the umbrella academy

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by ameraal, Feb 23, 2019.

1. ameraal

ameraal true love is making a comeback

how is no one watching this? it's the perfect (if a bit slow) blend of new superhero, old-school family drama and 90s nostalgia. there's just an inch off about it but i can't wait to get through the whole she-bang.

2. cwej

cwej User

Hearing good things. Will start watching it soon.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Finished it yesterday

i thought Ellen Page was great in those last two episodes. Mary was surprisingly good and I enjoyed her and Hazel.

4. Pipo

Pipo i feel like i am the Paris of people

I really like it. I really wanna LOVE IT, but why the hell does each episode feel like 90 minutes and sometimes a chore to get through not to mention the pacing is so slow it makes ROMA look like an instagram clip

ameraal likes this.
  5. Pipo

Pipo i feel like i am the Paris of people

finally got through it.
    BEST superhero series in a long long time omg. Defenders could never.

6. ameraal

ameraal true love is making a comeback

i finished this last night. i'm in a bit of a tizz as it could have been so much better - the production was wonderful and the story is brilliant but it wasn't particularly well told. the pacing was a bit meh, some of it was really hamfisted, other parts really lazy or glazed over and some pretty poor acting (i thought poor dickon was really shoddy and though i love mary j blige she looked like she was just doing that gif of her reacting to aguilera).

the worst thing about it however was ellen page. i feel bad for never liking her. from wishing her death in hard candy to wishing her death in juno, i can't remember wishing death on someone's characters quite as much.

so yeah, this was pretty good but it could've been really great.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I thought she was marvelous and when she let it all rip in the end. I loved it.

Also they spent a whole lot of money on that last episode. It looked really good.

8. Mats

Mats User

I still have an episode or two to go but what a mediocre show. still excited to see Ellen Page spazz out though

9. Mats

Mats User

I think the worst is the recurring sister love/hatred between Vanya and Allison that gets a full scene or two to itself every episode, cheesy lines included, to achieve the cheapest drama. what a lazy script

I thought you were my SISTER! I love you, you're my SISTER! YOU ARE NOT MY SISTER!

Pipo likes this.
  10. Mats

Mats User

also WHO THE FUCK thought that Dancing in the Moonlight would be appropriate for any soundtrack ever?! YUCK