the marvelous mrs. maisel

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by ameraal, Jan 11, 2019.

1. ameraal

ameraal wrong captcha

how do we not have a thread about this show? is no one here watching it? well i'm finally making my way through season 2 (after loving the first) and it's wonderful.

i know it rubs some people the wrong way (and others say it's overrated) but even then you have to admire the amazing production value, the indulgent set pieces and the overwhelming nostalgic and romantic feel to it.

people are crazy for brosnahan, and i do think she does a great job and is very charming, but personally my favourites are the parents - both tony shalhoub and marin hinkle are <ะท

2. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I found it charming at first but it quickly became grating and I dropped out midway through the first season.

Amy Sherman-Palladino's writing style is decidedly not for me, I feel.

3. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

i really enjoyed the first season, but haven't got around to the second yet.

4. ameraal

ameraal wrong captcha

just finished season 2 and i loved it. the story branches out nicely, we see a lot more of the support characters and the set pieces and choreography of it all is even richer and more elaborate.

also the final bit with lenny bruce was wonderful. big thumbs up.

half the episodes aren't written by as-p by the way. not that it matters, as it's all pretty homogenous but i personally like how chatty the show is.