1. We are using new methods for embedding social posts/media. Please click here for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

The Leftovers (new HBO mystery drama from the creator of Lost)

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by Daniel, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Chateau Sheree

Keep watching Cwej, it gets better.

That last episode was so weird, it was also a lovely send off to that character.

2. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I've been a bit bored of watching tv shows lately but will soon start watching this. Hopefully season 2 has a faster pace.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  3. Queen of the Bay

Queen of the Bay User

It's brilliant, you'll love it.

4. Mats

Mats User

lovely? :D still I'm gonna miss the cunt

5. cwej

cwej User

I'm on Episode 7 and while I'm not the biggest fan of what they've done with Patti in Season 2, I have to say Ann Dowd is fucking hilarious. :D 'It's A DUCK.' 'That's your plan… seems ill-conceived to me.' She's making me laugh with almost every line. I'm not sure I'm supposed to be. :D

6. straightorbroken

straightorbroken Trust the Duchess

I've just seen episode 5. The shot of the boy holding out the wrist band was heartbreaking.

7. cwej

cwej User

OMG EPISODE 8 was actually amazing! Give Ann Dowd an Emmy NOW.

GLADYS!!!!

8. cwej

cwej User

I see there's no news of whether this is being renewed at all? Anyone know anything??

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Chateau Sheree

Ratings are low but HBO don't care about ratings so who knows.

10. cwej

cwej User

Well Episode 9 was another stunner. The best Liv Tyler has ever acted I reckon. And the ending….!!!! I didn't see it coming at all. :o

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Chateau Sheree

It wasn't exactly a shock to see what was inside the barn but I'd be curious if they were brainwashed before or after.

12. cwej

cwej User

I was totally surprised. I had always just gone into the theory of it being a real secondary disappearance. Maybe I'm too naive!

I think that they were brainwashed before. The fact that Meg met Evie gives an indication that a relationship might have formed somehow.

I couldn't turn away from my TV throughout the whole of the episode. It's just such a brilliantly scripted and plotted show.

13. Phoenix

Phoenix Chateau Sheree

Finale was good, but the fact that Kevin survived a gun shot to the gutt and another trip to the hotel kind of threw me off (he should have bled long time ago).

Nevertheless there were some amazing shots throughout. Erika running on the bridge towards Evie, Nora on the bridge protecting her baby, Liv Tyler being shot from that weird angle as she spoke to the Rangers from her car looking evil as fuck.

14. Queen of the Bay

Queen of the Bay User

Loved it, it's so genuinely emotional and well acted. Has anybody read the book? Is there any material left for another season?

15. cwej

cwej User

Finale was good, but not quite as satisfying as some of the previous episodes. I thought they were actually going to kill Kevin off when they did all the flashbacks to his loved ones when he was back in The Hotel, and was convinced that was going to be the end of the show forever.

Meg's stupid plans are irritatingly anti-climactic. I guessed the bomb was going to be a fake out because of the grenade on the school bus in her previous big episode. Regina King and the girl on the bridge was a great moment, but Nora having the baby taken from her destroyed me for a moment - the stampede on the bridge… my heart sank. I wouldn't put it past them to write a baby being stampeded to death into this programme, it's usually so grim.

Maybe my disappointment was that it was almost too happy at the end. Or the fact that it felt like a potential end forever and I don't want that,

(QOTB - the first season was based on the novel - the second season was completely new written for TV.)

16. Phoenix

Phoenix Chateau Sheree

They also ended the previous season on a relatively positive note. I think I needed something slightly uplifting after 10 hours of misery.

17. Phoenix

Phoenix Chateau Sheree

18. Mats

Mats User

:D

I was convinced for a second there that estranged son would kidnap the baby because the Guilty might need it, it is divine afterall

really itching for a renewal here!

19. cwej

cwej User

I think The Leftovers Season 2 is the best season of a TV show since Season 4 of Breaking Bad.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  20. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

So they've renewed this, but also cancelled it. Season 3 will be the last.

21. Phoenix

Phoenix Chateau Sheree

:disco: yayyyyy

I'm fine with it ending after three seasons

22. cwej

cwej User

I am absolutely thrilled with this news and knowing it's the final season rather than pondering about it all series means we can just enjoy the final season without any question of whether it will carry on or not.

Fantastic news! It's made my day!!

23. cwej

cwej User

Incidentally, this has been snubbed at the Golden Globes and all the major awards which whilst not completely surprising, is an absolute shame - it really deserved more from the voters, considering the way the critics have responded to it this year.

24. Phoenix

Phoenix Chateau Sheree

It will do well in the critics awards. Once you've missed the boat on the GG or Emmys them it's difficult for them to change their minds.

25. cwej

cwej User

Justin Theroux (Actor), Carrie Coon (Actress), Christopher Eccleston (Supporting Actor), Ann Dowd (Supporting Actress) and Regina King (Supporting Actress) all up for Critics' Choice Awards and the show up for Best Drama. About time it got some recognition.

26. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Indeed! :(

Going to watch episode 6 now. This season has been amazing so far, the pace is much faster than in the first season and thank God everyone's talking now (except for the priest's wife).

27. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Finally watched Season 2. Such amazing performances, writing, direction... this show is art!

I still don't fully get what the guilty remnant and Liv Tyler are doing and why they wanted to invade Miracle, but it doesn't matter so much.

28. cwej

cwej User

When is the third and final season due?

29. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Apparently in April.

You should start watching Westworld (if you haven't yet).

30. Mats

Mats User

I wonder how they're gonna wrap this up. I expect a lot of untied knots which I wouldn't mind really, otherwise it would probably feel very forced

31. Phoenix

Phoenix Chateau Sheree

What exactly are the plots anyway? It's really more of an atmospheric show, they said from day one they were not about the disappearances.

32. Mats

Mats User

I wouldn't know, I just watched the show

33. Phoenix

Phoenix Chateau Sheree

34. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

The FINAL season? :o

Has it suddenly turned into Lost?