The Circle

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by lolly, Sep 18, 2018.

1. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I was surprised to see so many ex contestants. It didn't feel like there had been so many to me.

2. lolly

The tone of this show feels a little strange to me. I think I'd almost forgotten that it was a reality show in almost real time.

3. jivafox

jivafox Stay sexy don’t get murdered

Hmm that outcome kind of feels a bit of a letdown ultimately.

4. lolly

Particularly when the smaller prize is the last one.

jivafox likes this.
  5. lolly

6. jivafox

What a SHOW :D

7. jivafox

They blatantly thought he wouldn’t win the main thing so voted for him.

8. lolly

Bloody straight white men

9. lolly

I did wonder if he had a chance in the house vote, because it always felt like Dan would be the only one to rate fairly at the end. And I think Sian and Freddie wouldn't have seen Kate as competition, but would have seen the other two more so.

10. Superstylin'

Superstylin' User

I’m so glad I stuck with this after a bit of a dull first episode. The fast turnaround and great casting choices (on the whole) made this a great watch.

Netflix have picked up international rights and will produce a US versio (and two other international versions (Australia please! ) - knowing how keen they are to enter the reality tv sector I did think this would be perfect and relatively cheap tv for them! I assume we will get another series from channel 4 as even though ratings weren’t phenomenal it did really well in the 16-34 demograph that advertisers like.

11. Ryan

Ryan User

I really, really enjoyed this. Found the first episode or two a bit of a struggle but am so glad I persevered with this. It was absolutely fascinating at times. It reminded me of the first series of Big Brother in that the contestants didn't really know what to expect and so you ended up with something very genuine and charming.

The end result was definitely interesting. Ultimately, it was a game show and the winner was the person who had played it as a game. Alex was also a rather nice guy so I don't feel short-changed by it.

Dan and Sian were both absolutely lovely though. Freddie, for all his flaws, was very entertaining. I'd have been happy with any outcome really.

Superstylin' likes this.
  12. lolly

I'd not read anything about viewing figures since the launch to show two drop, but I read yesterday that it was neck and neck with Big Brother last week and beat it on a couple of occasions, so I assume it recovered a little.

13. Superstylin'

Superstylin' User

Oh that's not too bad then. If they do recommission it then i'm guessing they'll need a new location then since i imagine people will start moving into that building soon.

14. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)