The USA: The Trump Years

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by cwej, Nov 12, 2016.

1. ameraal

ameraal tennis

headlines that could've been trump didn't mention climate change once? that he gave a racist conspiracy theorist an award? that both republicans and democrats applauded someone no one has voted for and called him the legitimate president of venezuela?

yes. success.

and i know these things don't matter to joe public but what does her behaviour bring to the table apart from a new bottom baseline from which to go lower? what comes next? giving the finger? pooping on the podium?

a ton of congresspeople didn't even dignify his speech with their presence.

2. ameraal

ameraal tennis

sorry, if i'm coming across pressed. i think the buck (two-)toothed lady from iowa is still making me doubt my sanity.

Beverley likes this.
  3. octophone

octophone ADMIN, bitches!!

No, I totally get where you're coming from. I do feel that none of the things you list would have been headlines within the wider media but that's says a lot more about the media than it does Trump, Pelosi or any of the attendees.

ameraal likes this.
  4. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

When they go low, we go for the memes...

vespertine likes this.
  5. vespertine

vespertine A kind of fever chart

They've been trying that approach for five years. Trump says this! Trump says that! Trump does this! Trump does that!

It's not working.

Besides, how could any of those headlines stand out when the very next day Trump would be acquitted?

Which of course Pelosi knew. Her move was fantastic, symbolic, and will be remembered.