The Apprentice - Series 4

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Star, Apr 4, 2008.

1. rural juror

rural juror User

Yea I alrready knew too :(

2. David_5000

David_5000 I'll dance alone

Claire is by far the best of those left. Lee had better not let her down.

Imagine if Alex and Helene win next week, who the hell would you want from those?!

3. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

alex the backstabber or helene the pillock

TOUGH CALL

4. Zodiac

Zodiac Registered Ulser

Not surprised that Lucinda went. Still very much a :( occasion though.

I don't really give a shit who wins next week. I'm not keen on any of them.

5. rural juror

rural juror User

I missed the start who is this comedian? I like him :D

6. David_5000

Why have they got Claire Balding and the comedian on the same show AGAIN, they were both on the same HIGNFY last week!

7. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

ALEX :evil:

ALEX :evil:

8. Samuel

Samuel User

Rather heavy spoilers here...

Helene and Alex lose next week and are both fired, leaving Clare and Lee and apparently Clare's auntie has been happily announcing that her niece has won the show!

Read if you want but it will spoil next week!

9. David_5000

Okay THIS time I'm going to steer clear.

10. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

oh i knew it!

11. cwej

cwej User

What a strange set-up - the losing team automatically both get fired?!?! I presume that SirAlan will choose Claire if it's her and Lee and Alex if it's him and Helene that win.

Helene got so little screentime tonight that I thought she was definitely going to get fired, just because she seemed to be such an irrelevance. When he said at the end 'I've got 4 very good candidates there' I just couldn't understand it - he's never said a good word about Helene up till now.

Lee's lying on his application form was actually not as bad as his fucking idiotic spelling errors. I'm not being funny, but if we see spelling errors like that on application forms at work, we throw them straight out - and that's for people applying to be foreign exchange cashiers, not Sir Alan Sugar's fucking Apprentice. As far as I'm concerned if you haven't got the time to run a spell-check or get a friend to proof read your work, then you shouldn't even make it past the first sifting.

Claire is EASILY the best candidate overall, though from what we saw of Helene in the interviews, she did well tonight - APART from calling the other 15 candidates 'gobshites' which was the joint most cringeworthy part of the show tonight, along with Lee's dinosaur impression.

12. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

is he definitely not dyslexic?

13. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

You'd have thought he'd have said if he was, wouldn't you? And still, all the MORE reason for running spellcheck.

14. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

Come to think of it, the details of the task weren't very specific. How do we know how the winning and losing team is decided. If it's anything like other subjective tasks that he can rig the result to whichever team contains the candidate he wants.

15. lolly

Just catching up on You're Fired now. Didn't she look great?

16. lolly

I'm SORRY, but are they SERIOUSLY allowing CLAIRE FUCKING BALDING to comment on Lucinda's fashion sense?

I'm APPALLED

17. cwej

cwej User

That is completely irrelevant - like Lolly says, if you know that spelling is a weakness you make even MORE effort to double check your work (thus me suggesting he gets a friend, colleague or mentor to proof-read it). It's a complete disgrace and he shouldn't have made it to the final 16, let alone the final 4... it's just unprofessional, sloppy and implies that he's not that interested in the job. That's what I'd infer as an employer, rightly or wrongly.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  18. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

Claire has to win, shes the only choice I think. I've actually really warmed to her also, she might be a complete cunt at times, but at least she is honest about it, and as far as I can remember shes never really said anything behind somebodies back that she hasn't said to their face.

I don't think Lucinda would have been the right winner anyway, I doubt shes too bothered about getting fired.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  19. lolly

ooh, another show on Sunday where Siralan says why he fires each of them, and implies he got one wrong. Presumably Raef or Shazia?

20. Blake

Blake User

I do think Shazia went way before her time, i'd have liked to have seen more of her.

21. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

My god i've just watched tonights episode and it has pissed me off for about TWENTY different reasons!

22. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

Thank goodness you're not Sir Alan then

23. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

If only 2 went through, I reckon it would have been Alex and Helene. Also believe why this is why they are on the same team together.

Out of the lot of them, they had the most positive reviews.

24. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

It was blatantly obvious that she was to go. It didn't take the interviewers to point out that she was completely inable of working in a team /or for someone else in any shape or form.

The PC disaster with printing, the catastrophe in charge of cars, the tissue fiasco... with everyone else just getting the hump eventually.

25. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

Er, and what about the wedding dresses, and the ice cream tasks? And the printing wasn't her fault, she was put in a role she said FROM THE START she couldn't do. She sold mroe than that half wit Helen in the car task and TISSUEGATE wasn't aided by the fact that Lee and Alex were GANGING UP ON HER. It's easy to say 'ooh she did this wrong', and I'll happily say that she isn't right for Amstrad, but you can't drag her name through the dirt :Oi:

26. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

Dear The Apprentice,

I missed last night's and planned to catch up on the swish iPlayer. However, since reading in this thread that Lucinda has been fired and next week's final is in teams then you can go fuck yourself. That is literally the two most stupid things that could happen. I think we are done for this year. Cunts.

Bye,
    TP

(Actually I'll probably still watch if Alex got/gets his top off?)

27. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

NO he was a GRADE A CUNT

28. Eileen

Eileen All the better to see you with, my dear.

I've just watched last night's Apprentice. I didn't think it was possible to LOVE LUCINDA EVEN MORE but I DO.

29. Eileen

Yay! I can now watch her on the You're Fired programme - YAY!

30. Eileen

"You're a little bit too zany for me" and "Lucinda will always be a mystery" are the DEAL CLINCHERS.

Lucinda <3

31. David

David Misanthropic Old Bastard

The thing about the next task is that, unless one team or the other was to really fuck up, it's easy to justify a victory for either, it's an entirely subjective task. I suspect the teams are set that way for a reason.

32. Eileen

I was thinking this. With an automatic firing for the losing team, it could mean that who Alan considers to be the best candidate loses otherwise.

33. loomer

loomer User

I've gone off Lee a bit. But only cause I noticed he has a bit of a speech impediment. Lucy clearly was smitten a little. I hate that bland cunt Alex. Pouting preening cunt.

I'm not sure about Club Rep girl, she is kinda ugly and has too many moles on her face, but apart from that is good. I like the other one, good attitude, if bland.

I'll have to download the earlier episodes which seems pointless now to form a better impression. There's no SIMON for me to swoon over with his rap skills or KRISTINA to root for, but this is still bloody great and looks like a great cast and season.

But Lee ftw!

34. loomer

loomer User

Clearly Lucinda will be the one who will be a star and get the media deals, definitely the most memorable and unique, and yes, I like her fashion sense.

I saw she seemed to take a leaf from moonfaced Katy last year signalling her intention to quit, she's like a good Katy.

And Alan Sugar talks such bollocks "I'll fire all 5 of you if I want!" at the start of the show - like fuck you would, then there'd be no show. :daf: I could see it was going to be difficult to fire anyone bar Lucinda.

I love his crack team of interviewers - the bulldog is good, but my fave is the posh one who completely tore Lee and Lucinda to shreds. :disco:

35. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

Personally I am waiting for this 800 million figure to change into 900 million...its been 5 series...surely it should come with the interest :D

36. David

The Unseen stuff on the BBC Website is quite good this week, a 2 1/2 minute clip of each candidate interviewing.

37. lolly

I've got the final of series 1 lined up for tonight

And downloading series 2 now

38. loomer

loomer User

BLESS Lucinda

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BMml-FMLX-I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BMml-FMLX-I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

39. David

God bless her and all who sail in her.

40. loomer

loomer User

Where did you get these, dear?

I need to join that UKTVNova thing. I think it was you who got me on to Mininova last year which had the American Idols.

I saw episode 1 of series 1 on Dave, but never continued with it, sadly. I would like to watch all the old episodes myself.

I have got a hell of a lot of rubbish to delete from my hard drive first, video files take up the most space obviously.