The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by Raining On Me, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

Not sure how many here will be interested but this sounds pretty fucking amazing so far and seems to be getting mass praise everywhere.

I've not read the book and I've forgotten the plot of that dreadful Catherine Zeta Jones film which I imagine will be a good thing here.

Mike Flanagan has done quite a few decent horror films recently, Gerald's Game especially was a revelation. I LOVE that movie.

Anyway October 12th it's out, so that's some suitably creepy autumn viewing sorted.

2. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

Oh and Carla Gugino is in it who was just utterly incredible in Gerald's Game so I'm (cautiously) excited all in all :disco:

3. Debbie Jellinsky

Debbie Jellinsky User

I'm looking forward to this, The Haunting ('63) is one of my favourite horror films, it's perfect. The less said about the atrocious remake the better. The book is quite good, but a bit cold and weird.
    This looks like it's only loosely based on the novel, they seem to have changed the plot quite a bit. I enjoyed some of the director's previous films, so I'm sure it won't disappoint.