The Apprentice - Series 4

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Star, Apr 4, 2008.

1. jonhawk

jonhawk Bluffin' with my muffin

I think that's the thing, this is NOT a normal interview, it's an interview to be the Apprentice, 12 weeks of intense teamwork and tasks, that is what the test is here not so much what's on the CV. I don't think Sir Alan is too concerned that a fabrication was made on a CV, put together by Lee to sell himself in front of 20,000 other applicants. At the end of the day (to use an Apprentice cliche) he had put on the CV and said in the interview that he wasn't academic and didn't complete his studies - the pre-selectors and Sir Alan himself are looking for MUCH more than that, and obviously in other areas of his CV and application there was evidence of that.

2. Zodiac

Zodiac Registered Ulser

Having read the spoiler in advance of the episode I was err... kinda surprised by the result. I'm quite pleased that Lee won really though I think I would have been equally happy with Claire.

3. Slave

Slave User

I think ultimately the right person won - I think as an "apprentice", Lee fits the bill a lot more than Claire who has already undertaken the personal journey and come out of it the other end a highly employable person. Lee has a lot more to learn and ultimately will benefit from having the guidance of the winner's position.

4. loomer

loomer User

Yes, I meant to say that slave.. if you look it from the "apprentice" vs "finished article" angle, then Lee is the apprentice.. just like Simon was vs Kristina (though I also wanted her to win).

And Lee you need a Lee apprentice avatar! Cause Lee is the fittest guy in it eva. *fickle* Would be fun. Or silly. :bored:

5. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

I do need a new avatar, but now it's over i'm not sure I want an Apprentice one.

6. loomer

loomer User

I meant as a silly very temporary one!

I wonder when that news of the winner leaked out.. surely it did, cause we all know it's strictly pre-recorded.

7. jonhawk

I think the final was only recorded in the past few weeks actually. Not like before when the whole series was done and dusted before the first episode aired.

8. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

Every year everything is recorded except for the final boardroom, which is recorded not long before the final is shown.

9. David

David Misanthropic Old Bastard

Lee really needed to win. Claire didn't. I couldn't see Lee on a six figure salary otherwise. I think it also helped Lee was that he was a much better PM (particularly in Morocco) than Claire, who blundered into both her wins as PM.

10. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Were ANY of the spoilers correct? I read a couple yesterday (the one here and one on digitalspy) and I'm pleased they were completely wrong.

11. cwej

cwej User

Hmmm... it was an interesting decision. As much as I can't really see Lee as a manager/leader (and I know he did a good job in Marrakech, but come on he was only leading Sara and Lucinda for fuck's sake really), he did have a consistent track record and it must mean something that he never ended up in the boardroom.

But Clare felt like the worthy winner, in that she is a more naturally skilled business person.

The editing was HORRIFIC in its way of trying to make us think Helene and Alex had won... all of the questions from the audience towards Claire and Lee were negative, and Helene and Alex had that really positive comment from that leading perfumier. I hate it when editors try and wrongfoot the audience like that - it's not particularly clever and just tries to treat us like idiots.

As for Helene - she repeated everything she's been in the entire series in the final: lazy, lacking in ideas, argumentative and passes the blame on wherever possible EVEN after she'd been fired. Her interview on 'You're Fired' saved her face a little bit though, when she admitted it was her that was causing most of the arguments.

12. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

This is how The Apprentice works every week.

13. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

One who has been on the consistant receiving end of moanage about task performance, and Lucinda who is mainly unable to work in a team and usually brings the whole thing crashing down.

So not bad steering them to a win really.

14. lolly

I'm glad Claire didn't win after seeing how bad her hair was on 'You're Hired' afterwards.

15. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

old DIGITAL SPY were not impressed with the Lucinda outburst from the audience.
    I was mixing so missed it, but Gem told me it was kinda embarrassing.

16. lolly

It was a bit YAY and a bit cringey at the same time, if you see what I mean.

17. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

What happened?

18. lolly

Lucinda heckled Helene from the audience. She tried to draw Raef into it, but he wouldn't have any of it.

19. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

Thats quite surprising. I thought she was dignified

20. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Lucinda looked like she has BALLOONED

21. lolly

There's an article in The Guardian today about Sir Alan again choosing the wrong candidate, and questioning if he is sexist:

22. lolly

continued

23. Crash

Crash Thank You

Wasnt there an article in the Independent yesterday moreorless saying the same thing too?

Probably having Michelle win has tainted the other female contestants :D

24. lolly

Raef on 8 out of 10 cats NOW

25. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

I caught a bit of the You're Hired programme the other day, and there was definitely NOT ENOUGH CLAIRE

26. Beryl

Beryl Boy stop, step awaaaaay.

Weakest Link has an Apprentice special today... 6.10 or something

27. David

It was on last week as well I think, the likes of Jenny Celery, Katie Hopkins, Kristina Grimes and Paul Torrisi were on it, and bizarrely really rubbish Ian

28. cwej

cwej User

The writer of that article blatantly has a female bias herself though. She (or possibly he if it's a gay man...) has basically said the winner should have been FEMALE every year... surely if he'd have employed each of those women he'd be being accused of being sexist the other way now?!!?

I'd say Saira, Ruth, Kristina and Claire are quite similar (I haven't seen Saira, but I've heard about her) types and the fact that he's taken them all to the final 2 speaks volumes in itself. If he REALLY hated them, he'd get rid of them much earlier.

The Lucinda-Helene thing was a bit yucky to watch on You're Fired. But Raef pissed me off. He was asked a direct question - a question that required a FACTUAL answer, not an opinion - and he did the wussy 'I'm staying out of it' response.

29. funky

funky INCAPABLE

I can't find any Lucinda/Helene mouthoff on youtube :confused:

shame

thought the final was a bit flat really. Lee certainly improved a lot but the best person for the job he was not... in fact he was the weakest of the final four. Although to be fair, Helene had been my choice leading in and she well and truly ballsed it up with her moaning and arguing, basically fuelling everything everyone else had said about her up to that point. And she had done so well in the interviews...

Claire should have won really, by default. Alex is clearly a clever guy but OH MY GOD just so irritating.

The Duel/Dual advert was amazing, all things considered. The other one was dreadful... but once again business sense wins out over creativity. Fair enough.

30. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

Alex keeps getting spotted in my nearest Sainsbury's. It's almost mildly exciting.

I didn't find Raef annoying in staying out of the argument on You're Fired - it was all very undignified. I've never known anyone to heckle on there!

31. cwej

cwej User

Helene was just awful awful awful in the final task. It reminded me of the photography task, which she was lucky enough to win. If she'd lost that week I think she'd have been out on her ear then... my brother said to me, she's blatantly one of those bosses who leaves all the work to the rest of the minions while she goes off for extended lunch breaks and when the shit hits the fan, talks her way out of the blame - and I completely agree. A GREAT bullshitter, but nothing more.

Claire is an oxymoron of BULLSHIT with SUBSTANCE.

32. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

Helene is useless but I somehow can't quite dislike her. :confused:

Lucinda is a giant knob.

Claire is amazing :disco:

33. rural juror

rural juror User

Did we see the Holy Moly interview?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBLMtCsn17M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OBLMtCsn17M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The outtakes are funnier to be fair though

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l-vmv3hR3bg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l-vmv3hR3bg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

34. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

'i managed to afford a...chip'

'BAHAHHAHAHAHAHA'

it wasnt that funny

35. lolly

Damn

I was hoping when I saw this topic bumped that it might be some Lee McQueen naked photos

36. rural juror

rural juror User

sorry again Lolly

37. jonhawk

The Apprentice lot were out in force yesterday, my friend saw him with a TV crew in Paddington station and as mentioned I walked past the Sophocles on Regents St.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  38. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

I'm sorry but this is just SHIT. Especially when they had trailed it a few weeks earlier as something that was shocking (or at least interesting) and had to have an embargo slapped on it. It's the type of bollocks that Holy Moly should be taking the piss out of.

39. lolly

Dave is currently repeating the whole of series one, an episode each day.

I hope they follow through with the subsequent series.

40. David

It's not the first time they've shown series 1 I think.