take for him to be told to apologise, Lord Sugar posted: ‘I can’t see what I have to apologise for. You are OTT. It’s a bloody joke.’ The tweet has since been removed, with Mr Sugar writing: ‘Just been reading the reaction to my funny tweet about the guy on the beach in Marbella.

‘Seems it has been interpreted in the wrong way as offensive by a few people. Frankly I cant see that I think it’s funny. But I will pull it down if you insist.

It is unclear if Lord Sugar’s account has been hacked.

15. Kate

Kate most die in your bedroom

Back 1st October, if the email I got about tickets for You're Fired is right. :disco: