The Simpsons

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Blake, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Blake

Blake User

[​IMG]

Does anyone still like The Simpsons after the 15th Season or has it gone down in your opinion. I definatly think its not as good as it used to and presume that there'll only be 2 more Seasons left until the show finishes for good.

Season 4 is being released on DVD next week in the UK but i'd wish they'd hurry them out more often, they're only doing one per year at this rate so it means we'll have to wait another 11 years for this years Season to come on DVD.

Anyway, I say bring back Futurama, that show was hilarious and I believe that there is a slight chance that it might come back due to strong DVD sales.

[​IMG]

2. David

David Misanthropic Old Bastard

I stopped seriously watching it years ago, I think the last episode I made a conscious decision to watch was when they killed Maude Flanders off!

3. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

I FUCKING love the Simpsons, sure its not as good, but it still more HIT than MISS

Was on the radio today that Patty has a lebian weddiing with a lady golfer!

And Futurama was CLASS

4. Blake

Blake User

[​IMG]

It's about time Patty got her own storyline, she's always been outshadowed by Selma. :D I Love them TWO Characters!...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2004
  5. Kate

Kate dumps like a truck

TRUTH

Don't forget Family Guy... VICTORY IS MINE

6. Jack

Jack I HAVE NO IDEA

I still watch the new episodes, they aren;t as good no, but still watchable. Past series have been GENIUS.

7. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

I saw the old one the other day when Homer works for a supervillain..CLASSIC!

And yes, Patt has always been hinted at being a lezza, now its confirmed

Just think, BArt should be 22 now,Lisa 20 and Maggie 16

8. Bunty's Magic Vegetable

Bunty's Magic Vegetable User

Season 10 is where it started to suck, and suck bad... it suffers from over exposure and lack of good ideas... the writers opt for wacky plotlines which does the legacy of the show as a satirical look at american life no favours at all... of course the majority of the good writers toddled off to do Futurama which left The Simpsons with pure shit... the latest season had a couple of half decent episodes, and these were (unsurprisingly) the only episodes without a celebrity whoring themselves out on it...

if Matt Groening had the authority to end the show, he would have done... years ago...

and theres a Futurama movie in the works...

9. PJL

PJL User

I stopped watching the Simpsons when Homer became a selfish moron.... (granted Homer never did have much upstairs, but he was still a sympathetic character up until series 8ish).

10. Bunty's Magic Vegetable

Bunty's Magic Vegetable User

probably the best episode ever! :D

Homer: you have any sugar around here?
    Hank Scorpio: Sugar? Sure. [reaches inside his pockets and brings out handfuls of sugar] There you go. Sorry it's not in packages. Want some cream?
    Homer: Uhh... I... no.

11. PJL

PJL User

That's the Hank Scorpio episode which is defintely one of the best.

BTW, Bart should be about 28, Lisa 25 and Maggie 18 if you take into account they were in the Tracy Ulman show (c1987 onwards( before having their own shown.

12. Kate

Kate dumps like a truck

One of my favourite moments was on the other day, when Homer gets barred from Moe's and his double goes in to get a drink, but they think it's him in disguise and kick him out as Homer is walking past

"OH MY GOD! IT'S MY EXACT DOUBLE!............ Oh LOOK, a dog with a puffy tail! HeeHeeHee! HeeHeeHee!" (chasing dog down the street)

13. Matthew

Matthew I am not a sandwich

I heard that someone has a gay marriage, performed by Homer, after Springfield legalises same-sex unions to make money. Patty's a good choice! Though Moe or Millhouse's dad would also have been good.

It's ALL about Family Guy though!

14. Music

Music User

Yes i saw the episode about the whore house and Patty was caught coming out of it :D

15. Jack

Jack I HAVE NO IDEA

Oh, yeah, what are you gonna do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?

16. Rhythmbarbican

Rhythmbarbican User

I really hated it when BBC2 would show a new (to bbc2) season, show it, repeat older episodes, repeat that newer season and then repeat older episodes.

Channel 4 BETTER NOT screw it up.

17. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I love how Channel 4 have spent MILLIONS on the rights to it, just as it goes to absolute SHIT!

What happened to the mooted Family Guy comeback, again due to strong DVD sales? That show is CLASSIC.

18. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

There is gonna be a Family Guy DVD movie apparently, cos the DVDs have sold so well

""Yes Mr Scorpion"

"DOnt call me Mr Scorpion. Its Mr Scorpio but dont call em tha either"

19. Hafo

Hafo Burlesque

Nothing beats the Brazil episode. The scene with the monkeys got me laughing for days...

But yeah, the recent episodes aren't as funny. Adult Swim is much, much better! They're releasing a DVD of Aqua Teen Hunger Force! :D

20. dixielandings

dixielandings User

I must be one of the FEW who still REALLY REALLY likes the new episodes! Of course they dont have the charm of the early series, but COME ON there wasnt much MORE that they could do without going at least a bit OTT! I'd MUCH rather they keep on going than end it after 10 series or so, if only for the 2 or 3 episodes per season that are SPOT on! If u dont like the newies, just dont watch em!

HeLikedTurner likes this.
  21. Lucille

Lucille Tin Queen

Kate and Chlammy like this.
  22. Rhythmbarbican

Rhythmbarbican User

I'm watching from the beginning on Disney+, season 11 is when the rot kicks in. After that the quality varies dramatically.

I wish they'd age the characters so at least we'd get some different storylines.

23. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

It picks up again around Season 22.