The Environment ft Global Climate Change

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by big ron, May 6, 2020.

1. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

I'm surprised we don't have a thread on this, as a lot of us probably fall into that 'conscious of green matters without being hardened eco-warriors' category.

As much as individual changes make people feel empowered that they are helping it's no secret that wholesale changes to economies and political structures are the only way we'll actually not boil to death.

The current pandemic does appear to have the potential to be that catalyst. It's unlikely we'll go back to pre covid levels of global transportation even when flights do resume. WFH should become much more common place now it's proven to be possible. And now there seems to be growing weight behind the economic potential of a 'green recovery' type of economic stimulus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52488134

ButterTart likes this.
  2. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

I hope you're right. I suspect Ms Capitalism is gonna come back bigger and dirtier than ever and we'll have learned nothing.

COB and ameraal like this.
  3. Mats

Mats User

there will have to be a turning point where green business is more profitable than black business. but I fear we're far off...

Ag likes this.
  4. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

Well this is the thing, there's a lot showing that green investment got a lot more value for money after 2008 and would be even more profitable now. I guess its more the vested interests of political backers that will sway things.