The Final Fantasy XII Diary/Help thread

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by Diddy, Mar 6, 2007.

1. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

At the point where I have to toddle off to Arcadia. I tried to do a mark in a locked part of Bjujuberbebara mines or somewhere. The actual bad guys there were so nails that I got wiped out.

So I've gone off on a tangent and have got the windvayne and killed some massive dino thing. Not entirely sure of the benefits of doing this, but hey ho, its done.

I think I may actually be following the main story by doing what I have done, but have not checked a map to confirm this. Will explore with much killing at some point.

2. Strawberry Jam

Strawberry Jam User

:D

3. Penelo

Penelo User

Don't worry about the Nabudis Medallion Hunt I think I've sorted that out thanks. Now I'm afraid I'm wingeing about how to find Zodiark in Hennes Mines? How do you find that thing (hidden esper)? There are so many dead ends and gates closed - it's just soooooo frustrating. Can anybody tell me the quickest, easiest way to find Zodiark - he's apparently to be found at the Special Charter Dig. I managed to get the bloke in Jahara to unlock the secret passage that leads to Zodiark, but actually reaching him is something else!

4. Strawberry Jam

Strawberry Jam User

Oh god the Henne Mines. :zombie: I definitely can't help you there. I need to majorly level up before I can really do anything there. I get my arse absolutely spanked. :(

5. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Ugh I just typed out a LONG reply and then the window LOST IT

THIS Map will get you to Ore separation (where it says Tiamat Battle), the THIS Map will get you from there to Zodiark. I presume the directional arrow pointing away from Zodiark means a one-way street.

The guide recommends your party wear Dark Masks to absorb its tough Darkja attack. It also says you should try and have a team with prime numbered levels (43, 47, 53, 59) as Zodiark has attacks that hit characters whose level is a multiple of 2, 3 or 4. Holy weapons like Excalibur from the Great Crystal are very effective. Once you get it down to 20% HP (about 67,000 HP), it becomes immune to physical attacks and cast reflect on itself, but you can cast reflect on your party and bounce Scathe at it (non-elemental is good because his element weakness can change). Or if you have an Opal ring equipped, that character can penetrate Zodiark's reflect with magic. Also he can change between physical and magical immunity so keep on your guard!

6. Penelo

Penelo User

Omg I finally found and defeated Zodiark! Thanks for all your help Diddy (although I couldn't access either of the links you gave, but I did manage to find a pretty good map of the Henne Mines). It was quite an easy battle, not least because my levels are 80! Now it's back to finishing off Yiazmet - oh what fun!

7. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

oh well done, it sounded pretty nasty! I rushed the end of FFXII, I think I was starting to drift a bit, and got sick of looking for one of the marks. THEN I went on holiday for 2 1/2 weeks so it all sort of fell down from there

8. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

How is taking down Yiazamat then?

I seem to remember looking at a video of someone doing it on the 1 2 2 3 3 3 challenge.

8 hour battle or something stupid isn't it?!

9. TomH

TomH Who?

I've just started this!

Better late than never! :shy:

10. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

So where are you now then???

11. TomH

TomH Who?

Just got to the Lhusu Mines, about 8 hours in...

Reading this thread it seems I'm not the only one annoyed by the complexities of the licence board when it comes to buying and equipping armour and weapons!

Battles take a bit of getting used to, you have to take it pretty slowly and take things on one at a time it seems otherwise you can get easily overwhelmed running on and attracting more monsters, as I found in that damn cave with the electricity sucking spider things and the flans!

12. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

in the end I just ended up 'grinding' (:geek:).. not only did I level up, I got mucho dinero and loads of licence points (or whatever it is that unlocks them) .. I can't remember WHY i tried to get a huge chain of kills though, is it something to do with quickenings?

13. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

Once you get sufficiently Gambited up, then you become rather good.

Gambits like Ally KO -> Phoenix Down, take some effort out of things, Self -> Libra is handy.

There is one bit in those mines, a bridge where its just loads of skeletons. I absolutely caned them there, chained over a hundred.

14. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

but ... WHY? I can't for the life of my remember why we were so hell-bent on chaining :D There must have been SOME reason! It wasn't just to get one of those pirate statues was it?

15. TomH

TomH Who?

The mines seem a good place to do it as that kid seems to have an infinite supply of potions! I haven't worked out the benefits of the chains yet though!

16. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

If you chain 50, you get the title of THE UNRELENTING (which I like!). I did it because the drops become bountiful (positive status effects, multiple items, rarer items)... and I was just going through a phase when I couldn't buy all that I wanted each time.

Going on from this, lets talk WEAPONS:

How do you set your people up?
    What weapons do you like?
    What about armour?

Because its not all in the damage rating I believe. Guns have a shockingly low rating, but ignore defence. Bombs and axes seem to alternate between low and high damage.

Two handed swords mean no shields, but coupling that with lightish armour appears to result in multiple chain attacks.

17. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

do you unlock something for 100+ chaining? I just seem to remember that being some sort of mission I had. WHO KNOWS

18. TomH

TomH Who?

I'm at this bit now and suffered the same bloody fate - you don't have time to work out any strategy the first time around and just die - seems to be a recurring theme!

19. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

that was quite a rant :D

20. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

I had Vaan as a shitty knife/sword man, Ashe either crossbow or that grenade/bomb throwing thing, Basche was set up with 2 handed swords or hammers, Balthier with a spear or similar, Fran with a bow and Arrow, and Penelo with a mages staff.

I think I just did armour accordingly.

21. Strawberry Jam

Strawberry Jam User

Random Update:

I've found some bottles while fishing and am now trying to find the places to use them. I apparently did the 1st one months ago when I 1st started this side quest. The 2nd one in the Salikawood bothered me because I couldn't find a hut near the Deadlands, even though it was RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF ME. :daf: The 5th one was nice and easy. I've got 2 left to do. The "Dragons" "Wind eaters" one with some numbers I don't have a clue. The other one about foothills and mountains may be a pair of anagrams "Quiet Shrine", but I'm not sure. I think the others tended to be a bit more specific. I've searched half of the Stilshrine of Miriam but didn't find anything (except a new rare game which was nice). :confused:

22. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

God, I need to finish this off. Last time I went back it was such a CHORE though - I couldn't remember a THING about the control system :zombie:

23. Strawberry Jam

Strawberry Jam User

It's growing on me. :o Maybe that's just how much of an FF loon I am though.

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  24. TomH

TomH Who?

I've got to the shrine of Miriam or whatever it is called - I don't know if I wasn't paying attention but it wasn't obvious to me that I had to have the dawd shard equipped so that took a little time to work out!

The story seems a little vague - every now and again there is a cut scene that you drop in on various people's conversations and are expected to be immediately up with what is happening!

25. Penelo

Penelo User

Anybody know how to survive Yiazmat's Death Strike? It keeps doing like six of them in a row and I don't have enough time to revive everybody and then it's game over. Not even having Ribbon equipped saves you!

26. Penelo

Penelo User

Jeez I get the message - I'll give it another go!

27. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Sorry :shy: I haven't been up against him!

28. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

I'm playing about 50 games at the same time... not got that far! After a bloody YEAR.

29. TomH

TomH Who?

Didn't know who you meant so I looked it up - christ, the thing has how many million HP? A day to defeat? sod off!

I haven't got that far! Still playing, about 70 hours in and have abandoned the main story - I'm doing loads of hunts at the mo that I had neglected, and finding odd espers as I re-explore.

30. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

70 million HP. There are people who have put vids of them doing it on YOOOTUUUUBE.

31. Strawberry Jam

Strawberry Jam User

WTF? That must be even above the HP of Final Fantasy X where you were dealing out ridiculous damge?

32. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

I think Penance on FFX had an almighty 50 million hp. Could be 10 million. Not sure.

Thing is, hardly fascinating fights. Penance is purely based around having the Break Damage skill on your people, attacking its side bits so it can't attack you and just pumelling it until win.

There is strategy there I suppose. But just the one. For ages over and over.

33. swangali

swangali MEAN BOY

OH FUCKSTICK I've just today realised that i leant this game to my ex and never got it back. :(

34. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

I just browsed through this for a bit and it made me want to play FFXII again.

I hope we have a similarly LOONTASTIC thread next year for FFXIII (that's if I have a PS3 till then)

35. Strawberry Jam

Strawberry Jam User

I'm playing through this again and have very little Gil. :evil::(

36. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

Yes, I'm always feeling like they need to introduce Social Welfarega but since that isn't available I just go back to the Ozmone plains and slaughter as many Marlboro's as possible. Which equals in money and exp. points. :D

37. Strawberry Jam

Strawberry Jam User

I didn't read most of this thread 1st time because I got it late and I didn't want to be spoiled, but I'm gradually catching up with everyone elses comments slowly.

I just have to say: A couple of days ago I ran into everyone's favourite Mutant Cockatrice. I also nearly killed him, but I was nearly dead myself and had to run to a save point. When I came back he had gone. :(

38. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I finished this a little while back... FINALLY.

Money's not too hard to come buy, just make sure you have a steal gambit set up on your lead character (Enemy HP = 100% then STEAL) and have your other characters set to attack the party leader's target. That way you gets lots of loot you can sell and you'll have plenty of cash in no time.

39. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

I keep wondering whether I should go back to this. Then again I have FF7 to play. Might wait for either White Knight Chronicles or FFXIV for this sort of questing action again.

40. TomH

TomH Who?

As usual, I got nearly to the end and then stopped playing. Got to perhaps the last dungeon where it said you will not be able to get back out after you board the airship and head off - so I did some more hunts and then never went back!