The Big Reunion - ITV2

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Halli, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Kate

Kate most die in your bedroom

I don't like the beard, but he looks good apart from that

2. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Did anyone watch? Heavenli pissed as a fart as a bus and then out-gurning Kerry at the service station was quite something.

3. straightorbroken

straightorbroken Trust the Duchess

This has started? I'll need to catch a repeat. J still looks fit in that preview clip, despite the tragic beard that looks like a scourer.

4. cwej

cwej User

Why does Abz talk with animation in that clip there but can't string a sentence together in Big Brother. This looks as scripted as TOWIE (have never watched this)

5. Stormin'

Stormin' User

The whole J interview looked pretty suspect in terms of being scripted. He didn't look anywhere near as happy and content with his life as he was making out.

The rest of the show was turgid viewing, although I did nearly spit my tea out when Keavy got well above her station by saying she wanted to sing lead vocals if Edele didn't get her voice back. Keavy can't sing her way out of a paper bag, let alone sing C'est La Vie, so she's either delusional or being deliberately misleading to cover up that her vocal chords have gone.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  6. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

I wondered this. He's an empty shell in the Big Brother house, quite a long way from the "genuine English eccentric" he seems here.

7. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

I did have a TWITCH when J said "I've had relationships with some great people" :horny:

8. Commotion

Commotion User

Menly C?

9. COB

COB Hog Frenzy

BACK for more LYNCHBASHING :D

10. VoR

Is Stormin' the one who alleged that Edele was a massive LESBIAN?

11. Stormin'

Stormin' User

Nah, that was Keavy, not Edele. But it's only half the planet that thinks Edele's gay, especially after the first BR series when all the issues between her and Sinead were highlighted. It was made fairly clear the two of them were at it back in the late 90s, or at least it was done to make people think that.

12. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

I love J making reference to his own muscle queen status

13. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Hang on, is this BACK?

14. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

It's following them on tour but J's back (and hogging all the camera time)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  15. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

No idea if I'm watching a repeat but I've just flicked onto ITV and realised this is on.

The Honeyz woman fretting over not having rehearsed their track and about to appear in front of TEN THOUSAND PEOPLE should calm down. No one's really going to care, they never bother with the support acts.

16. Sid.W.

Sid.W. Hello, it's me

Just caught up with Thursday's episode - Atomic Kitten reminiscing on the boat got me proper emosh. They may not have had the best tunes/vocals but their sisterhood is UNMATCHED. :disco:

This series is pointless but I am loving how it feels like the premise is '7 washed-up pop acts go on a tour from HELL.'

17. Stormin'

Stormin' User

AK deffo had the best tunes amongst the girl bands of the day.

You'll be pleased to know the final episode is this week, as ITV could only come up with enough pointless shite for 3 hours less numerous ad breaks. This series is so desperately boring, it's untrue. I recorded last weeks, caught the last 15 mins live, but it was so dull, I didn't bother watching the rest of it. Too much Five and Katona having breakdowns in to the camera. Looking back, it's obvious now that outside of the mainly orchestrated group "issues" from the first series, none of the bands have anything vaguely interesting to say or do. It's also deadly dull as ITV seem unable to have the material to do a hatchet job on anyone this series as they did with Edele 7 months ago, although Keavy happily took the opportunity to make herself look extremely shifty and bitter the other week.

If the tour did turn out to be the tour from hell, then it was ITV that made it that way. The day of the Cardiff gig, ITV dragged all the bands to Bournemouth beach for episode filler shooting. They were still there at 2pm. The coach didn't arrive at Cardiff until 5pm. Most of them were shattered. 2 1/2 hours to eat, make up, wardrobe, and sound check. Most of the fans at Cardiff who were waiting around the back entrance didn't think that was acceptable.

18. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

I didn't even know this was back - did they promo it anywhere? Hopefully it will be on catch-up...

19. Ryan

Ryan User

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but it looks like Another Level are doing the next series as a trio.

20. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

"Acclaimed author and humanitarian, Katie Price" :D

"I keep calling them Nine Eleven instead of Nine One One" :D

21. Kalabaliken

As long as Bobak is there, I don't care! :horny:

22. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

How made up was that 'oh no we are going to miss the ferry!' 'they aren't letting us on the ferry' 'oh yes they are'

Sinking to new levels to try and create some drama :D

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  23. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

It's a bit annoying they hardly show any performances

And my god how ugly is Kerry Katona? And who styled her in that luminous green outfit, she looked like one of the ghosts from Pacman

24. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

They'll be available on the Christmas time ITV 3 live show and no doubt followed up by the world's worst live DVD shortly thereafter :D

25. Halli

A CHRISTMAS TOUR too I see, not milking this then :D

26. Stormin'

Stormin' User

The editing was shocking as well. Showing the gigs out of order, and then making out that the London O2 show was the final gig of the tour when everyone knows the tour ended in Belfast. Nice to see Cardiff and Brighton didn't even get a mention.

Most of the tickets for the Christmas shows sold out last March on the day they went on sale, so Lord only knows why ITV have now only started advertising the tour when the only seats that are left are ones I wouldn't want for free.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  27. straightorbroken

I wonder if this has been low profile to not put people off watching the next series, and it was a contractual thing that seemed like a good idea at the time. I did find Tash getting in a tiz about Kerry not committing rather amusing, saying that there weren't any other options. Jenny Frost awaits your call, girl.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  28. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

More stuff about Eternal having signed up sans Louise (which is fine by me) today

29. VoR

:evil:

30. Kalabaliken

As much as I liked Louise she was hardly vital to their success was she? But it would definitely have guaranteed more column inches as she's the only one who is still famous. That's probably why she's not doing it. She says she wants to spend more time with her family hug that's all she's done for the past 10 years!

31. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

I'm glad she's not doing it. She doesn't need Eternal

32. Halli

She doesn't need Eternal but it would have made AMAZING TV :(

33. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

Kéllé's story will be enough for ME

34. straightorbroken

My lord you do NOT need Louise on this. Esther addressing the subject in the manner any BC (that's Bible Cunt of course) would, with Vernie saying "I objected to" at the start of every Louise-related sentence (she's a lawyer you know), and poor Kéllé biting her tongue between her front teeth out of awkwardness, will be quite suffice.

35. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

The thing is, don't you all think it's RUBBISH and this is just so that there's a "WILL SHE/WON'T SHE?" thing on the show itself? She said recently that she would love to do something with the group again and it's already gone from the WHOLE group not doing it to just Louise...

Thing is, Eternal must be WELL AWARE that they would be the absolute stars of a second series. I cannot think of anyone who was either that big or that fell apart in such a dramatic way who could usurp them...

36. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

All Saints?

37. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Was their split as dramatic?

but yes, you're right- I hadn't thought of them. I can't see them doing it, though...

38. Stormin'

Stormin' User

Sure I've read All Saints have said no. Melanie Blatt lives in New Zealand I think, so there's little chance she'd leave home for months.

Would like to see their "reunion" episode though. Would make the B*itter Lemons' get together look like a child's birthday party.

39. Halli

Who are you kidding? OF COURSE Mel Blatt would leave New Zealand for a high profile show for a few months

She leaves every other week to party with the gays in Ibiza anyway :D

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  40. Stormin'

Stormin' User

Eugh, putting up with the heterophobic Lemon twins was bad enough. If the BR goes to a second series, the last thing it needs is more closeted lesbians banging the gay drum.