The official LIZ JONES thread

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by Shirley, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Mugatu

Mugatu onlyfans.com/mugatu

I can't even mentally process what's going on there. It's meant to be Lon Chaney in drag, right?

2. Kate

Kate she's for the streets BITCH

What the ACTUAL fuck is she up to NOW? :D

3. Tisch

Tisch Tizzy

I like we don't even need to copy and paste the articles anymore. The pictures alone are pure LIZ GOLD. :D

4. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

It's a follow up to her Pulitzer winning article on OAPs being treated as second class citizens.

5. That One

That One User

Being childless won't drive me mad, but Mumsnet might: Why is it only women with no offspring who are fair game?

I always seem to leave the cinema after watching the latest romcom more depressed than when I went in. But I had thought Friends With Kids, from the team who gave us Bridesmaids, would be different.
    The first 15 minutes are glorious. Two young friends go for dinner at the apartment of a married couple (Maya Rudolph and Chris O’Dowd). There is noise and mess, shouting and recrimination. The father is hiding in the bathroom while the mum, overweight and overwrought, is screaming at him to do stuff.
    The harassed parents have no self-awareness, no concept of how rude they are being: they have forgotten to buy their friend a birthday present, let alone wipe the table free of sticky stuff, while the mum falls asleep sitting up.

But then, of course, it becomes a morality tale designed to keep flibbertigibbets in their place.
    Birthday boy cannot see his platonic friend – also the mother of his child – as sexy, and dates instead a skinny, beautiful girl, played by Megan Fox. She doesn’t want children, because she works long hours and is portrayed variously in a face pack, and screaming during sex.
    More...Being a 'helicopter mother' could land you with depression: Parents whose lives revolve around their children damage their health

In a restaurant, she turns up her perfect retroussé nose at the noise from kids at the next table, and the scales are lifted from our hero’s eyes. He confides he now finds her ‘ugly’. A relationship with a beautiful woman who doesn’t want children can only be ‘fleeting’.

Women without children are always fair game. When I wrote earlier in the week that neither I nor Marie Helvin have had children, therefore this might be a factor in our looking more or less acceptable in a bikini, all hell broke loose. I received quite a few emails along the lines of: ‘You haven’t had children because no man would want to f*** you, you shrivelled up, self-obsessed bitch.’

There was even an item on Woman’s Hour on Wednesday morning, examining new research in Denmark that says women who are unsuccessful undergoing fertility treatment are more likely to go mad in later life, and to suffer from alcoholism.
    The Woman’s Hour website sums up the problem thus: ‘Given the financial, as well as the human cost of picking up the pieces, is it time for us to prioritise the availability of fertility treatment?’
    YES! Let’s ignore the fact that it is the child-free woman who has to do all the WORK, and probably has no PENSION or TAX CREDITS or FRIENDS, because all our contemporaries hate our flat tummies. It can’t be those things that tipped us over the edge, it must be our lack of mummyhood. I swear this Woman’s Hour story is true, and not something from a French And Saunders sketch.
    And how about the way Marie Colvin, a hugely successful, brave, hardworking war reporter, is portrayed in the latest issue of Vanity Fair? Colvin is necessarily tragic, not because she was murdered doing her job, but because she wasn’t a mum. What she was – of course, because what else is there to do if you’re not baking cupcakes? – was a heavy drinker. Did we have to know that? Don’t all journalists drink, especially the male ones?
    But now, it seems the latest generation of baby-producing couples are made up of two women, not one.
    Facebook’s chief operating officer, Sheryl Sandberg, said recently that women who want careers should find supportive husbands who will share the domestic workload, and not ‘lean back’ from promotion out of fear they won’t be able to cope. And, ta da!, the new generation of mums, weaned by (part-time) career women to expect to rule the world without doing very much at all, have now bullied their husbands into taking up their rights of paternity leave.
    I am being plagued by such a person at the moment, a man who is impacting on my life, finances and sanity, all because he is on paternity leave.
    Why, if someone else’s personal lifestyle choice impacts on me, am I not expected to moan about it?
    And if, as a single, child-free woman, you do moan about it, you are the devil incarnate.
    As more men step up to the nappy, expect even less to get done. Britain will soon be populated by the types on Mumsnet, who feel the whole world revolves around them, like a brightly-coloured mobile.
    I, meanwhile, will be left to endure the constant stream of abusive emails.
    As I’ve already got 17 cats, perhaps I should go the whole hog and add a pointy hat to my byline picture.

6. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Has Moopy missed Liz Jones working at Pound Land?

7. That One

That One User

Oh god yes, link us up hot stuff

8. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

9. That One

That One User

This was my favourite line:

10. jivafox

jivafox chalamet & chill

she obviously thinks it's all like a quirky fish-out-of-water comedy, but it's just PLAIN OFFENSIVE :D

11. supermassive

supermassive User

I want her to have her own An Idiot Abroad type show, I love her too much.

12. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

http://i.STOP FUNDING HATE.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/04/article-2168876-13E8DBEB000005DC-615_306x829.jpg

http://i.STOP FUNDING HATE.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/04/article-2168876-13E8DB94000005DC-970_306x781.jpg

13. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

14. Lockhart

Lockhart Valar Morghulis

Oh my GOD that second shot is absolutely amazing :D

15. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam Not Lana Del Rey

I scrolled down really fast and thought it was Jade Ewen. And no, I'm not sure how either.

16. Kate

Kate she's for the streets BITCH

Private Eye pointed out that earlier this month she was bitching about Madonna stripping off at the age of 54, and then she goes and does it herself. At exactly the same age :bad:

17. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

It's about as amazing as that "fabulous" picture Jark posted of Lauryn Hill the other day.

i.e. absolutely FUCKING NOT

18. Jark

Jark I... know... how bad you want this

Is it possible to go through a mid life crisis in your mid 50s?

19. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

20. supermassive

supermassive User

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  21. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock one of those "they/thems"

I thought that was when most people DID.

22. supermassive

supermassive User

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  23. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

:D

Where will it END?

24. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Designer vagina next

25. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

http://i.STOP FUNDING HATE.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/29/article-0-153DF2E8000005DC-857_634x468.jpg

Has she not had a Vajazzle yet? That seems like an obvious thing for her to have jumped on. Get to it Liz.

26. Jark

She is amazing

I love how her column every week starts out "my secret famous boyfriend is angry with me for relaying his texts in this column..." before going on to do the exact same thing all over again.

27. COB

COB jumped up little prick

Liz investigates SUICIDE CHATROOMS.

28. Mugatu

Mugatu onlyfans.com/mugatu

"My £2000 MacBook's webcam set up, I gently placed the noose, tied from organic woven hemp, around my neck, careful not to smudge my make-up (which I had bought from my favourite counter at Harrods earlier)."

29. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

This is from a few days ago and an absolute treat to read:
    http://www.STOP FUNDING HATE.co.uk/...ds-depressing-message-fans.html#ixzz284hucs00

30. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Eileen is going to be furious at all this.

31. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

For every argument Liz makes that begins to approach what you might consider a reasonable point-of-view, she says five or six things that are just so horrendously offensive.

32. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

http://i.STOP FUNDING HATE.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/25/article-2223107-15AE9AAA000005DC-126_634x482.jpg

33. jivafox

jivafox chalamet & chill

34. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock one of those "they/thems"

One thing's for sure, THIOPIA isn't impressed.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  35. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

No likey.

Love that Zoiey has no unnecessary letters in her name.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  36. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam Not Lana Del Rey

Please say she's in it for the long haul :D I want to see someone get lumbered with her.

37. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

:disco:

38. Jark

Thiopia is AMAZING. I didn't watch it this week, did she get picked?

39. COB

COB jumped up little prick

Did anyone read her article last weekend about going to Haiti*? Quite tame by Liz's usual standards, but there were some amazing shots of her SLUTTING IT UP in an off-the-shoulder hoodie next to poor Haitian blanket weavers and also a desperate search through a shanty town to find a photogenic enough child to pose with her :daf:

*(we found the magazine discarded on a train, HONEST)

40. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER